Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:58:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690990
  • Total Topics: 118362
  • Online Today: 742
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Footsore Dark Age releases  (Read 7596 times)

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Re: Footsore Dark Age releases
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 12:46:05 PM »
Just a rumour.

From the Facebook page:
'The South London Warlords would like to reassure gamers and traders that SALUTE will be held at Excel for the foreseeable future.

We operate on a rolling contract with the management at Excel and, as such, we are committed to running SALUTE there in 2016 and beyond...'

Oh, and nice figures Bill, I'll be adding them to my Saxons at some point.
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 01:44:57 PM »
Very very nice!
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »
Cracking sculpts, Bill

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 11:51:05 PM »
From the Facebook page:
'The South London Warlords would like to reassure gamers and traders that SALUTE will be held at Excel for the foreseeable future.

We operate on a rolling contract with the management at Excel and, as such, we are committed to running SALUTE there in 2016 and beyond...'

What a relief! Well, that's made me happy anyway  :)

Darrell.

Offline rampantlion

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 03:23:03 PM »
I picked some of these up at Cold Wars and am going to draft some of them into feudal service as Scottish archers for my early medieval forces.  Really nice figures.

Allen

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 05:00:00 PM »
Not exactly the Dark Ages category, but I just received 18 cavalry and 32 guys on foot, from the Late Romans category (okay, kinda Dark Ages, sort of).  They are really, really good minis.  I am amazed.

Little, if any, flash to clean up.  Fists did need to be drilled out to take a spear, which is fine.  Metal is pretty hard so drilling was a little tougher than some other brands of minis but the lighter side of this is that they are less likely to bend and break over time.  I prefer it this way.

On surprise was that the King Arthur mini is all one piece.  The rider and horse do not separate.  Really, really good looking minis.

I am very happy with the purchase and will be making another one.  What was going to be a collection of cool-looking minis will become an organized little army.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 05:26:41 PM »
Not exactly the Dark Ages category, but I just received 18 cavalry and 32 guys on foot, from the Late Romans category (okay, kinda Dark Ages, sort of).  They are really, really good minis.  I am amazed.

Little, if any, flash to clean up.  Fists did need to be drilled out to take a spear, which is fine.  Metal is pretty hard so drilling was a little tougher than some other brands of minis but the lighter side of this is that they are less likely to bend and break over time.  I prefer it this way.

On surprise was that the King Arthur mini is all one piece.  The rider and horse do not separate.  Really, really good looking minis.

I am very happy with the purchase and will be making another one.  What was going to be a collection of cool-looking minis will become an organized little army.

Yeah, i'm in the process of painting up a series of Late Roman Musketeer units and they're pretty much the same by the sounds of it. Really lovely miniatures.

I wish they would sort of the unit deals here in the UK. Then I'd order. I don't want to do it now to find out I could have saved money later on.

Darrell.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 08:30:42 PM »
Atheling, I don't understand what you mean.  The USA site is not functioning (yet).  I have had to do all my ordering through the UK site which as minis in groups, usually of 4. 

I am looking forward to the USA site getting up and running.  I don't like paying that international postage.  I'd rather spend that money on a few more little dudes.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2015, 04:52:39 AM »
Atheling, I don't understand what you mean.  The USA site is not functioning (yet).  I have had to do all my ordering through the UK site which as minis in groups, usually of 4. 

I didn't know that. I asked Bill if unit deals would be available in the UK and he said eventually. i don't mind saying that my hobby cache is not what it used to be so Unit Deals are the way forward for me as I'm doing all the painting for the Hastings Demo at Salute next year!  :)

I am looking forward to the USA site getting up and running.  I don't like paying that international postage.  I'd rather spend that money on a few more little dudes.

I don't blame you one iota. I had assumed that the Footsore USA site would be the first to go 'live' as footsore is essentially a US company(?).

Darrell.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2015, 04:50:49 PM »
I'm not quite sure what they're doing or how they're doing it.  Starting up a business, getting all the software working, testing it (which is a big deal), dealing with SW contractors, all that is a lot to do.  Also, synchronizing a US and a UK branch adds to the challenge.

Having identical molds of the same high quality in both countries so they can make supply in both countries, stuff like that.

I wonder if those guys have "daytime" jobs, too, and kids to care for.

I'm trying to make another order of 5-6 packs but with a few extra details, waiting for a response from them.  I'm certain they're very busy getting all this going.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the US site getting up and running.

Come to think of it, if you Musketeer/Footsore guys are reading this, I'm a SW engineer and have managed some development projects.  If you need some ideas, a sounding board, someone to plan your steps with (including testing and debugging the ordering process), I'm available.  

No charge, of course, I'm just glad to contribute to a really cool project.  

Please feel free to PM me.

Maybe if I have something useful to offer you, you'll teach me to correctly position spearmen on 25mm square bases so that they all line up right without stabbing each other....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 04:52:50 PM by ErikB »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 05:09:05 PM »
I'm not quite sure what they're doing or how they're doing it.  Starting up a business, getting all the software working, testing it (which is a big deal), dealing with SW contractors, all that is a lot to do.  Also, synchronizing a US and a UK branch adds to the challenge.

Having identical molds of the same high quality in both countries so they can make supply in both countries, stuff like that.

I wonder if those guys have "daytime" jobs, too, and kids to care for.

I'm trying to make another order of 5-6 packs but with a few extra details, waiting for a response from them.  I'm certain they're very busy getting all this going.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the US site getting up and running.

Come to think of it, if you Musketeer/Footsore guys are reading this, I'm a SW engineer and have managed some development projects.  If you need some ideas, a sounding board, someone to plan your steps with (including testing and debugging the ordering process), I'm available.  

No charge, of course, I'm just glad to contribute to a really cool project.  

Please feel free to PM me.

Maybe if I have something useful to offer you, you'll teach me to correctly position spearmen on 25mm square bases so that they all line up right without stabbing each other....

I get your meaning.... I'm just being patient as my wallet is lighter than it was last year at this time  :)

Darrell.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 06:21:05 PM »
There's some great Arab stuff there. They'd go well with my Gripping Beast Crusades stuff I accidentally bought on ebay (blurry picture and incorrect descriptio).

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 06:35:07 PM »
(blurry picture and incorrect descriptio).

That would be about right..... sucks doesn't it? Why be so dishonest? You're going to get found out when the stuff arrives anyway....  o_o ??? ??? ??? o_o

Darrell.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 07:02:33 PM »
That would be about right..... sucks doesn't it? Why be so dishonest? You're going to get found out when the stuff arrives anyway....  o_o ??? ??? ??? o_o

Darrell.

In fairness the guy did give me a rather large discount to compensate. I was going to sell/pass them on, but you never know when they might come in handy!

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »
In fairness the guy did give me a rather large discount to compensate. I was going to sell/pass them on, but you never know when they might come in handy!

Sounds like a decent deal when all is said and done  :)

Darrell.