Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:27:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (update: D&D(&D))  (Read 267415 times)

Offline DeafNala

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (update: Ogres, Shrooms, Ooze)
« Reply #1410 on: March 03, 2023, 02:44:10 PM »
OUTSTANDING STUFF! I really like the new Mushroom Guys & the Ogres.
The Possible Puffballs might make good Morels:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 04:49:36 PM by DeafNala »
I'd NEVER join a club that would have me as a member.  G.Marx

Offline plessiez

• Assistant
« Reply #1411 on: March 03, 2023, 10:24:03 PM »
Not suggesting yours were inspired by this, but I think that with the Last of Us we’re going to see a lot of people doing mushroom related things. Yours love ace. If you have access to a printer there’s a few things I’ve seen on MMF that might fit in nicely with yours?

Mushroom knights https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-fungus-knight-modular-bundle-presupported-227148

Swamp zombies https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-swamp-shroom-zombies-150016

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #1412 on: March 12, 2023, 03:08:16 AM »
Really funny and nice looking. Did you made them with a glue gun ?

The color is really well chosen.

Yes, glue gun on some wire frames to help hold them up. There are a couple of blogs/articles that I read. I did mine slightly different, but this is the basis:  https://www.masterthedungeon.com/make-your-own-black-pudding-miniatures/

OUTSTANDING STUFF! I really like the new Mushroom Guys & the Ogres.
The Possible Puffballs might make good Morels:

I think my unscrupulous 'Shrumans may be amorel.  lol

I love the color and texture on those! I've been wanting to try my hand at more sculpting of my own 'Shroomfolk. I don't know why I keep hesitating. Yours are inspirational!

Not suggesting yours were inspired by this, but I think that with the Last of Us we’re going to see a lot of people doing mushroom related things. Yours love ace. If you have access to a printer there’s a few things I’ve seen on MMF that might fit in nicely with yours?

Mushroom knights https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-fungus-knight-modular-bundle-presupported-227148

Swamp zombies https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-swamp-shroom-zombies-150016

Those swamp zombies are perfect! Unfortunately I don't have a 3D printer.

I recently found out about Last of Us. I hadn't heard of it when I started, but my inspiration was from the exact same real-world fungus/shroom and concept. I don't get a lot of TV time, but have added that to my watch list. I got a bit burned out on shows like Walking Dead though, so not sure if I will stick with it. But definitely curious to see how they treat the similar idea.

Not much painting. Work has been overwhelming. Trying to keep up with my Old World Army Challenge entry. But I recently acquired a second old Citadel C20 (Hill) troll and had to paint it right away. I've got a soft spot for trolls, and wouldn't mind painting a full set of the Aly Morrison C20 trolls, and maybe moving on to the Perry C20 trolls as well! The river troll was painted a few years ago. I didn't mean to paint it in the same colors (the River Troll was still in a box when I painted the new Hill Troll) But there they are.  lol

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (update: Hill Troll)
« Reply #1413 on: March 12, 2023, 07:10:43 AM »
The trolls are great!

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (update: Dragons & stuff)
« Reply #1414 on: April 13, 2023, 02:17:44 AM »
Catching up!

The first big dragon I painted when I was a kid was a Grenadier red dragon. That figure is long gone, but it was the inspiration for painting this old Ral Partha dragon that I bought from eBay last year and recently repaired (broken tail). Vintage Tom Meier sculpt.

Last year I had a bit of eBay drama that left me with a headless dragon. I didn't want to let a classic sculpt go to waste, so I made do with a substitution. :) He looks so sad, I figured I'd give him a pet dog to help cheer him up. Not sure where I got teh dog from.

Body & wings are old Tom Meier sculpt from Ral Partha. Head is a spare from the Satyr Art Studio trolls.

Speaking of dragons, I've been on a bit of a roll with them. Yet another old Tom Meier/Ral Partha dragon. Cold drake, more specifically. This one is a repaint of an old figure from my childhood.

I also finished the whole owlbear family. Mama had to go through some reconstructive surgery. I has to sculpt a new beak after dropping her and half of the original broke off. Owlbro & eggs are from Westfalia, the rest are 3d prints I received for Christmas, sculptor unknown.

I've had these two Reaper half-orcs partially painted on my table for a couple of YEARS. I recently was inspired by the idea of them being a family of successful merchants dealing in exotic wares. Figured they also needed a kid (forget where I got them from). Pet and caravan coming soon. But right now I'm stuck on colors for dad's clothing!

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #1415 on: April 13, 2023, 09:31:00 AM »
Great work on these - that's a brilliant conversion of the dragon!

Lovely painting on all - and especially on the owlbears: superb!

Offline Old Hob

• Scientist
    • The Evil Lead
« Reply #1416 on: April 13, 2023, 09:39:15 AM »
All REALLY good - but the cold drake and the owlbears definitely steal the show. They're sublime.

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
« Reply #1417 on: April 13, 2023, 10:18:17 AM »
These are all uber cool - I especially love the classic dragons... they have never looked so good...

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #1418 on: April 26, 2023, 07:40:06 AM »
Cool. Love the trolls. I have the cave troll and its one of my favourite trolls. I painted it a super pink fleshtone with blue hair. Worked quite well despite how it sounds lol

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #1419 on: April 28, 2023, 08:38:07 AM »
Fantastic! The Owlbear family especially. We are playing DnD just now and just met some of them.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
« Reply #1420 on: May 07, 2023, 06:07:37 PM »
Thanks all! The owlbear family was fun to paint.

I've completed my April entry for the Old World Army Challenge. Full entry (with background info) on the site:

http://oldworldarmychallenge.blogspot.com/2023/05/zerotwentythrees-april-skaven-620-pts.html

Pics:

And a comparison shot between the newly painted (red) Jabberwock from Satyr Art Studio and the older ones from Ral Partha and Citadel.

Offline randycarter

• Scientist
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (update: Skaven and Jabberwock)
« Reply #1421 on: May 13, 2023, 07:10:36 AM »
Really cool job on he jabberwock, the texture really pop!

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #1422 on: May 13, 2023, 09:26:51 AM »
Very cool. Sorry I didn't read the old world post, where is the little skaven from?
Jabberwock is great.

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #1423 on: May 13, 2023, 03:34:47 PM »
Lovely work

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Mastermind
    • ZeroTwentythree
Re: Marienburg vs. the Undeadish (update: Grey Seer)
« Reply #1424 on: July 14, 2023, 01:43:54 AM »
It's been slow going lately, and I struggled to finish the Old World Army Challenge this year. But I made it!

The last two months were difficult partially because I lost use of the basement where I paint and have my small solo-gaming table. I also spent three weekends packing and moving everything (including all my minis and gaming stuff) out of the basement and into storage.

I had planned on painting 25 Skavenslaves for May, but only got 13 done. At least it was a lucky number! They had to be painted outside which seems like it would be pleasant, but was very difficult for my old eyes. Also not great photo photographing the figures.

June was the final month, and I had saved this for my Leader entry, planning on finishing with a bang. I had 3-4 character models I wanted to paint, plus hoped to catch up on some of the figures that didn't get painted in previous months. Sadly all I got to was the bare minimum , a single Grey Seer. I am happy with how it turned out, at least.