Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:48:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mordheim Marienburg warband for commission (PICS HEAVY) -FINISHED! 14/02  (Read 27095 times)

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
    • Faber Ambitious Mordheim Project
Which brings us to the next question...

(you know, how did you do it?)

:) I'll try to take some close-up of the fish.
Basecoat of gw 1/4 codex gray + 1/4 skull white + 1/2 vallejo chainmail. This to obtain a shiny fish-skin. Then I painted the upper part and fins in a mix of 1/2 dark angels green + 1/2 scorched brown. With this same colour I made those small dots you can see on the body. Then I wash the entire fish with GW devlan mud and highlighte it with the basecoat colour. Finally, I painted his eye in yellow/ochra and I added a small black dot in the centre of it.
I was inspired by pics on the web, like this one:

hope it helps, WK  :)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Wonderful, Faber!
Simply wonderful!
 :-*

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
Wonderful, Faber!
Simply wonderful!
 :-*

Thanks Mason :)
I'm happy you like my painting. As soon as I have shipped these nasty guys I'll start a new commission. I have 11 oldschool rats and I'm really looking forward to paint them :D

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Thanks Mason :)
I'm happy you like my painting. As soon as I have shipped these nasty guys I'll start a new commission. I have 11 oldschool rats and I'm really looking forward to paint them :D
More to come too, and now I've seen that horse....... Damn that's a fine horse!

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Lovely, rich colours on that Freelancer.

I like the fish nailed to the shield but is there a story behind it?
Who knows? Fish and apple cores are liberally sprinkled throughout the Mordheim rulebook and the accompanying figure range though.

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
Who knows? Fish and apple cores are liberally sprinkled throughout the Mordheim rulebook and the accompanying figure range though.

I guess he's from Marienburg?

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
More to come too, and now I've seen that horse....... Damn that's a fine horse!

:) I'm happy you like it Adam. Would you like to send me a couple of horses too?  lol

Thanks CS! :)
True about Mordheim rulebook... Lovely illustrations on that book! I wish the evil GW has spended more time on Mordheim...It could be the best range of fantasy weird reinassance minis...I'd like to have the sculpting skill to create what they didn't!

Offline Golgotha

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • BMC Miniatures - All things wargame related.
Re: Mordheim Marienburg warband for commission (PICS HEAVY) -FINISHED! 14/02
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 07:20:15 PM »
Marvellous - I especially like the Don Quixote de la Mancha, with fish, type mini by the company "de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme" (opening line of Don Quixote - "whose name I do not wish to recall") - be lovely to play a game tilting windmills. or is that ferociuos giants lol - all farce and deception really or is it madness.

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Faber, if GW spent more time on Mordheim, they'd be milking it and we'd be on 3rd edition - which would be rubbish - by now  ;)

I guess he's from Marienburg?
Why? He wears the livery colours of Hochland yet on his shield is a bull which is often associated with Ostland. This seems appropriate to me. After all, he's a freelancer, a mystery man, a wanderer. He could come from anywhere. Or maybe he just really likes red, green and bulls?

As an aside, the bull is also the coat of arms of the Swiss canton of Uri. The capital of Uri is Altdorf. Which just goes to show that GW cannot be accused of originality (see also Marienburg)

Offline Faber

• Mastermind
  • onnivorous painter
Faber, if GW spent more time on Mordheim, they'd be milking it and we'd be on 3rd edition - which would be rubbish - by now  ;)
Why? He wears the livery colours of Hochland yet on his shield is a bull which is often associated with Ostland. This seems appropriate to me. After all, he's a freelancer, a mystery man, a wanderer. He could come from anywhere. Or maybe he just really likes red, green and bulls?

As an aside, the bull is also the coat of arms of the Swiss canton of Uri. The capital of Uri is Altdorf. Which just goes to show that GW cannot be accused of originality (see also Marienburg)

Personally I think that Mordheim is way more funny than WFB. There's plenty of people still playing it...But as always GW policy is to catch the youngest audience and maybe Mordheim isn't the right game...but you are right, they could have destroyed Mordheim too now... It seems we are starting the old discussion about GW  lol
About freelancer livery: right info Citizen :) The Admiral isn't that interested about tough, he just wanted a red and green choice and I suggested the white for bull symbol. Personally, I really like red and green combo, complementary colours always work well togheter :) My marauder dwarfs will be red and green and the freelancer painting just give me the idea  :D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:39:42 PM by Faber »

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
Just for the record: the finished miniatures are featured here:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=39398.0;topicseen