Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:24:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690833
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Tribal Huts for Lost World Scenarios  (Read 2227 times)

Offline wulfgar22

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
Tribal Huts for Lost World Scenarios
« on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:23 AM »
In my ongoing efforts to find ready-made terrain for In Her Majesty's Name and, therefore, avoid having to actually paint or make anything myself, I came across Gale Force 9s Battlefield in a Box range...probably old news on these forums but new to me.

Their Tribal Huts, though supposedly for Fantasy, will be perfect for my planned Darkest Africa/Lost World games!

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
Re: Tribal Huts for Lost World Scenarios
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 02:05:14 AM »
I was aware these huts were out there but never had seen them with minis to add scale. Very impressive, perfect compliments to your most excellent Lost World!

I'm curious about who will be inhabiting these imposing domiciles: Pulp Figures' Lost World & Lost Tribes range immediately comes to mind, or their Melanesian Island Warriors in the Savage Seas: South Pacific Adventures range. Plus the lady on the right, below, left as a tribal sacrifice to the T-rexs, perhaps? The ladies are found in the Weird Menace range.

But there are certainly more choices for your Lost World natives. Keep us informed with your progress!

I freely admit that at my advanced age, whether or not a terrain piece needs painting and/or assembly is the first and most important factor when making a purchase. That makes all the Battlefield-in-a-Box terrain pieces mighty attractive.  :D

You might want to pick up a set of their Rocky Outcrops, shown below, before they go out of print (like so many of their earlier--and very nice--offerings).

I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline Valerik

• Mad Scientist
  • "...promiscuously brandishing a revolver..."
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 03:45:53 AM »
I was aware these huts were out there but never had seen them with minis to add scale. Very impressive, perfect compliments to your most excellent Lost World! 

~

I freely admit that at my advanced age, whether or not a terrain piece needs painting and/or assembly is the first and most important factor when making a purchase. That makes all the Battlefield-in-a-Box terrain pieces mighty attractive. 

You might want to pick up a set of their Rocky Outcrops, shown below, before they go out of print (like so many of their earlier--and very nice--offerings).

Dammit!!

Will you PLEASE stop spending my money!!

I've hefted, weighed, considered, &, reluctantly, re-shelved these at the LGS.

More'n once as a matter of fact.

NOW I gotta re-evaluate my seemingly overhasty hestitaion.

Blessed as I am with a complete lack of post-purchase cognitive dissonance...

Valerik

"Dancin' Truth's gossamer tightrope..."

BGR

"Fart in the devil's face"
Martin Luther

Offline Lawful Evil

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 05:07:06 AM »
Those bestial huts would work double duty as huts of savage, unconquered alien tribes on Mars or any other planet. Pretty sure they are on the shelf at my FLGS... which is neither particularly friendly or local.
Do you suppose the hole in the roof is to allow smoke from fires out?

Offline wulfgar22

• Mad Scientist
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 07:43:17 AM »
I'm curious about who will be inhabiting these imposing domiciles: Pulp Figures' Lost World & Lost Tribes range immediately comes to mind, or their Melanesian Island Warriors in the Savage Seas: South Pacific Adventures range. Plus the lady on the right, below, left as a tribal sacrifice to the T-rexs, perhaps? The ladies are found in the Weird Menace range.

But there are certainly more choices for your Lost World natives. Keep us informed with your progress!

My games are more Victorian era at the moment (though I do have Pulp Alley sitting on a shelf waiting to get used and the Pulp Figures range along with Artizan's Thrilling Tales range regularly call to me!) so I've been picking up a lot of Foundry Darkest Africa and other assorted Victorian Explorer figures. I do have some Pulp Figures Killer Apes, though! I also have a bunch of Lucid Eye Savage Core figures and am very much looking forward to their releasing their Amazons and more apes to go with their Caesar figure!