Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:18:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690916
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 656
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: OSPREY 2015 games listed!  (Read 5793 times)

Offline grendal

• Bookworm
OSPREY 2015 games listed!
« on: March 07, 2015, 03:49:19 PM »
https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/osprey_games_wargames_coming_in_2015/

I posted this item here because I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of system is used in the upcoming Osprey war game "Black Ops"

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
Re: OSPREY 2015 games listed!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 03:53:05 PM »
No, but I want to find out...
So many projects..... so little time.......

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »
Ok, according to the blurb on Amazon:

Black Ops is a skirmish wargame of tactical espionage combat for two or more players. It recreates on the tabletop the tension and excitement of modern action-thrillers such as the Bond and Bourne films, The Unit or Burn Notice TV shows, and the Splinter Cell and Modern Warfare series of video games. The fast-play rules use regular 6-sided dice and a card-driven activation system to keep all players in the thick of the action, while the mission generator provides a wide range of options for scenarios, from stealthy extraction or surveillance missions to more overt raids or assassinations. Stealth, combat and technical expertise all have a role to play, and players may select from a number of different character types - spies, mercenaries, criminals, hackers, special forces and many more - to recruit the best possible team for the job. Players may also choose to join a faction - powerful organizations, intelligence agencies, criminal syndicates, militaries or rebel groups, each with a stake in international affairs. By doing so, their team may receive certain benefits, but may also find itself limited at a crucial time. With the variety offered by the characters, factions and scenarios, no two games of Black Ops should ever be the same! Although the standard Black Ops setting is an ultra-modern world just a hair removed from our own, the rules are versatile and adaptable enough to suit OSS operations behind Nazi lines, Cold War-era infiltration missions in Moscow or Berlin, or sabotage runs against a rival corporation's interests in a cyberpunk dystopia, and the rulebook will include a guide to running games in such settings.

btw, the updated Osprey schedule is here:

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/Osprey_Wargaming_the_Complete_2015_Schedule/

Offline Comsquare

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 04:53:46 PM »
Ok, according to the blurb on Amazon:

btw, the updated Osprey schedule is here:

https://ospreypublishing.com/blog/Osprey_Wargaming_the_Complete_2015_Schedule/

That sound very interesting  :D

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 05:29:06 PM »
Artwork looks more sci-fi than modern ops to me. Looks like it has potential, but will undoubtedly be another Osprey one hit wonder that sees little to no support after the initial release. I'll be interested to see if Northstar does a supporting bundle of figures.

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 05:53:30 PM »
I've enjoyed the osprey offerings of far despite the lack of support once out. Would be interested in this when it comes out. Especially if northstar release a range alongside it. If their are splinter cell and metal gear inspired miniatures I'm in.

Offline marcusluis

• Scientist
    • marcos painting blog
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 06:18:01 PM »
Looks very cyberpunky!!

Offline Dewbakuk

• Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 06:28:29 PM »
The cover looks near future to me, a bit like the new Call of Duty games.

Offline Jiron

• Librarian
    • WASP Club Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »
My own Profile is still pending with Admins, so I am using my brother's profile, sorry

What kind of support you need? To be honest I dont think there is need for any support. I like their approach. They are selling games for gamers and collectors alike, and there are hundred of fancy models for any potential era they mention. From Corvus Belli via HFminis to Warlord Games. So you buy the ruleset and can play immediately. No some fancy deep house heavy rules but streamlined action. I tried and with bro we own three of their games and we especialy enjoy taking out our "shelf-minis" for their finnaly get some love.

I am really looking forward to it. Actualy you can use your old Space Marines models as well ;-)

Cheers Dalcor
http://wargamingasp.blogspot.cz/ - Not entirely serious gaming blog

Offline Carnyx

• Student
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 04:23:39 PM »
Looks interesting, willl have to pick up a copy.  Also interested in the age of sail naval rules also due out this year, Osprey is really going all out with new rules...

Offline Jiron

• Librarian
    • WASP Club Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 04:57:15 PM »
I will definatelly go for Black Ops. I have lots of Infinity models to use in this game. I am actualy very fond of Osprey games as they are easy to learn and funny to play. I don't need any more support then that. :-)

Offline nils

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »
anyone knows the guy who wroth the black ops rules?

Offline Ray Earle

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 06:55:25 PM »
It's the editor of WS&S.

Unless there's another Guy Bowers. I doubt it though.
Ray.

"They say I killed six or seven men for snoring. It ain't true. I only killed one man for snoring."

Offline nils

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »
ah thanke you

Offline Dalcor

• Librarian
    • Wargaming ASP Club
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 11:30:19 AM »
My own Profile is still pending with Admins, so I am using my brother's profile, sorry

What kind of support you need? To be honest I dont think there is need for any support. I like their approach. They are selling games for gamers and collectors alike, and there are hundred of fancy models for any potential era they mention. From Corvus Belli via HFminis to Warlord Games. So you buy the ruleset and can play immediately. No some fancy deep house heavy rules but streamlined action. I tried and with bro we own three of their games and we especialy enjoy taking out our "shelf-minis" for their finnaly get some love.

I am really looking forward to it. Actualy you can use your old Space Marines models as well ;-)

Cheers Dalcor

Finnaly I am here under my own name.