Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:10:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Medieval Mayhem Goes Live - UPDATED 06/05/15  (Read 15199 times)

Offline Lord Blackheart

• Bookworm
Re: Medieval Mayhem Goes Live
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 11:23:50 PM »
Good to see the Stretch goals are reaching the main knights. I hope they can at least get to Lancelot.

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 12:40:54 PM »
Not wanting to hijack the post which let us not forget is about the great new range from Studio,

So you say you've been in contact with the copyright holders of Salute of the Jugger and for now they're not bothered, good for you. If they thought you were going to made shed loads of money from these figures it would be a different story.

They are still clearly the characters from the movie. You've clearly got Rutger there and the bald guy with the plate in his head. The bloke in those goggles is there too. Yes you have changed the costumes a bit but it's clear these aren't original ideas. You have done what many miniature companies do and got yourself 'NOT' movie characters. The only difference is, is that those other companies aren't getting all self righteous and mardy at you for doing it.

Great figures by the way. Great  NOT Salute of the Jugger figures. I would love to see the range expand further.

And trying to keep the thread on track.........

"Morning!"

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 01:59:44 PM »
Speaking as a moderator here, I'm going to ask that all discussion of anything not directly related to the Kickstarter, including IP violation, be taken elsewhere.

While I find discussions of IP and copyright very interesting I think it is largely fruitless when it comes to miniature gaming- I doubt anyone's mind will be changed through this particular discussion, and the rabbit hole is very deep. I can think of at least fifteen companies off the top of my head making figures that should be officially liscensed.

Thank you.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Lord Blackheart

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 01:55:04 AM »

While I find discussions of IP and copyright very interesting I think it is largely fruitless when it comes to miniature gaming- I doubt anyone's mind will be changed through this particular discussion, and the rabbit hole is very deep.

Thank you.

The rabbit at the bottom has great big pointy teeth!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 09:27:04 AM by Lord Blackheart »

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 03:14:20 AM »
I think that it is rather weird that they offer products from another manufacturers (Sally 4th) existing range as add-ons.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Stuart-H

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 10:45:40 AM »
We approached Sally 4th about supplying their great medieval items as we felt they would fit in perfectly with our new range and they were happy to come on board. The price is the same so we are not undercutting them simply offering the chance to buy them at the same time as our minis, have them arrive in the same big box and not pay postage.  :)

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 12:50:08 PM »
Love the figures. I'm tempted to back this one...
Leadhead

Offline Admiral Benbow

• The Queen's Own Gizmologist
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • "Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
    • The Benbow Workshop
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 06:34:18 PM »
Love the figures. I'm tempted to back this one...

You should now. It's a bit stalling now and needs fresh money! We want at least all the knights and their servants!
 ;)

Offline Stuart-H

• Bookworm
Re: Medieval Mayhem Goes Live - UPDATED 06/05/15
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 08:45:17 PM »
Hi Folks,
We now have only a few days left until the end of the campaign and it is now at that exciting "what will happen" stage.
We have unlocked several Stretch Goals already and are only just short of unlocking SEVEN more miniatures at the £12,000 Stretch Goal Level. Hopefully we can unlock those and maybe even more before Sunday night.

We will be attending Carronade in Falkirk (Scotland's second biggest wargames show) this Saturday and will be previewing the kickstarter there just as we did at Salute last month. Let's make another great push and spread the word on Facebook and the forums as we will be doing, remember the more backers, the more we unlock and the more FREEBIES available

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687110463/medieval-mayhem-28mm-knights-versus-zombies-miniat