Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690847
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Medieval Mayhem Goes Live - UPDATED 06/05/15  (Read 15198 times)

Offline Stuart-H

• Bookworm
Medieval Mayhem Goes Live - UPDATED 06/05/15
« on: April 10, 2015, 07:16:55 PM »
Medieval Mayhem is Now LIVE on Kickstarter!

The next expansion set for Z-Clipz  has launched, click the link below to JOIN!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687110463/medieval-mayhem-28mm-knights-versus-zombies-miniat

"ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A KINGDOM RULED BY A WISE AND POWERFUL KING...well actually it was run by a large uncaring corporation, filled with children celebrating birthdays, adults just trying not to go crazy and staffed by slackers, stoners and students!
Medieval World Funfair and Theme Park to give it is full name was regarded by it's employees as the worst place in the world to work BUT that was before the Zombie Apocalypse!!!
Our aim is to release a new expansion range for our popular Z-Clipz zombie range with four new Survivors then add to this first wave with further Stretch Goals and Free Miniatures along with Downloadable Colour Artwork and Resin Scenery/Terrain Items. Although most of the new miniatures are medieval themed they are still fully compatible with our existing modern zombies and survivors, so even if you want to mix them together for some modern madness or fight it out old school, either way you are going to love....Medieval Mayhem!
So don your helmet, take up your sword and mount thy trusty steed....it's time to get Medieval on their asses!!!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:44:07 PM by Stuart-H »

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
Re: Medieval Mayhem Goes Live
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 11:22:09 PM »
Went for the soldiers pledge to start with.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:23:47 PM by zizi666 »
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »
Inspired by jbemmett's Monty Python posts I hope to do a saga army with the figs

Offline redeaston

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 08:51:41 PM »
Just went in for soldier as well. Might up it depending on how things go.

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 10:30:46 AM »
They are hardly the only miniatures company to produce 'not' or 'influence by' figures, in fact they are not even the only company to produce holy grail influenced figures. Given how widespread this practice is it seem rather churlish to single out this project.

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 01:15:02 AM »
I'm backing this one :)

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 12:24:04 PM »
There's no reason to cast aspersions on Studio Minis. They are a well established company with a good reputation. I will not argue about whether they should pay royalties on the IP, since they almost certainly should, but 'not/inspired by/influence by' figures are a widespread practice in our hobby, case in point:

http://www.magistermilitum.com/manufacturer/lead-adventure-miniatures/pa10-expedition-to-mutant-land-x6.html

The economic reality is that this high cost, small volume industry and adding the cost of licence fees would make most ranges uneconomic. So, by and large, we have accepted (turned a blind eye to?) such figures to the point where they are now pervasive and most manufactures have, or currently produce, such figures.

So, for the same reason I have bought 'not' Tintin figures from cooplestone, 'not' good, bad and ugly figures from Artizan, a 'not' Sgt Striker from TAG, and 'not' Alien figures from Khurasan I am prepared to back this project. If the project doesn't reach the £20k add-on goal I will also be buying 'not' Knights of Ni from Sgt Major Miniatures.

Offline Lord Blackheart

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 04:32:07 AM »
Can you imagine a world without lawyers.

Technically Arthurian Legend is public domain. Any resemblance to persons living/dead/fictional is purely coincidental.
So I'm backing this

Ni!

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 07:46:56 AM »
Getting more like TMP and Frothers on the forum lately with all the angst ;D

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 11:39:43 AM »
My intention has not been to justify the legality of what Studio miniatures and others are doing, merely to suggest that in the absence of any actual legal determination attacks on the character of studio miniature owners, and now fellow LAF members, for something that is so pervasive in our hobby is over the top and uncalled for.

Offline Huascar

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 12:12:07 PM »
Umm...yes actually, it called innocent until proven guiltly. It's a somewhat important legal principle.

Offline harleyface

• Scientist
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 12:28:35 PM »
Hello
Its difficult to write in english for me so please dont misunderstand me.
Miniature gaming and movie ip fits great together.
problem is the licensing nowadays
a ip should be protected but big brands like 20th century dont understand our hobby.
if half of that what prodos says regarding avp is true we would get minis with a big tm on the back..wtf
everything has to be approved...
most mini producers have not the manpower or money to do that.
back in the good times it workt well
alien star wars terminator...
But those times are gone..
Dont know a solution...but not minis are a great way to have some great minis on the table but i also would like to respect those ip....
Would pay a lot for a licensed indy set...but with disney in the back we will only see some ffg plastic minis.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:31:29 PM by harleyface »

Cultist#83

Offline Freelancer

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »
Wow, how thin is the atmosphere up there on that high horse?

Offline psyberwyche

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
This issue comes up time and time again, and always degenerates into an argument between two camps - those who can deal with potential IP theft, and those who don't like it one bit. Scurv has a point, though he's perhaps making it a bit forcefully for LAF.

One of the problems is that the people who *are* okay with 'not...' figures often try to make excuses, argue justifications, claim that there's not foul, etc, etc. Actually, I've bought a fair few of these types of models myself, but I'd never try to deny them being a rip off of other people's IP. Call a spade a spade, I say.

These Python figures are so close that it goes beyond the homage figures offered by companies like Crooked Dice. Even the colours and iconography on the shields is exact; the coconuts; the goat-horned enchanter who is 'not' Tim... I really want these models, and I may well buy them, but pretending that they aren't in breach of any copyright is disingenuous at best.

Actually, it's a niche IP, and a very niche hobby, so they're unlikely to come a cropper. There are worse culprits in the market.

On the other hand, niche licences aren't as expensive as you might think, especially factoring in the extra profits you'd make from the 'official' tag. GW did it with LOTR (very expensive admittedly), but now lots of companies are joining the licensing game: Knight Models with Marvel and DC figures, Warlord with 2000AD and Terminator Genysis, Prodos with AVP... it's doable, and it's more honest. I put this point to a very respectable games guru once (who shall remain here unnamed), and he said "They should jolly well pay their dues and get a licence, or else they should shove off and design something of their own to sell".

He probably has a point, you know.

Offline Captain Gamma

• Mad Scientist
    • https://killerbgames.co.uk/
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2015, 05:10:44 PM »
So Scurv you've made it clear you object to I.P. infringement but what about your Salute of the Jugger figures? You even admitted at the time:

"Nic does not do 'not' stuff for his own personal reasons. It got me thinking and I figured (for better or worse, but I think better) I could take the jugger idea and work it into a game that was not just a copy of salute of the jugger. That being said the design asthetic in jugger was used and it would be a lie to say it wasn't. There was also some die antwoord thrown in some how to draw the marvel way by stan lee and a 360o game called brink also lent its influence to the sculpts. Mash em all together and you get my future sports players. The rules are panning out really well and I really think from a gamers point of view in both play and the look of your game pitch you will have something a bit different to what you have seen before.

The game is 5 a side. If this set sells then it funds a new team. After that I plough the money into another sculpt. Its zero profit operation (in fact it costs me a few hundred even if all the figs sell) but I get to get figs made and if you like em you get em too.

So thats why there is no dog skull or biffy sticks to be seen.

That being said they would make great proxie dreadball players from the outer rim.  Wink Laugh" 

You can see from the photo they are clearly characters from the movie.
"Morning!"