Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:00:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691078
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 764
Total: 768

Recent

Author Topic: Perry British Colonial Plastics  (Read 12567 times)

Offline Anna Elizabeth

• Scientist
Re: Perry British Colonial Plastics
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2015, 09:46:30 PM »
So exciting! :) I already have quite a few of Perry's metal British for the Sudan, but these sets will make it easier to expand my foot brigades.

I guess I should concentrate on specialty troops and artillery in metals until the plastics are released. :)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »
So exciting! :) I already have quite a few of Perry's metal British for the Sudan, but these sets will make it easier to expand my foot brigades.

I guess I should concentrate on specialty troops and artillery in metals until the plastics are released. :)

I'm guessing that the Scotish regiments won't be covered so you might be OK there. i'm really interested in whether they will do the NWF or the Sudan first. I think that whatever they do it will follow on from the French HYW box set as it's the 600th Anniversary of Agincourt on October 25th this year.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that the first of the Colonial boxed sets (the Mahdists excluded naturally) will be for the Sudan as the metal range already exists.

I'm hoping that they expand the metals too so that we may have hospital corp etc appearing. More metal speciality packs would be brilliant to see  8).

Darrell.

Offline Anna Elizabeth

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 07:09:39 PM »
Those are good thoughts. Yes, I'd agree we probably wont see plastic Highlanders, and almost certainly not Naval Brigade either, so those and the artillery are safe purchases. :)

I plan on buying all the plastics they do, I want my collection to be flexible for all theatres, and I'll certainly play my Empress Redcoats in the Sudan and NWF too.

And oh - HYW French - must resistm Anna, must resist....  :D

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 07:13:56 PM »
Those are good thoughts. Yes, I'd agree we probably wont see plastic Highlanders, and almost certainly not Naval Brigade either, so those and the artillery are safe purchases. :)

I plan on buying all the plastics they do, I want my collection to be flexible for all theatres, and I'll certainly play my Empress Redcoats in the Sudan and NWF too.

Yeah, you make some very valid points Anna  :)

And oh - HYW French - must resistm Anna, must resist....  :D

Now, that's just crazy talk  ;) :)

Think of the possibilities!!  :D

Darrell,

Offline Anna Elizabeth

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2015, 07:51:56 PM »
LOL, I already have Perry's Jeanne D'Arc set, and mounted French Command at Agincourt, so it's beyond a lost cause to resist. :)

I'd love now to see Perry or Empress do more sets like Household Cavalry for Tel el-Kebir and such. With plastics on the way, I'd think they'll drive sales enough to expand the Colonial metals.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2015, 08:09:10 PM »
To be honest I suspect there are as many collectors and painters of Perry figures as there are gamers, so to a certain degree it probably wouldn't matter much whatever they decided to produce, there would be a market.

Whilst it's reasonably true of the Zulu War and the latter campaigns in the Sudan these figures are usable, in fact designed for other conflicts as well, some of which feature sizeable battles with sizeable British forces.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »
LOL, I already have Perry's Jeanne D'Arc set, and mounted French Command at Agincourt, so it's beyond a lost cause to resist. :)

A mere flesh wound   lol

I'd love now to see Perry or Empress do more sets like Household Cavalry for Tel el-Kebir and such. With plastics on the way, I'd think they'll drive sales enough to expand the Colonial metals.

I'd actually not given any thought to that but British Cavalry plastics may be a possibility for the Sudan...... if Napoleonics are possible in various styles/timescales..... then why not? We'll have to hang on and see  :)

Darrell.

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 08:11:07 AM »
i'm really interested in whether they will do the NWF or the Sudan first. I think that whatever they do it will follow on from the French HYW box set as it's the 600th Anniversary of Agincourt on October 25th this year.

I thought the British for the NWF and Sudan where the same box set with the other set being for the Zulu/Boer War period?

According to a post on another forum, it seems Alan said they have not yet decided which will release first between the HYW or Colonial sets.

Steve

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2015, 09:25:35 AM »
I thought the British for the NWF and Sudan where the same box set with the other set being for the Zulu/Boer War period?

That's not what Michael said to me  :) Seperate boxes  for the Sudan and the NWF.

According to a post on another forum, it seems Alan said they have not yet decided which will release first between the HYW or Colonial sets.

Steve

With the 600th anniversary of Agincourt being on October 25th this year i reckon that we'll be seeing the Freench around about that time(?). Just conjecture.....

Darrell.

Offline RedRowan

• Scientist
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2015, 10:56:41 AM »
That's not what Michael said to me  :) Seperate boxes  for the Sudan and the NWF.

I was only guessing from how the greens where labeled in the images as I was not actually at the show myself. Although I like the colonial period I do not know much about the uniforms and how they varied. Very interested indeed now to see what they do given what you have heard from Michael himself, thanks for the info.

Although I would like to see one of the Colonial sets release first I also suspect the anniversary will influence the release schedule, would be silly not to really.

Steve

Offline Anna Elizabeth

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 12:43:26 PM »
I agree that we will almost certainly see the HYW set first, and it's all good for me. :) I want at least 2 boxes each of the Colonials, though.

Offline Big Martin Back

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 01:37:37 PM »
More interested in the later colonials fttb. Something with a bit more "sticking power" to back up my Egyptians when the Dervishes attack.
We did have a lot of Zulu war period British figures between us - although some of those with larger collections have left our area, so I might get some of them at a future date.
Tutenes, Atque Cujus Exercitus?

Offline Anna Elizabeth

• Scientist
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 02:09:09 PM »
One of the things I'm interested in is making more of the battalions I'm interested in, 60th Rifles/KRRC in green (I'm W-I-P in grey serge now) the Guards, Royal Marines in blue (again, I'm W-I-P in grey), and I'm sure I'll think of more.

I wonder if the Perry's would consider separate heads in Home Service headgear?

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 02:13:06 PM »
One of the things I'm interested in is making more of the battalions I'm interested in, 60th Rifles/KRRC in green (I'm W-I-P in grey serge now) the Guards, Royal Marines in blue (again, I'm W-I-P in grey), and I'm sure I'll think of more.

I wonder if the Perry's would consider separate heads in Home Service headgear?

When they do the plastics they may well do some seperate heads- seems to be the general pattern of things. why not drop them a line?

Darrell.

Offline Anna Elizabeth

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 02:44:48 PM »
I will, thanx. It can't hurt, huh? :)