Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:45:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Gaming scene in Denmark  (Read 6510 times)

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
Gaming scene in Denmark
« on: May 22, 2015, 06:37:04 PM »
I'm seriously considering accepting an employment in Denmark (Southern Denmark).
Among many other things, I'm wondering how the game scene is there.
I'm aware we have several LAF member in DK, any advice, suggestion or clue will be more than appreciated

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
Re: Gaming scene in Denmark
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 08:29:34 AM »
There are clubs in the bigger town/cities, often centered on a gaming store, but others have their own clubhouses. I'm part of a loose group that meet up at each other's homes as and when to roll dice. There's the usual spread of popular game systems, as well as historical gaming going on with a couple of medium sized conventions, such as Horizont run by the arch villain Dr The Viking and his minions.

Dijt will be able to give you a better steer on things down South though  ;)

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 10:42:59 AM »
Thank you Janner! There is a LAF DK subforum? who I have to ask to be acces it?

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 05:36:03 PM »
Said evil arch villain is rumoured to be behind it - I fear is may form some part of his plan for world domination  :o

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 07:39:06 PM »
There are clubs in the bigger town/cities, often centered on a gaming store, but others have their own clubhouses. I'm part of a loose group that meet up at each other's homes as and when to roll dice. There's the usual spread of popular game systems, as well as historical gaming going on with a couple of medium sized conventions, such as Horizont run by the arch villain Dr The Viking and his minions.

Dijt will be able to give you a better steer on things down South though  ;)

Pretty much as the good Janner has said. Dr the Viking, aka Thorbjørn, is one of the key figures over here. If you land on the east coast of southern jutland, especially Vejle, then we have a little group here. Over on the west coast, in Esbjerg, theres a much larger group called Lords Assembly, and Spicker is the guy to contact over there. Further south, as far as im aware its a deadland until you hit Kiel in Germany where all sorts of great Lafers live.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 08:35:55 PM »
What Dijit and Janner said.

If you want to play warhammer or 40k you can find opponents more or less everywhere. If you want anything other than that it starts to get tricky. But there are a few of us out there.

Where in Denmark would you be going?

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 10:48:54 PM »
Not sure where exactly (yet), but for sure will be in the area between Kolding-Vejle-Horsens.
Good to know there is warhammer and w40k activity, since I was wondering what to do with my armies, if put them in the depot or bring them with me.
It should be around 10 years from my last w40k game
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:51:43 PM by Donpimpom »

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 07:51:09 AM »
Theres a warhammer/40k club in vejle, but tbh they're a little socially inept (ops did I say that aloud?). I think theres a decent warhammer/40k group in horsens and in kolding theres a group based around a shop called Good Games. If you're after more alternative games there are a few that play FoW and a few that play Infinity (me being one of them). True Laf like gamers in the 'trekant område' of vejle-fredericia-kolding consist of Torben (pheonikuz) and myself :/ so reinforcements are very welcome! If you land in horsens then youre not too far away from Århus where theres more options, including several more of our lafers.

Offline Donpimpom

• Mad Scientist
    • Tabletop Fantasy
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 01:17:28 PM »
Thats sounds great! I'm more in the " alternative games" profile, despite I have GW armies and have been playing GW for years.
Instead to update my rules and armies to modern editions I prefer to invest my time testing new systems and settings. I have a crush for anything pulp, retro scifi or victorian.
I have seen the english level of danes is awesome, despite this, in the long term, learning danish is also in my agenda, I think it should help also to integrate in the local gaming.

Offline janner

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Laughing Cavalier
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 02:00:46 PM »
The state will provide up to three years of free language tuition to foreigners granted residence (EU is automatic).

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 09:49:05 PM »
The state will provide up to three years of free language tuition to foreigners granted residence (EU is automatic).
Plus theres a few englishmen here in Denmark too to teach the uncivilised danes some manners ;) Also at many of our larger gatherings youll often find a few friendly german guys, so english is often spoken for ease of all.

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 09:52:59 PM »
Im in Aarhus, but have to admit I struggle to get "laf"-esque games in - I only seem to meet Fantasy/40k, warmachine or Malifaux players. Supposedly some people play FoW as well, though I havent really investigated that.

I am vaguely trying to drum up some interest in Open Combat and/or Song of Blades and Heroes by bringing my demo-set around with me when the opportunity arises, but so far, those opportunities have been sort of rare.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:55:49 PM by affun »

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 09:33:03 AM »
Im in Aarhus, but have to admit I struggle to get "laf"-esque games in - I only seem to meet Fantasy/40k, warmachine or Malifaux players. Supposedly some people play FoW as well, though I havent really investigated that.

I am vaguely trying to drum up some interest in Open Combat and/or Song of Blades and Heroes by bringing my demo-set around with me when the opportunity arises, but so far, those opportunities have been sort of rare.

We might have to try and get a LAFesque day up and running an odd Saturday once in a while. I have space here in Vejle - living above a church means there's easy access to meeting rooms here ;)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 01:19:09 PM »
We might have to try and get a LAFesque day up and running an odd Saturday once in a while. I have space here in Vejle - living above a church means there's easy access to meeting rooms here ;)

Go for it!

That's what we need. An occasional meet up.
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline affun

• Mad Scientist
    • North of Nowhere [Under construction]
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 01:26:42 PM »

Yesss! I'd be very interested in doing a thing like that. By now, I have enough stuff painted and modelled to present most of the games I like playing. :)