Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:24:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Poll

?

Pulp Girl and The Jade Skull (Dr Mathias)
Supers (Steam Flunky)

Author Topic: ROUND 8 Pulp Girl and The Jade Skull vs Supers  (Read 11638 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: ROUND 8 Pulp Girl and The Jade Skull vs Supers
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2015, 03:10:30 PM »
Gourds are the answer  ;)

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 08:03:54 AM »
They are both excellent. Who makes the supers?
Hi Elk101, the supers are all plastic Heroquest miniatures that i bought cheap on ebay. I cannot remember the names of most of them as i only know the names of the more well known comic heroes.
I chose all of these figures as they fitted in with a pulp 1930s/40s skirmish project i am working on where french and german superheroes and special military units are spying on each other and fighting a secret war leading up to WW2. I decided to follow a colour scheme with blue for the french heroes and red for the germans.
Some of the figures are closer to 32mm than 28mm but as they are heroes it does not bother me too much.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:05:26 AM by Steam Flunky »
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 08:15:31 AM »
Have not been on LAF LPL for a few days and just realised that the Dr is really beating me to pulp here!!  (get it?!? pulp!  lol)
As the timeline fits with Pulp Girl and 1930s superheroes, i will have to arrange a game with the Dr sometime where my supers knock the crap out of her and eat her bats for breakfast. :D
SoBaH variant "Flying Lead" would be suitable.

Seriously though, as i am in Germany and the Dr in Kansas we would have to try something new. 2 identical tables in USA and Europe playing with a webcam connection. We would have to be real relaxed and trusting about measuring distances etc and keep the game real simple but it would be fun to try out.
Has this been done before? I know its not new for boardgames like chess where its works well with movement squares but for a tabletop wargame its more difficult.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:26:39 AM by Steam Flunky »

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 11:41:29 AM »
Hi Elk101, the supers are all plastic Heroquest miniatures that i bought cheap on ebay. I cannot remember the names of most of them as i only know the names of the more well known comic heroes.
I chose all of these figures as they fitted in with a pulp 1930s/40s skirmish project i am working on where french and german superheroes and special military units are spying on each other and fighting a secret war leading up to WW2. I decided to follow a colour scheme with blue for the french heroes and red for the germans.
Some of the figures are closer to 32mm than 28mm but as they are heroes it does not bother me too much.

Thanks!  I'd taken a guess that they were Heroclix after looking at your main thread but initially didn't realise. That's a testament to your painting skills!

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 06:23:12 PM »
Seriously though, as i am in Germany and the Dr in Kansas we would have to try something new. 2 identical tables in USA and Europe playing with a webcam connection. We would have to be real relaxed and trusting about measuring distances etc and keep the game real simple but it would be fun to try out.
Has this been done before? I know its not new for boardgames like chess where its works well with movement squares but for a tabletop wargame its more difficult.

Sounds interesting, mirroring a small table might be a fun challenge :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline S44lade

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 10:31:31 PM »
Where's the chap with the Maltese Falcon from?

A Grenadier figure from way back, I have one I used for a Call of Cthulhu campaign once upon a time....    ....they all went quite mad of course.....