Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Walking Dead: Rick Grimes  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
The Walking Dead: Rick Grimes
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:02:31 PM »

So as not to clutter up my other threads with zombie related goodness and as I picked up a few of Studio Miniature's new Walking Dead models I thought I'd chuck them up here for y'all folks to oggle.

Early days yet, but I could do with some character models for my zombie games rather than just using my other post-apocalyptic models. So here's where I am with the models that I nabbed.

I really dislike their Rick Grimes model. He looks way too gaunt and his hair is receding too much. So... well I gave him his iconic jacket and puffed up his hair a little. I'm not entirely sure on the pose, as in whether to swap out his right hand for say and axe or something. I'd point out that I'm basing these models off of the Tv Series rather than comics (thus why Rick has two hands).

Aye he's meant to be wearing a tshirt rather than a regular shirt, but I wasn't going to spend all day chipping away at the pewter. Speaking of spending all day chipping away at pewter...

Aye the Governor model's also by Studio Miniatures, though not from their Z-Clipz Kickstarter. The original's perfectly good, even if the gun's a bit weird looking, but well as I'm going for the show I had to mess about with him a little (and I prefer the Tv character over the comic by a mile).

I swapped out the arms and gave him a new head so that he looks more like the above image a bit. Simple enough, though it took forever to get rid of the arm that was holding his rifle.

There's where I'm at right now with these models (I've not spent very long on them, just as I listened to a podcast last night). There's Carl, Glenn and Maggie there too, plus their zombie versions, though I still haven't completely decided what to do with them. I don't like Glenn's pose much, so he'll probably have a bit of work done too (even if it'll take forever to chip away the pewter). Having Carl and Rick together might not much sense either as I've given Rick his jacket, but they gave Carl the same one, and like hell I'm going to be bother cutting that thing off.

...Saying that, I wonder if I could make my own Carl out of the boy that comes with the Wargames Factory Survivors sprues, possibly when he was a bit old (because younger Carl can go die in a well).

Anyway, there's just another reason why I'm not working on some Fallout terrain piece or other (I have no idea what I said I'd be working on this week in the other thread. I think I've given up with obligating at this point). :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:25:48 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Walking Dead: ...Heading Northwest ...I guess?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:25:28 PM »
I powered through and managed to paint Rick tonight (ah, I was painting other crap too, it didn't take me five hours just for one model ...Ok I was playing the Witcher for like three hours).

Good? Bad? Meh? Leave now I never want to see you again?

Here's the original just in case I haven't complained enough about the hair. Not sure if I'll bother with the zombie version. =P

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
Re: The Walking Dead: Rick Grimes
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:53:37 PM »
Did Studio Miniatures send this out to you?  I have still not received anything from this kickstarter and their website seems to have not been working for some time...

Any information?

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: The Walking Dead: Rick Grimes
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:22 PM »
Reasons to avoid Kickstarters. Though saying that without a Kickstarter I wouldn't have this model. =/

Nah I bought him at a show last month. None of their Walking Dead stuff's on their site, but they said it should be available for retail soon. I presume then that they're selling stock at shows before that. However as with Kickstarter I suppose there's always delays.

I know the guys running that thing have an account on this site somewhere, as they've posted about that Kickstarter and their newer one here. However I'd contact them through their Facebook page and also find a customer service email (plus the Kickstarter one). Tell them about your situation, ask for an update on where your stuff is, and if its been forever say that maybe the solution is to send out a new set. They're retailing this stuff soon, so they must have the stock there and the infrastructure to send out new orders, so sending out another set to you doesn't seem like a massive drain on their resources (and its not like resin costs much, nor is the PR backlash worth it).

However, aye like I said, Kickstarters seem to be hellish for this sort of thing. IIRC someone elsewhere said they only just received their models from that thing a few weeks ago. Despite that I'd still contact Studio Miniatures to confirm where your order is and see about sending out another one (but seriously, unless you ordered a crate, the loss of revenue isn't that much).