Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Kings of War 2nd ed. rules comes July 10th  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Harrower

• Student
Kings of War 2nd ed. rules comes July 10th
« on: July 04, 2015, 08:50:20 PM »
The free downloadable version of the second edition Kings of War rules will hit the Mantic website on July 10th.

http://manticblog.com/2015/07/03/try-kings-of-war-for-free/
As I hope you know Mantic has been giving away the basic rule set for FREE since the game first came out, and this edition is no different.

However, this time these are going out BEFORE the launch – because we are so confident that if you like mass battle games you’ll love these rules (and for some reason there has been a lot of next requests in the last few days).

Who else is stoked?

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
Re: Kings of War 2nd ed. rules comes July 10th
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 10:02:23 PM »
Not stoked, but interested. :) From what I've heard, character roles won't be expanded from 1st ed, which I would've liked. But if this helps boost KoW towards the new primary reference point for big fantasy battles, that's a situation I could certainly live with.

Offline Testudo Maximus

• Assistant
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 07:23:02 AM »
We played a great game of KoW  only last week . Unusually small for us at 2000 pts as we had a new player in our midst but the new units i added to my Undead from the BETA list made a huge difference to the army and im now able to add a few more surprises .
I am very much looking forward to the new book when it is released . cheers Tom

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 10:32:47 AM »
Really looking forward to having these. But even more for the big printed rulebook in August :)

Offline Maccwar

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 06:09:09 PM »
I've been playing the beta rules as they have been developing and I'm really looking forward to introducing the game to a load of new players once the PDFs have been released.

Also it is not long to wait now before I get my rewards from the KoW v2 Kickstarter.

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 10:15:12 PM »
I'm looking forward to it. I thought KoW 1st edition was a good game but it wasis sing a but if flavour for a fantasy game. It seems like the kickstarter went some way to address this. Will be nice to be able to use my large Warhammer collections in a mass battle game again!

Offline Thew1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 10:35:49 PM »
I haven't tried kings of war before. How does it play? I have a reasonably sized force of 90s era citadel high elves I am slowly painting up and games workshop appear to have just trashed whfb so don't think I'll be looking that way anytime soon. Will continue to play previous editions but think this might be worth a look. Consider my interest piqued.

Offline Neldoreth

• Mastermind
    • An Hour of Wolves and Shattered Shields
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 11:22:01 PM »
I haven't tried kings of war before. How does it play? I have a reasonably sized force of 90s era citadel high elves I am slowly painting up and games workshop appear to have just trashed whfb so don't think I'll be looking that way anytime soon. Will continue to play previous editions but think this might be worth a look. Consider my interest piqued.

Imagine Warhammer without all of the needlessly fiddly rules :)

Seriously, I feel it has all the tactical depth of Warhammer, but without the expansive fiddly rules. It streamlines the concepts of Warhammer very nicely. It was written by Alessio Cavatore, who I am sure was eager to re-implement Warhammer into a modern and playable game!

Thanks
n

Offline Thew1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Librarian
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 09:47:42 AM »
Cheers Neldoreth. Think I'll give this a go then. The army lists and rules being available free online is another plus. Thanks for the reccomendation.