Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:10:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690833
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] BY CROM! Conan Rise of Monsters is now Live!  (Read 3096 times)

Offline PulposaurusJohn

• Student
Our kickstarter just launched go check it out, a ton of information and stretch goals!

Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2060871444/conan-rise-of-monsters/comments

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/conanminiatures?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:32:47 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: BY CROM! Conan Rise of Monsters Kickstarter is now Live!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 03:43:26 PM »
So wait...no possibility to pledge only for the unpainted addons? Shame. I'll wait until it hits the stores then.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Braxandur

• Mastermind
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 03:50:30 PM »
I backed it at the $150 early bird unpainted level, but don't be surprised if I back out later on as I'm not impressed with either the contents, the pre-painted quality or the stretch goals.

I wish you good luck with this enterprise though and hope that your campaign will go strong and end up with a set I see a worthwile investment.
Why aim for gold if you can get lead?

Offline gmanrocks

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 04:02:46 PM »
Lovely artwork and nice minis! $25 for a single mini add on?...Ouch!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 04:19:32 PM by gmanrocks »

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 04:15:14 PM »
I like the bigger add-ons ( monsters ) but I don't want to have to strip them first on order to get their mouldlines removed and then painted. The basic starters so far don't do it for me and the 35 dollar cost for 5 identical 28mm "henchmen" is a bit steep.
I wish you all the luck with this KS but I think you have to rethink the pre-paint strategy, aswell as the contents of the add-on boxes...  ;)
Leadhead

Offline Arthadan

• Scientist
    • Forge of Doom Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 07:59:34 PM »
Not my cup of tea. I think the time for single-posed miniatures unit is long gone plus not a fan of pre-paints.

Offline Devoted of Slaanesh

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 11:03:32 PM »
Odd prices and pledges. Would like probably few of the monsters to paint, but no see option for that so far. Shipping is a bit steep as well and don't know if it will be EU friendly.
Good luck to all creators and backers.

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 05:03:18 AM »
Nearly a million dollars just to get an archer mini in a slightly different pose. Blimey.

The human do look decent though, but you've lost me on my own personal hangup: giant reptilian monsters. I could do a lot of rantin' about that giant snake, but I'll say it looks like a Trish Carden sculpt. (I could bang on about that too, suffice to say it's Not A Good Thing) And from the detail of the first small pics, I thought it was - at most - a third of the size it ended up as in the Conan comparison pic.

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 08:45:09 AM »
Hmm I'm tempted to pledge for the unpainted earlybirds but that's 30 minis for $150, plus $60 shipping which would then change to $300nzd. Okay I'll pass but best of luck. I'd be tempted to just get the oli pant though if there was a separate level just for buying add ons.

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 01:24:57 PM »
They are a bit over 25% of the 250K now. Ok, they have to compete with Monolith's Conan, Bones, Zombicide ( and a few other miniature boardgame KS's ), but I don't see them fully funded after this weekend. Does that matter? Yes, because there won't be any rewards soon, so early backers will drop out and so will make more backers rethink their investment etc. etc.
Might make them rethink their strategy, because the pre-paints - at the moment - don't look like they justify their prices.
Maybe their intended target are Mage Knight, Star Wars and Heroclix customers, but I'm pretty sure most miniature wargamers want more and different miniatures for their bucks, not a few units of single pose prepaints  :?.
We'll see...

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 06:51:05 PM »
They listened to the complaints. Strech Goals are free now, including the big monsters. Suddenly it might be interesting for me to back this one  :D.

Offline PulposaurusJohn

• Student
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »
Hi guys! My name is John and i work with Pulposaurus on CROM! I’m here with a few answers to questions and to answer any future questions you have. The major thing is we just had an update to our kickstarter that changed our stretch goals i highly suggest you go check them out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2060871444/conan-rise-of-monsters/updates

We also have a quick demo of how the mechanics of the game work from Gencon posted on the campaign section of the kickstarter right before the pledge levels.

Our updated Kickstarter has been carefully thought out and numbers crunched so that we can give out better rewards for our backers.

International and EU shipping, shipping in general we are still working on getting more information for. Currently i was informed that VAT will depend on the country you are in. Sorry i dont have more information on that front.

There will be NO mark up in retail stores. The prices you see on the kickstarter are the prices we will be listing on our website and your friendly local store.

The style of the game has officially been passed down to me as a ‘Skirmish’ game that has the option to scale up to a large combat game. More information to expand on this will be coming up soon.

Keep the comments coming, we all really appreciate the support! If you like the new changes please share the kickstarter page with your friends and get the word out!

-Pulpasourus John

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: [KICKSTARTER] BY CROM! Conan Rise of Monsters is now Live!
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 09:34:45 PM »
There already is a topic on this Kickstarter campaign:

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=76796.0

Only one topic per crowdfunding project, please. This thread is hereby locked.