Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:11:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Secret Weapon special offer review - bases and scenery bits  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Secret Weapon special offer review - bases and scenery bits
« on: August 17, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »
This began with the Wargame news and terrain blog, this entry in particular:
http://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/2015/07/secret-weapon-miniatures-limited-secret.html

Secret Weapon Miniatures http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/ recently offered their 'Bag O' Crap', something which is apparently done regularly. The idea is to sell off at a low price bases and other items which have some cosmetic damage. I bit and tried this out, and here is what I got for 40$:

This includes 49 bases of different sizes, as well as some scenery bits and a tank turret. There are also 3 base size conversion ring halves which are just out of the image to right. The offer blurb claims this lot is worth around 300$, and I am ready to bet it could be more! Even the shipping - usually high for U.S. - Malta - was well-priced.

However, it's not just the huge bag of stuff which struck me. The quality of almost all the parts is very reasonable or better: many can be used as is, and almost all the others can be set right with a quick dab of filler. The monolith at the back, right,  has one distorted face, but I think it can be fixed, and if not, it can be considered skewed by the warp or something   :D

Secret Weapon seem to me to take quality very seriously indeed if they consider a bubble in the bottom side of a base as something which makes said base less than commercial quality, and their regular products must be impeccable. The bases are also quite attractive, so hats off to them - and thanks to Belgian for the tip from the Wargames News and Terrain blog!  8) 8) 8)

Some more pics of the bases:

Offline Belgian

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Wargame News and Terrain
Re: Secret Weapon special offer review - bases and scenery bits
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 07:18:16 PM »
Thanks, I barely managed to resist buying one myself! Looks like you get great value for your money!  ;D
Wargame News and Terrain Blog, daily updated with the latest wargame news

Interested click https://wargameterrain.blogspot.com/

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Re: Secret Weapon special offer review - bases and scenery bits
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 07:28:02 PM »
Thanks, I barely managed to resist buying one myself! Looks like you get great value for your money!  ;D
Definitely! I'll be on the lookout for another such offer.