Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:58:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Playtest of 7TV second ed rules!!!  (Read 1005 times)

Online Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
Playtest of 7TV second ed rules!!!
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:54:44 AM »
Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so no pictures but will give my thoughts and feedback on the game here.

Last night, me and my mate Matt were given the opportunity to play 7TV 2nd edition, we had not played 1st ed either so a brand new experience. It was kindly put together by Morgan, a new member to our club but he's been deeply involved with 1st ed in the past and have ran it on Salute etc, although he hasn't tried the new rules either so agreed to referee and do the rulesflicking  lol.

My cast was "The Welsh Connection" ( pic here: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=81349.0) and my opponent played "The Children of the Dragon" (led by not-Sigourney Ghostbusters, a shotgun toting farmerlady, some fanatic cultists and a couple of animated scarecrows!!). It was truly a blast from start to finish.

The first couple of turns were spent moving into position, but then the lead and punches started to fly, Rhys the copper was assailed from all sides by not-Sigourney (Sinister Mystic) and some scarecrows that just REFUSED to go down, and towards the end of the game he had received such a battering that he went down and was dragged off into the woods by a scarecrow as a prisoner for some Unspeakable Purpose!!! In the meantime Griffith the action man opened up a whole can of knucklesandwich and in short succession beat the crap out of the Cultist Leader, fancy footworked karatekicked another cultist (dog handler) into submission AND his aggressive German shepherd, and the Army Corporal turned out to be a bullseyed marksman as he in quick succession took out both the shotgun toting farmlady (Co-star, already wounded mind) and a scarecrow, all in the same turn!!!

We didn't manage to finish the game (a couple of Finale cards left when we had to pack up) but a Pyrrhic victory to the Welsh Connection, 6 VP's to 5 for the Children of the Dragon, so a very close call!!!

I enjoyed the game immensely and all had fun and a laugh with it. Although, being the first game it was a lot to remember, the cards, the special abilities, the Gadgets so we had a couple of 'retcons' where a logic would dictate that you certainly would have played card X or used ability Y, but think the next one will be a lot easier to handle.

All things considered, the game flowed pretty well and we didn't get bogged down by any long rules discussion, because the ones cropping up were fairly clearly stated in the rules, rarely that you had to 'fudge' the decision, but we do that ANYWAYS in the games and usually come to a mutual agreement quickly.

The only thing I can think of cropping up, and I haven't looked at the Crooked Dice Forum I admit, was the Spy ability.

Basically you can place the mini up to 12" away at the start of the game from a friendly model. No problems with that, it's the next bit we had a little discussion about, it doesn't say ANYTHING about a certain distance from a Plot Point on the table!!! I had the Spy and was going to place it, but in the spirit of fairness I argued that I shouldn't be allowed to place it within 6" from a Plot Point either, as that might make the mini able to START on one and all it had to do was spend an action picking it up. Very handy, as it happened to be my co-star (Investigative Academic). But the others argued, until we've explored the CD Forum, by all means I may do so.

Morgan did take some pictures of the lovely game with his phone so I will see if I can get them posted on here.
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline Morgan

• Librarian
Re: Playtest of 7TV second ed rules!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »
I think I took just the one picture on my phone and I've no idea if it's any good or not. If there's anything to be seen, I'll stick it up here somehow!