Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:13:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Civillians!  (Read 5047 times)

Offline The Black Rider

• Librarian
Civillians!
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:07:49 AM »
I need modern civillians! What are the best makes? I really need them for my superhero game but i thought here would be the best place to ask!

Anyone make a good president/primeminister?

Offline Darkoath

• Mastermind
Re: Civillians!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 04:07:20 AM »
Black Scorpion makes a great 28mm Winston Churchill!  And Bob Murch makes a couple of nice figures that could stand in for Teddy Roosevelt.

Offline Eisenfaust

• Scientist
  • Gamer geek, itinerant cyborg and Viking shaman
    • My blog: Dispatches from the Rim
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 04:28:41 AM »
There's an EM4 figure that looks like John Major. (0081 Corporate Fugitive. Handgun. Suit. Briefcase) in the Suits section of the Future Skirmish line.

dispatchesfromtherim.blogspot.com
www.brassandblood.com

Offline bandit86

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 05:09:34 AM »
I think its Ground Zero games that has a set with a President his wife and some Bodyguards?
they do look like Presidential Hobbits though
http://www.gtns.co.uk/store1/commerce.cgi?product=SL&keywords=&cart_id=1838357.11877&exact_match=on&next=20
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 05:25:38 AM by bandit86 »
Barbarella: What's that screaming? A good many dramatic situations begin with screaming...
http://bandit86.blogspot.com/

Offline capthugeca

• Mad Scientist
  • “Life is too important to take seriously.”
    • Ten Mil Wargames
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:06:14 AM »
Black Hat do a variety of modern day civilians in their superhero range "Mutants and Madmen":-
http://blackhat.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=121_122_143
I don\'t know whether to be a good example or a horrible warning.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 08:45:10 AM »
Mark Copplestone has some in his "Future Wars" range and Foundry in their "Street Violence".

Most if not all would need some minor conversions for use as unarmed civvies, but nothing difficult.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 08:58:18 AM »
Black Tree Desings Harry Sullivan from their Dr Who range. He is wearing blazer, slacks(love that word, so 70's) and Cravat. (when painetd mine seems to look like Terry Wogan... :?)
A ncie figure though.

Also Pulp Miniatures has a nice set including a mob boss, with his secretary and right hand man, whilst they are supposed to be 20's-30's they look fine as modern businessmen.

All the above are unarmed.

If you looka ta the Westwind/Old Glory superheroes/superfigs they have three bags of civilians with all sorts of different types including suits, a tv cameraman, etcc. But be warned there is no common size and the figures vary in scale.
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »
Black Tree Desings Harry Sullivan from their Dr Who range. He is wearing blazer, slacks(love that word, so 70's) and Cravat. (when painetd mine seems to look like Terry Wogan... :?)
A ncie figure though.

Not necessarily a bad thing lol . He might make a good Prime Minister figure - well we could do worse.... 

I've always fancied getting a Harry figure and painting him as a suave bond-style supervillain.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 09:25:32 AM »
I came to think of Rafm's 'Modern Day Heroes' but the only official looking mini in that range was this:

I don't know, a bit too much like Zed (Rip Torn) in MIB?

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 10:33:09 AM »
Also, if you don't mind converting, there are some very good 19thC/Old West ranges that feature unarmed civvies.

You might also find some in the various Cthulhu, pulp, horror or gangster ranges that could also be used for more modern figures.

A lot of these could easily be updated by removing old-fashioned hats and filing down unwanted costume detail and then giving them more modern hairstyles etc with green stuff.

After all, jackets, shirts and trousers haven't really changed all that much in the last century or so. Females from these ranges might be a problem, as obviously their fashion seems to have had more extreme changes than blokes' through the years.

Hasslefree have some that could be useful, again without too much work needed as they are in modern dress, especially if you need some kids and younger adult females.

There are some very nice modern[ish] British Police figures around, should you need any, but apart from Hasslefree's "Not-Hot Fuzz" selection, I can't remember the manufacturers....  :(

Offline Ramshackle_Curtis

• Mastermind
    • http://www.ramshacklegames.co.uk/
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »
My freind Sebastian does some excellent thugs under the name Korwin Miniatures

http://www.korwinminiatures.com/gallery.html

Check out the 1990s stuff at the bottom of the page. Im not sure if he has a vendor for the models at the moment but if you email him he will be happy to supply Im sure...

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »
My freind Sebastian does some excellent thugs under the name Korwin Miniatures

http://www.korwinminiatures.com/gallery.html

Check out the 1990s stuff at the bottom of the page. Im not sure if he has a vendor for the models at the moment but if you email him he will be happy to supply Im sure...

I like those!

I'm sure I could find plenty of use for them  :D

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 12:11:13 PM »
just used professor wolcott from the artizan thrilling tales range as an elderly british mp in a game so maybe promoted to prime minister  ? lots of unarmed possibilities in thrilling tales and kiss kiss bang bang as well.

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 12:35:47 PM »
just used professor wolcott from the artizan thrilling tales range as an elderly british mp in a game so maybe promoted to prime minister  ? lots of unarmed possibilities in thrilling tales and kiss kiss bang bang as well.

Good call about the KKBB range, some lovely figures in there. :)

Offline Will Bailie

• Mastermind
    • Will's toy soldier blog
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 02:14:22 PM »
I came to think of Rafm's 'Modern Day Heroes' but the only official looking mini in that range was this:

I don't know, a bit too much like Zed (Rip Torn) in MIB?

Ya know, Hammers, I always thought (rafm being Canadian and all) that model was based on Canadian hockey commentator don Cherry: