Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:13:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Grumbling Grognard's Pics  (Read 12675 times)

Offline Grumbling Grognard

• Scientist
Re: Grumbling Grognard's Pics
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 11:30:05 PM »
Updated a few things, added a rule for special ammo: If you jam using it, your out of it now.   >:D
Scott Clinton
(aka The Grumbling Grognard)

• Scientist
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 09:17:42 PM »
Added a few pics from a game I ran last night with my newest terrain, a set of pieces for a ruined temple in the jungle.  When I was looking for good material at my local big box hardware (one of my favs), I spotted some tile back-splashes on clearance and decided that white marble, would stand out quite nicely.

Finally got a pic of my "Spheres" up as well.

And yes, I made a 3rd Dark Altar out of marble (it was too easy to resist and fits nicely IMO).  Must get to work on a real stage someday for the King In Yeller'...  ::)

GG's Game Play Pics Gallery
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:00:26 AM by Grumbling Grognard »

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 09:04:10 AM »
looks great.

what are those trees - I really like the look of them?

• Scientist
Video for Huge Trees
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 04:42:37 PM »
Several of the pictures have direct links to the YouTube video by a gent who goes by "DM Scotty" that inspired me, but I failed to add them last night to the ruins pics I added (corrected now).  His trees were not "tropical" but adding the vines, flowers, and picking a different type of leaf was all the changes I had to add to make my uber-sized Costa Rican forest.

One note only to add to his great step-by-step video is that this process takes quite a long time.  I use/used/have-always used white glue, so I was ready, but to allow these to dry 100% in-between steps may require days (as mine did when I did them in the Fall).  If you fail to allow them to fully dry, it may take they will never be as strong as they would have been otherwise and it really is worth the wait.

A direct link is here:
Video By DM Scotty on YouTube

Scott
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:50:44 PM by Grumbling Grognard »

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Video for Huge Trees
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »
cheers Scott.

had a feeling they'd be custom jobs. great stuff - but beyond my skills and patience.

Several of the pictures have direct links to the YouTube video by a gent who goes by "DM Scotty" that inspired me, but I failed to add them last night to the ruins pics I added (corrected now).  His trees were not "tropical" but adding the vines, flowers, and picking a different type of leaf was all the changes I had to add to make my uber-sized Costa Rican forest.

One note only to add to his great step-by-step video is that this process takes quite a long time.  I use/used/have-always used white glue, so I was ready, but to allow these to dry 100% in-between steps may require days (as mine did when I did them in the Fall).  If you fail to allow them to fully dry, it may take they will never be as strong as they would have been otherwise and it really is worth the wait.

A direct link is here:
Video By DM Scotty on YouTube

Scott

• Scientist
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 05:10:24 AM »
Could not resist posting a few "approval pics" from my batch of figures off at the painters in my gallery.  Bases are not done, and I will almost surely do some detailing on these as I can never resist...

Two teams of good guys, one based out of London, the other is based out of Spain that depends on 3 chief weapons that nobody expects and lastly a nemesis for the "Cardinals from Spain", an odd Bishop who may be either a high priest or a corrupted character either way he will have very strong connections with the Sicilian mafia below.

[ In case you lived in a cave for the last 30 years and have no idea what I am on about:
Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition
Monty Python's The Bishop ]

« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 11:38:55 PM by Grumbling Grognard »

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 09:14:33 AM »
Brilliant!
I love those Spanish Inquisition figures (an I certainly didn't expect them!  ;)).
 :-* :-*

Offline Mr. Peabody

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Canuck Amok
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 04:37:29 PM »
Wow, those are show stoppers.  :-* :-* :-*

They will make a heck of a cool Threshold team.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here!

• Scientist
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2016, 02:46:15 AM »
Finally got my figures in hand and ready to play this weekend (game pics next week with any luck).

I have updated a few of my custom critters and added a lizardman high priest in anticipation of the games I have planned for Sunday.

They are in the "Custom Races" sub gallery:   GG's Custom Critters and Pics

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 03:40:50 AM »
Dammit Mason! You beat me to the joke... :'(

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 09:46:27 PM »
Updated my Spanish Cardinals as I finally got around to flocking them, etc...  Pic has a few other figs now too.  That is still "below" and also in my gallery as well...

I also added my witches and self-lighting cauldron to my gallery...   ;)

Scott

• Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 08:25:46 AM »
Life is brutal right now.  As in, once in a life time brutal...but I paint to relax a bit so got these done tonight...  I decided to do my degenerates in red.  Meh...they just stand out better.  Besides, I like the classic devil look.   :P

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2016, 08:44:33 AM »
Nice work, sir.
That banner is great!
 :-* :-*

Nice find too, what a result!
 8)

Offline Big Frank

• Scientist
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2016, 06:03:34 PM »
Some really great stuff on your gallery,
The trees look particularly nice. The gent drawing his sword's from Black Pyramid games?
Got a few of them for my EoTD Gentleman faction. Lovely minis had at lot of fun painting them.
Hang in there mate and hope your circumstances change soon.

• Scientist
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2016, 07:45:53 PM »
Some really great stuff on your gallery,
The trees look particularly nice. The gent drawing his sword's from Black Pyramid games?
Got a few of them for my EoTD Gentleman faction. Lovely minis had at lot of fun painting them.
Hang in there mate and hope your circumstances change soon.

Black Pyramid...  perhaps, that rings a bell.  I do remember Uncle Mike forcing me up late several (i.e. many) nights trying to find good figures.  I own several metric tons of lead, but up until last year not an ounce of pulpy stuff. 

The trees were a labor, but it was a fun project that will serve in many games for a long long time.  Odd what I have learned to do with a glue gun in 6 months and I owned one for 20 years and barely used it.

Thanks for the post,
Scott