Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Texas Longhorn?  (Read 9641 times)

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
Re: Texas Longhorn?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 12:29:30 PM »
Just ordered (and paid) 3 of these sets:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120342604144

Should give me 48 longhorns.  :D

I also recently ordered a small batch of 3 ERTL longhorns from elsewhere (51!  :D ;D) - and if I buy some Dixon, and maybe some Vendel (when they restock) for variation, I should be able to make that cowboy scenario...?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2008, 05:25:55 AM »
Way to go on your Ertl Success!! These boards are always great, especially when someone can send you in the right direction to help you get what you need or are looking for.
Cheers,
Hitman
P.S. I'll have to get some pics posted of mine all painted up...if someone could help me figure out how to do that!! :)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 08:26:49 AM »
Way to go on your Ertl Success!! These boards are always great, especially when someone can send you in the right direction to help you get what you need or are looking for.
Cheers,
Hitman
P.S. I'll have to get some pics posted of mine all painted up...if someone could help me figure out how to do that!! :)

Get your self a Photobucket account or something similar(its free). Host your photos there and copy and paste the image code into your post here.
Alternatively become a supporting member here and you get your own gallery from where you can insert the image into your post. :)
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »
Malamute;
I am very sorry, or more importantly unaware of either!!

How do you go about getting a photobucket account? What features does it have? Do you have to live in a specific area? etc.? I have been wanting to get some sort of website (free) so that I can post pictures, write up game reports, etc. for others to share as I have seen and read many others who have done such a great job. Unfortunately I am a little bit on the "Cro-Magnon" stage of computer literacy.

As for a supporting membership...costs? extra benefits? how to post? etc. I love this hobby and would love to share my "toys" with the world...unfortunately I am not enitrely sure what to do computer-wise.

Any tips, pointers, etc. to get me going in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance.

By the way...when it says London...is that London, Ontario, Canada or London, England??

Regards,
Hitman

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »
As for a supporting membership...costs? extra benefits? how to post? etc. I love this hobby and would love to share my "toys" with the world...unfortunately I am not enitrely sure what to do computer-wise.

You just use the donation button at the bottom of the page. Size of donation doesn't matter, but it may take some days before you get your membership privileges.

Most importantly, you get access to hosting pictures in your own personal gallery here, and you can then link them into your posts.

Oh, and you get a medal, too  ;)

By the way...when it says London...is that London, Ontario, Canada or London, England??

Contrary to popular belief, the prince of darkness resides in Britain  ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 10:45:19 PM by Argonor »

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 09:53:21 PM »
Argonor;
I looked, but the donation button isn't on the bottom of my page!!
Hitman

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 09:58:40 PM »
Oops...found it in itty-bitty tiny print under PayPal.

Thanks!!

Offline longagoigo

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 02:23:45 AM »
Hey Argonor, I'm glad I saw your post.  I've been looking at a site with ERTL cattle for some time, wishing they had some longhorns.  I hurried over to ebay and found a longhorn listing, so snatched a set with 16 longhorns and some other figures.  Now I can get a mixed set of angus, holsteins and herefords at the other site to round things out.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2008, 06:06:55 PM »
Congrats!

My herd arrived today - there are some rearing horses and humans, too, that I haven't checked out, yet, but if the scale (1/64) is accurate enough, they should be useable with other 28 mm minis  :D

Offline longagoigo

• Assistant
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
I was happy when my ERTL longhorns arrived, as they looked good.  However, there were only the two colors and they had that plastic look.  The two tone one was also very distinct and really made that group look 'the same'.  Anyway, as you can see, I dabbed a little paint on them, primarily to give them some variation of color. 

Offline UncleRhino

• Scientist
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2008, 01:15:06 PM »
It is slightly off topic, but I have been several times to Robert E. Howard Days in his home of Cross Plains, Texas, and every year they have their "Barbarian Festival" which is kind of like any other small-town festival, you have street vendors selling funnel cakes, pizza on a stick, etc.  Junk merchants selling all kinds of belt buckles, NASCAR goodies, collectible knife sets, etc.

But, you also have their antique car and tractor parade, which is always neat, there is a guy who has been there twice when I have been that is a WWII armored car restorer and he drives his Greyhound in the parade, along with some other armored car I can not recall the identity of at the moment.  Pretty cool stuff.

My point is, there is also a group of cowboys who ride longhorn steer in the parade as well, if you have never seen one in person, they are immense!  Saddled up an all they ride them in the parade.  I have pictures somewhere but I don't have them digitally or I could post them here as proof.  Those beasts are just enormous!  Seems like the " horn-span" on them was easily in the six foot range. 

Ryan

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 08:23:29 AM »
I have quite a few Ertl longhorns myself also some other cattle that they do. I also have quite a collection of toy store cattle. Some are a little bigger some a little small, but they mix well. I also have a lot of toy bison that are just the right size and look great. I am working on a buffallo hunt scenario for plains indians bands.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +109

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 06:27:56 PM »
I also have a lot of toy bison that are just the right size and look great. I am working on a buffallo hunt scenario for plains indians bands.

What manufacturer?

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2009, 05:39:16 AM »
Tried to post some pictures here, but I guess I'm just not computor savay enough.

Offline The_Wisecrack

• Mad Scientist
    • Easy Painter
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2009, 01:36:30 PM »
upload them to photobucket and use the image link . im interested in this. i bought some of the vendel longhorns at crusade.
they rock.,
will post pictures within the week.
EZPAINTER.CO.UK/BLOG