Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:09:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689784
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: LEAD Secret Santa Gift Exchange "How to have a Very "Mini" Christmas  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Revfan

• Scientist
Hey Guys, I posted this in the Fantasy Section, as that is where I spend the most time... but any LAF member in good standing is allowed to play along...

Here is the Gist

I have/run several Secret Santa Gift exchanges... and I think it would work well here at the LAF.

Basically, its one of the only ways to ENSURE you get some cool Lead for Christmas! 

Here is how it would work...

Anyone who wants to sign up, just says "I am in" on this thread, then PMs me their info* later.  Once the Registration period is over... say end of November, I'll send everyone who is playing ONE address to send a Secret Santa Gift to.  Each person is responsible for sending a gift of nominal value (determined by the group) to the individual he has an address for.... Everybody reports here in the secret Santa thread when there gift arrives, and what it was, and after everyone gets theirs, we can "reveal" who we were the secret Santa too.

The points to stress are
1) The person receiving the gift doesn't know who the giver is (until revealed after date specified by group)

2) You only buy ONE gift for ONE recipient (and you only GET ONE gift from ONE sender)

3) Gifts should have a value that is pre-determined buy the group... that is, if we say $20 or so. Your gift can be worth more if you want, but the minimum value is just to make it equitable for all players.  You don't even have to buy anything...   You can grab a few figures (painted unpainted) throw em in a box and mail em off... done.  It can be anything Mini/LAF related Paints, Brushes, Games, Rules, Dice, Figures, etc etc etc....

4) Gifts must go out by a certain date December 7, to ensure they arrive before Christmas. (hard to enforce, but try to meet the sending deadline.)

If you want to play along, check out the Main Thread Here
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=84096.0

Ho Ho Ho!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: LEAD Secret Santa Gift Exchange "How to have a Very "Mini" Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 04:53:23 PM »
No double posting. Please note that this contest is not endorsed or officially supported by LAF, but is a privately-organised event by members who are free to participate on their own account.