Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:21:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691135
  • Total Topics: 118375
  • Online Today: 905
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Playing Pulp Alley with one league  (Read 5358 times)

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
Playing Pulp Alley with one league
« on: November 09, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »
I've played Pulp Alley solo with two leagues, but I am wondering if anyone has played Pulp Alley solo with just the one league?
If you have, how did you make it interesting (and dangerous)?

I'm guessing some form of random perils or perilous areas would have to be used?

Any ideas gratefully received  ;)

Offline Diplomatist

• Scientist
Re: Playing Pulp Alley with one league
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 02:13:14 PM »
I've done it as a dnosaur egg hunt with the dinos acting in a semi-random way - http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=78418.msg964740

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 01:50:50 AM »
A few months ago, we revisited the whole Pulp Alley Solo idea and we are currently playtesting the new rules. There were only two areas that I felt would benefit by some adjusting ---

1. I changed the way Initiative works. While, the normal Pulp Alley Initiative system is very engaging and exciting for multi-players - I thought it could be streamlined for solo scenarios.

2. I created a Solo Deck to completely replace our existing Fortune Deck. Again, the normal deck is really designed with 2+ players in mind, so I thought it would make sense to create a deck that was specifically designed for solo players.

We are still playtesting these changes, so I won't cover any details right now.

Here is one of the games we played using our new solo rules with one league, and if you squint you might be able to spot the prototype Solo Deck that Mila put together - cuz' those ain't Fortune cards! --- http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=82914.0

I am hoping we can add the new solo rules into our Egyptian Horror campaign book, and make that campaign truly compatible for solo and multi-players. If there's any interest in that?

HAVE FUN

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 03:49:47 AM »
I would be very interested in solo play rules so please include them in the Egyptian Horror book. Will it include the cards or will you make them a downloadable file? Also how long to we have to wait  ??? ???

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »
We are still playtesting these changes, so I won't cover any details right now.

Here is one of the games we played using our new solo rules with one league, and if you squint you might be able to spot the prototype Solo Deck that Mila put together - cuz' those ain't Fortune cards! --- http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=82914.0

I am hoping we can add the new solo rules into our Egyptian Horror campaign book, and make that campaign truly compatible for solo and multi-players. If there's any interest in that?

If you need more playtesters, then I'd be happy to help out (playtested Vice Alley). I'm also on your Yahoo group.

Offline Diplomatist

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »
I'd be more than happy to playtest too  :D ;)

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 09:33:27 AM »
Back on topic.

Whilst we wait for the Egyptian Horror book & Solo deck, what can I do in the meantime to have a game of Pulp Alley with one league?

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 09:49:01 AM »
Back on topic.

Whilst we wait for the Egyptian Horror book & Solo deck, what can I do in the meantime to have a game of Pulp Alley with one league?

Strange Aeons has a solo play card deck/ruleset that might work with a tiny bit of tinkering.
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »

HAVE FUN

Mr. phipps - please mark me down as interested - very interested.  family life tends to limit my gaming time so solo games are becoming more common for me.  let me know if/when playtesters are needed.

Offline Mr_Kapow

• Student
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 04:13:22 PM »

HAVE FUN

Oh yes please! I would love to have some solo rules!

ALWAYS DO!

:D

Online Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 08:10:49 AM »

Definitely would like the solo rules included in the Egyptian book! I play solo for Pulp Alley at home but usually control two or sometimes three leagues.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 08:17:58 AM »
Sounds good Dave. I'm curious in where you're going with the Egyptian book :)
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 07:09:47 PM »
THANKS for the encouraging comments. I am wanting to make the Egypt campaign work for solo and co-op players. This means the adversaries in many of the scenarios are determined by the campaign and can be controlled by the Solo guidelines or by another player acting as a GM.

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 08:18:44 PM »
Sounds good! My gaming tends to be more solo than not these days. I keep looking at Hirst Arts' Egyptian molds with more than a little speculation, too.  ;)
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 08:44:26 AM »
THANKS for the encouraging comments. I am wanting to make the Egypt campaign work for solo and co-op players. This means the adversaries in many of the scenarios are determined by the campaign and can be controlled by the Solo guidelines or by another player acting as a GM.

Solo play sounds interesting. And while it is unlikely I would play an Egyptian game per se, i would certainly play such scenarios in a Pulp Planet setting. Looking forward to it!