Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 54 MM Alamo Collection  (Read 746 times)

Offline kingsmt

• Mad Scientist
54 MM Alamo Collection
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:48:32 AM »
Here's some of my Alamo 54 mm collection. There are 2 more display cases full that I'll get to, if anyone's interested

CASE 1

These are the wonderful Republic Miniatures from West Virginia. Republic is a one man band who sculpts, casts and paints his own figures. Actually his wife paints all the Mexicans, I'm told.
To be honest, I don't even know if the company still exists. All there figures were Alamo related. I got to know the owner while working some trade shows he was selling at. I ended up buying all of his sets. Every birthday, Christmas or whatever I always asked for a set of his figures.
Back in 1980 a six figure set was 50 USD. An 8 figure set was 60 bucks. That was a lot of moola to me, back then. I ended up selling off parts of my collection to buy all the remaining sets that I didn't have. Excellent toy soldiers!!!

Top Shelf   First 6 are Santa Anna and his High Cmd.  Second set is the Presidential Guard.
Second Shelf - Fifth Shelf   8 figure sets of various Mexican Infantry,  7 privates and 1 Officer.
All of these sets have unit names, but I don't have them handy.

the 4 th shelf down in this photo is actually the 6 th shelf in this cabinet.
This is the famous Jim Bowie death scene. A great set!! I've augmented the original set with 2 standing firing Texicans and added in a Mexican or two. The poses here are really top shelf. I had to have this and sold off an ACW army to buy it. No regrets at all!

The 7 th shelf shows 2 different Texican Defender sets. Both are 8 man sets, with the two standing firing figures (Above) that are on loan to Jim Bowie.
Smack in the middle of the two Texican sets is Davy Crockett swinging Ole Betsy. This was a seperate character figure.

The 8 th shelf has a set of 6 Alamo figures that I can't remember the name of the maker. The set of eight  N.O. Grays is Republic
The 9 th shelf is a disaster. There are several nice conversions that I did, including a cannon crew and some Texans. Unfortunately, when I opened the cabinet door, I hit that shef and they all fell over. I didn't have time to pick them all up so....maybe next time.

10th and final shelf are CTS Mounted Mexican Lancers that I painted back when my eyes were better (1982 or 83 maybe??)

That's one cabinet. More Alamo in the next two.