Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:23:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Iron Cross Miniatures - New Range 28mm WW2 (update 2.25.16)  (Read 6006 times)

Offline Wilhelmshoeher

• Assistant
    • Iron Cross Miniatures
Welcome to Iron Cross Miniatures.

We are Thomas and Moritz from Berlin. As the historically interested wargamers and hobbyists we are, we collect and field historical Armies since our childhood days.

After over a decade with this awesome hobby we decided to create something on our own: A series of miniatures that meets our own highest expectations. In historical accuracy and overall quality.
Now is the time to make this dream come true – and you can join us!

The task we set for ourselves: To offer gamers and collectors around the globe a range of finely detailled and carefully produced miniatures in 28mm scale. We are happy to present to you our first series in this endeavour: German Infantry for Waffen-SS or Wehrmacht Panzergrenadier units from 1943 to 1945 in all European theaters.

Pretty soon you will be able obtain a complete series of miniatures – no waiting for a kickstarter, no endless announcements, but a ready and complete unit. During the coming weeks we will present to you the various parts of a German Grenadierzug, a whole platoon. With anything it needs to face the enemy!

Follow us onk our blog and stay up to date on updates, pics and backround information!

Here are some pictures of one of our first miniatures.

Blog: http://ironcrossminiatures.blogspot.de

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ironcrossminiatures
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:25:44 PM by Wilhelmshoeher »
Iron Cross Miniatures - finely detailed 28mm Miniatures

https://www.facebook.com/ironcrossminiatures

http://ironcrossminiatures.blogspot.de

Offline greatescapegames

• Scientist
    • Great Escape Games
Re: Iron Cross Miniatures - New Range 28mm WW2
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 11:28:58 PM »
Good luck with them.
Publisher of "Clash of Empires" Ancient and Medieval wargaming rules, and "Rules of Engagement", WW2 wargaming in 28mm, at www.greatescapegames.co.uk

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 03:30:20 PM »
You should update your Profile and Put your Blog as Website in it...
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 06:17:26 PM »
Keen to see more. Any links etc would be rather nice.

Offline Wilhelmshoeher

• Assistant
    • Iron Cross Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »
I forgot about the links.  o_o

Changed this.

I am happy that you like the miniature.  :)

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2015, 07:16:53 PM »
I like what I see.
I hate to ask the question.
"How do they match up size wise with other companies figures?"
Look forward to seeing more.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Wilhelmshoeher

• Assistant
    • Iron Cross Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:14:49 AM »
@ Marine0846:

Hey Marine,
I am glad you like them. I will post a comparison picture soon! So far I can tell you that the miniatures are designed to match somewhere between Perry and BAM.

Best Regards,
Moritz

Offline Yuri

• Schoolboy
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »
Proper size I suppose. Looking forward for comparison photos and good luck with the figs!

Offline cromojaro

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 07:48:31 AM »
@ Marine0846:

Hey Marine,
I am glad you like them. I will post a comparison picture soon! So far I can tell you that the miniatures are designed to match somewhere between Perry and BAM.

Best Regards,
Moritz

I'll prefer the Perry's size.  ;)
A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen

Offline Wilhelmshoeher

• Assistant
    • Iron Cross Miniatures
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Iron Cross Miniatures - New Range 28mm WW2
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 07:13:29 PM »
Dear community,
this week we present to you the first fireteam. Under covering fire by friendlies they advance into cover, trying to outmaneuver the enemy.
The MG42-gunner is just about to hit the deck, getting ready to fire. While he is followed by his loader, the rest of the group storms toward an enemy position. Hand grenades are thrown to suppress the defenders.
This set will cost 9,90€ but there will also be bundles so you can save some money!
The week after we will show you the next fireteam and discuss our ideas behind the figure design.

I still didn't manage to take a proper comparison shot. I hope to do this within the next week.

All the Best,
Moritz

Offline Wilhelmshoeher

• Assistant
    • Iron Cross Miniatures
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Iron Cross Miniatures - New Range 28mm WW2 (update 12.13.15)
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 02:50:46 PM »
Dear Wargamers
this week we present to you the second section of our infantry squad. These soldiers are laying down heavy fire to pin down or to destroy the enemy.
The machine gunner opens up from a standing position while his assistant stabilizes the weapon on his shoulder, holding the bipod. A rifleman kneels, pulling back the bolt to insert a new clip. Another Panzergrenadier fires his Karabiner 98 rifle from a standing position, while the leader gives a hand signal.

The five figures will be available for 9,90 € in February – but there will be bundles for even more bang for the buck!

All the best,
Thomas and Moritz

Offline Wilhelmshoeher

• Assistant
    • Iron Cross Miniatures
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Iron Cross Miniatures - New Range 28mm WW2 (update 1.4.15)
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2016, 05:22:43 PM »
Dear Wargamers

today we present to you our Panzerfaust soldiers. They are part of our expanding anti-tank segment. Under the immense pressure of allied tank forces, Panzerfausts were produced in several variations from 1943 onward. In the later years of the war they found extensive use by the German troops and their allies.

The models shown carry the Panzerfaust 60, the most common type produced. The german word meaning "tank fist" grew to be colloquially eponymous for shoulder-held AT-weaponry (like the term bazooka in the english speaking world). The Number denominates the effective range the weapon was supposed to have.

Two riflemen are moving into position to lay ambush to enemy tanks and to fire from close range. The third man has already left his Karabiner rifle behind and is about to fire his Panzerfaust.

The three Panzerfaust troopers will be available at 7.90 € in a few weeks at our online shop.

Offline Wilhelmshoeher

• Assistant
    • Iron Cross Miniatures
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Iron Cross Miniatures - New Range 28mm WW2 (update 1.4.15)
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 10:48:10 PM »
Dear Wargamers

this time we are happy to present to you our troopers with Sturmgewehr 44 assault rifles. These will give you the option to replace men with Karabiner 98k in your squads. The weapon was planned as "MP 43" (for Maschinenpistole or machine pistol) but was renamed "Sturmgewehr" (assault rifle) for propaganda purposes. The Sturmgewehr was perceived as versatile and effective in combat. Yet, late war production problems did not allow to equip the German infantry formations completely.

The three figures bear a Sturmgewehr each. While the first shooter is firing from a firm standing position, the second man is reloading. He has already stuffed the empty magazine in his webbing as he opens a pocket to grab a new one. The third trooper is sprinting to reach cover. To not hinder movement he holds the weapon in one hand as German regulations dictated.

The three figures will be available for 7,90 € on our web shop in a few weeks.

Best regards and until next week,

Thomas & Moritz

Offline ghpainting

• Bookworm
    • http://ghpaintingminis.blogspot.com/
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Iron Cross Miniatures - New Range 28mm WW2 (update 2.8.16)
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 10:33:21 AM »
Beautiful figures sir. Well animated, love the loading stg figure. All the best with your new venture.

Best regards
George

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: [COMMERCIAL] Iron Cross Miniatures - New Range 28mm WW2 (update 2.8.16)
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 08:17:43 PM »
Nice new additions to your expanding range  8)

You have mentioned a possibility for a comparison pic between different manufacturers?