Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:19:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: X-WING usefull figures?  (Read 5461 times)

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: X-WING usefull figures?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 07:42:19 PM »
Here is my progress so far.  I have collected and compared various Micro Machines and Titanium Series models and found some that fit in with the X-Wing Game and Pendraken figures.  I have now started to modify Pendraken figures to give me important characters.

Star Wars X-Wing and Tie Fighter of X-Wing Bases, Pendraken 10mm figures and conversions to make characters, , Star Wars Titanium AT-AT and First Order Transporter, Star Wars Micro Machines AT ST, X-Wing and Tie Fighter

More detail here http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=85835.0

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 05:02:10 PM »
Regarding figures, I've got these contemporary civilians from an architectural modelling supplier

They're 1:200 and measure 9-10mm tall though the adult male shown looks like he'd fit in the A Wing cockpit. More than anything I like, compared to wargames minis, the relative slimness. I haven't actually used them yet so it could still all go horribly wrong. Btw, they make wargames minis look cheap!

http://modelshop.co.uk/Shop/Model-Detail/1-200-Scale/Item/1-200-figures-standing-metal-Pk10/ITM5775

There are cheaper ones, but these have a placement peg that I'm guessing will make fitting them a lot, lot easier!

As promised, images of a pack with a larger and smaller figure alongside ...

A wing

Kihraxz

TIE Advanced

Z-95 Headhunter

E Wing

M3A Interceptor

My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 06:51:01 PM »
Steve and Mick, first of all any thanks for the comparative photos.
Mick, some of the micromachines will certainly do to mix with X-Wing stuff. About the Pendraken miniatures they seem big for the x-wing ships but they certainly are good for land battles. :)

Steve, this might sound strange but the miniatures look good in some fighters and in others they look too big. What do you guys thing of this?

Offline Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 07:06:05 PM »
I think that for some of them are way too big!

Just to clarify, I'm not planning land battles as such, so I don't need troops just odd bodies to put into little fixed scenes (such as maintenance, or flight control). I can therefore 'hide' the bigger figures in the background or just not use them, which makes these packs very expensive.  :o

My first look-see was with the bigger cockpit ships but now, against a wider selection, I am distinctly less positive. This isn't therefore a recommendation, just info.  :)

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 08:13:27 PM »
I want to do some skirmish games with combined forces of ships, walkers and land troops.

So far, I have collected the following

Official X-Wing size – I am told they are about 1/300 scale
Two starter sets, Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, Shuttle, plus some extra small ships.  Also five similar sized X-Wings and Tie fighters from Micro Machines and three similar sized X-Wings from the Ertl /MPC 1990s Rebel Base set.

10mm figures = circa 1/175
This is the main ground force.  I think look these OK with the X-Wing Ships and are still useful as a wargame scale.  I have 100 Pendraken figures that give me about 30 Rebels, 30 Stormtroopers and with some work many character figures.  I also have about 40 figures from the Ertl /MPC 1990s Rebel Base set.  I have two First Order Transports, two AT-ST, an AT-AT walker, two (or three if I am flexible) snow speeder, an AT-TE walker and Republic Gunship which work with the figures.

22mm figures = circa 1/80
Seven Micro Machines Speeders and a few figures.  I will use some of these to game the Speeder chase in Return of the Jedi.

28mm figures = circa 1/60
Various vehicles and figures from the 1990s Star Wars Action Fleets sets, that belong to my sons.  I have not used these yet but have my eye on them.

Small Scale – assorted scales
Various ships from Micro Machines including Shuttle, First Order Transporter, AT-AT.  These will probably be converted into wreckage as scenery.

Mick

Offline rumacara

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Zillions of painted miniz!
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 10:42:14 PM »
Steve, i might try the 1/250 scale figures and yes i want the same thing as you. Just some scenario with some figures on it.

Mick, quite a collection and very tempting. I must resist the dark side. o_o