Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Deadwood Movie  (Read 2256 times)

Offline joroas

• Galactic Brain
Deadwood Movie
« on: January 09, 2016, 03:07:57 PM »
Deadwood Reunion Movie 'Is Going to Happen,' Promises HBO President

Reports of a Deadwood comeback have not been greatly exaggerated. Quite the opposite, in fact.

HBO programming president Michael Lombardo confirmed to TVLine that he personally gave series creator David Milch the green light to resurrect the acclaimed yet painfully short-lived Western.

“David has our commitment that we are going to do it,” says Lombardo. “He pitched what he thought generally the storyline would be — and knowing David, that could change. But it’s going to happen.”

The exec says that the revival — which would take the form of a movie versus a limited series — was born out of a “palpable” sense he had that Milch “has something left unsaid” with regard to Deadwood, adding “I’ve known him for a while and it feels like it’s something he’s not done talking about.”

Timing wise, Lombardo says Milch has another project he’s currently working on, “But the understanding is that when he is done with that he will turn his attention to [writing the] script for the Deadwood film.”

And what about the potential scheduling nightmare that awaits trying to corral the show’s busy, in-demand cast? “I’m going to leave that in David’s hands,” Lombardo says with a smile. “He’s confident he will be able to.

“The cast is unbelievably [tight],” he adds. “Some casts and creators form a bond that becomes relevant for the rest of their lives. This was a defining moment for a lot of them.”
'So do all who see such times. But that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that we are given.'

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
Re: Deadwood Movie
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 04:19:54 PM »
Oh I hope this comes off! If it does, I hope it ties up the Hearst storyline from the TV series and doesn't end up a prequel or God forbid, Deadwood 1901 or the like.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 10:33:06 PM »
Oh I hope this comes off! If it does, I hope it ties up the Hearst storyline from the TV series and doesn't end up a prequel or God forbid, Deadwood 1901 or the like.

I agree.
Although, if they can rekindle the old 'feel' then I dont really care, so long as it returns.

My favourite modern TV series without a doubt.
 :D

Offline The Red Graf

• Scientist
  • Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 11:08:18 PM »
I am happy to watch more Deadwood, but I always thought Al's last line was a pitch perfect ending. "He wanted me to tell him something pretty." Not sure if that is 100% accurate but I think it sums up the series and our expectations about Westerns pretty well.
Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 12:23:12 AM »
I am happy for more deadwood

Offline craigjwoodfield

• Librarian
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 05:06:10 AM »
I am happy to watch more Deadwood, but I always thought Al's last line was a pitch perfect ending. "He wanted me to tell him something pretty."

"I was going to tell him something pretty" I think was it. But agree, it was a damned good ending.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 04:20:20 PM »
Loved Deadwood but why did they have to wait so long to do this? The cast is all what, like 10 years older? It'll be a stretch to "pick up where things left off" and ten years beyond the story line Deadwood won't have Indians running around in the woods and the old west feel will be diluting. Could be good but could also be a feeble anti-climax like most reunion shows.