Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690830
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm North American Deer  (Read 15431 times)

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 28mm North American Deer
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2016, 03:44:31 PM »
Ontario
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2016, 04:16:38 AM »
I am considering attending the Cincycon convention on March 5.  Could I pick my 8 deer up from you there?
$1.75 each is fine. Thanks for organizing this livestock hunt.

Absolutely! I hope you make it. That is actually where I am getting them from Jim Fox of Iron Wind Metals. So, we can simply snag them together. I plan on arriving Friday late afternoon, early evening, and staying Friday night and all day Saturday. So, we can certainly arrange to meet sometime around then. I am running some Song of Drums and Tomahawks on Friday night and Saturday morning.

Oh, and Sterling Moose: Your plan sounds great. I replied to your PM (finally)...

Thanks, everyone!

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2016, 09:51:31 PM »
Mike, did you manage to pick up the deer?
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2016, 03:41:47 AM »
Yes, I did! I apologize for taking so long to reply. This is easily the most hectic month of my school year!

I have the deer and they cost $1.75 each. I will mail the ones slated to go across the pond to Pete (Sterling Moose) in Canada so that he can hand-deliver them to one or more of you at Salute. I hope to get to boxed up and a price for postage to Canada, soon. Once I know that, I can divide that cost up amongst the individual deer and come up with a price per fig, if that sounds sensible. The purchasers can simply send that amount via paypal. Any suggestions to this plan? I haven't done this type of thing much, so I'm just guessing as to the best procedure.

Pete, I will need your address, if you'd like to PM it to me. I do thank you so much for the offer to transport these.

Curt, I will also box up yours and give you the postage price to Illinois.

Thanks, everyone, for having patience with me. When I came back from Cincycon, I was inundated with stuff and it just hasn't let up, it seems.

Mike Demana

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2016, 08:54:40 AM »
Mike, great idea. Thanks for organising this. :)

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2016, 05:33:52 PM »

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2016, 12:56:16 AM »
Sounds like a good plan.
Thanks for doing it.

Randy
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
All, I can leave the deer with Malamute or perhaps jimbibbly at Salute.  Can you pick your metal mammals up from them on the day?

Offline oabee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2016, 03:33:57 PM »
Was reminded of this topic when I stumbled on these Ral Partha beauties whilst searching through the lead/pewter pile yesterday looking for something quite different:

Forgotten I had these...picked 'em up at Origins last June from a vendor that had enormous piles of loose minis. Don't remember how much he charged....it might have been by weight, and it wasn't much!

Good luck with your white-tails, chaps: don't forget to trim the ears and un-flatten the antlers. Or not!  :D

Mike
I was talking aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest person present to speak to; the long explanations needed by the young are wearying.
Gandalf

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face.
Harry Dresden

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2016, 04:02:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

The deer were mailed the day before yesterday, but I am just now getting around to doing the number crunching. I used the cheapest shipping method to Ontario, Canada, from Columbus, Ohio, for the six deer ordered by the UK contingent -- 2 each going to Malamute, Flags of War, and Hu Rhu. They are going to Sterling Moose, who will be attending Salute and hand-deliver them.

Once again, the price that Iron Wind Metals charged us was $1.75 per deer. Divide the $9.50 shipping among the six deer (I know...I was shocked that was the cheapest way to ship them) and you get $1.58 in shipping each, which means each deer ended up costing you guys $3.33. I'm sorry if this was more than you were expecting. If each of you would like to paypal me that amount to: mikedemana@earthlink.net, that would work. Don't worry about any international conversion fee -- you guys are taking it on the chin enough with shipping.

Curt and Randy, I will PM you with your totals as your U.S. shipping was less, of course.

Hope everyone is satisfied with this.

Mike Demana

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #70 on: March 25, 2016, 11:47:23 AM »
Barring any postal or customs issues I will distribute the deer at the LAF Meet & Greet which I believe is scheduled for 1.30 at jimbibbly's stand at Salute.  I know Mr Malamute but not Hu Rhu or Flags of War so if you could wear appropriate horned headgear ala Hern the Hunter I'll know who to give them to.    ;)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2016, 11:51:45 AM »
Barring any postal or customs issues I will distribute the deer at the LAF Meet & Greet which I believe is scheduled for 1.30 at jimbibbly's stand at Salute.  I know Mr Malamute but not Hu Rhu or Flags of War so if you could wear appropriate horned headgear ala Hern the Hunter I'll know who to give them to.    ;)

I'll be shackled to the Oshiro demo game of Dorset Smugglers all day so come and see me there. I am not sure if Flags of War or Hu Rhu are coming to Salute, so you can leave theirs with me or James. :)

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2016, 11:52:58 AM »
Will Paypal you the funds shortly Mike. Thanks for organising this.

Offline flags_of_war

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Flags of War
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2016, 11:18:56 AM »
Ill be at Salute guys.

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2016, 06:27:23 PM »
I'll be shackled to the Oshiro demo game of Dorset Smugglers all day so come and see me there. I am not sure if Flags of War or Hu Rhu are coming to Salute, so you can leave theirs with me or James. :)

Nick,
As you know I won't be going to Salute, so thanks for offering to collect them for me. I am sure I can collect them off you sometime soon.

Mike,
Thanks for organising this.  I will get you the funds via paypal straight away.