Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:30:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Airfix Battles - The story behind the game  (Read 1393 times)

Offline modiphius

• Librarian
    • Modiphius
[COMMERCIAL] Airfix Battles - The story behind the game
« on: January 26, 2016, 02:11:43 PM »
Hi there I wanted to let you know about our fun quick and simple introductory wargame Airfix Battles which is coming out this summer. We're hoping to preview it at Salute otherwise it will be launching at UK Games Expo at the end of May and in stores in June.

You can see more here www.modiphius.com/airfix - it all started life with me ages 6 playing with Airfix figures (including those wonderful soft plastic tanks and trucks), lego trees, Britains farmhouse hedges and so on. One day I remember me and a friend were playing  - bowling over figures with our hands and machine gun sounds and I suddenly suggested we start rolling dice to see how many we could knock over - and we then filled in a foolscap sheet of ideas like - the general had more lives, tanks could roll more dice and so on.

This inspired me to create a simple set of rules with my friend Nick Fallon and Alan Paull that would get geek mom and dad's playing with their lunch boxes full of airfix figures again, that would give us wargamers a fun and satisfying wargame  experience inside 30-60 minutes all for just £25

My brother just interviewed me for Miniature Wargames magazine (this month's issue) and you can find 7 pages talking about the story behind the game.

The box comes with everything you need - maps to play on, dice, rules, campaign and counter sheets for tanks, infantry, guns, objectives and so on. We don't include plastic figures as this keeps the price right down for everyone and let's face it you already have most of the Airfix figures in your attic or garage plus a box of 48 1/72 Airfix figures is just £6 in your local toy or hobby store. The aim with this is to get lots of people play fun battles with Airfix figures (well in fact you could use any figures including based up wargames figures since we provide you with hit counters to mark causalities instead of removing figures.

The game plays with Force Cards representing squads and tanks, then Command Cards to move and fight your forces.

Hope you'll check it out - you can pre-order here http://www.modiphius.net/collections/airfix-battles/products/airfix-battles

Chris
www.modiphius.com
Achtung! Cthulhu - Terrifying WW2 Roleplaying Setting
ONE WAR - New miniatures system for Achtung! Cthulhu