Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:06:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686636
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mogadishu Shanty rebuild 28mm Hammerhead  (Read 2873 times)

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
    • http://www.victorian-steel.com/
Mogadishu Shanty rebuild 28mm Hammerhead
« on: February 09, 2016, 04:14:37 PM »

Mogadishu Shanty rebuild 28mm Hammerhead

Decided i did'nt like the shanty town i did a few year ago, so i filled up my bin and began building a new one, took me 4 days to create the two and these are ready for the Hammerhead show game on the 5th March.

First buildings, foamboard walls and textured with clay and sharp sand and some bird sand mixed up.

screen capture tool

Bit different, i wanted a smelly walkway through the place,it looks dirty and the water running down the center adds to give it that it stinks of piss and god knows what.

image hosting

Again the urine look and what is round that corner i won't tell you

host image online

Round the corner, i clean the dirt up for you, anyway the urine is made from magic water effect, fantasic stuff and goes along way, it does not discolour or show any bubbles, i just mixed it up and poured out to where i wanted it to go.

post img

Rusty iron fence is from a railway shop, i cut it up abit, the corrugated sheet look is cardboard, i bent it and give it some damage, i don't want this place to look to cosy.

adult photo hosting

Above shot, you can get a better look at the corrugated sheets, i cut and ran a screwdriver across them to give the look of the crap, throw anything on top who cares.

post image online

Ok onto shanty building number two, muggers paradise, i put planking down the walkway for this one because you really don't want to step into the muck.

pic host

I think the beauty of these two shanty buildings is you can space them apart a few inches and create say a humvee  coming down the alleyway.

free pic

I overlap the building over the wall on this one and put a window in because if i lived in this place i would be at the window all the time for fresh air supply, i put iron bars on the inside.

free upload

The pallet is made from lollypop stick, the rust look is brass mix up with dark brown and highlighted with orange, all weathering is PVA mix with black and 50% water, this was painted on the cuts and rust and also create the shadows.

From above you can see the weathered look better, "this is my crib, now get the hell outta here"

screen grab

Thanks for the interest and its a ideal place for first time buyers to get onto that ladder, trust me i am a Estate agent.
The Victorian Outpost

Its a new gaming place in Grimsby with new terrain and new scenery, lots of respect for all wargamers and is the best place to game in town.

Anybody who wishes to visit the venue to arrange a game then  just pm me and lets roll those dice.

http://www.victorian-steel.co

Offline Yggdrasil

• Scientist
Re: Mogadishu Shanty rebuild 28mm Hammerhead
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »
Very very interesting Terrain Features. I'm looking forward to see more.

Offline CarlLeyland

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 10:01:48 PM »
These are really well done and are thought provoking....I now want to game in a shanty.

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:04:00 AM »
Thanks guys more to create ;D

Offline Treadheadz

• Librarian
    • treadheadz on tictail
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 07:48:02 AM »
These are really well done and are thought provoking....I now want to game in a shanty.

My thoughts exactly!

@Nevermore: Awesome work there mate, looking forward to more - I will be at Salute'16 , will the Mog be there?

I like how you've implemented the muck and grime of the piss-alleys - I've spend waaay to much time sneaking around in that sort of enviroment back in the day, though that was in Al-Qurna, Iraq.

As it were, I've now added about 8+ Shanty/Favela terrain pieces to my build list -  Thanks Obama!

Also for some cool inspiration into this type of terrain - I recommend the games "Dying Light" and "Far Cry 3".

...Awesome work, just awesome!

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 12:16:49 PM »
On the final boss in Dying Light, great game and i sort of got some of my ideas from the game, the next couple of days i am building the 5 floor hotel,each in 5 sections of corridors and rooms, Dying Light version.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

Offline Treadheadz

• Librarian
    • treadheadz on tictail
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 12:22:05 PM »
On the final boss in Dying Light, great game and i sort of got some of my ideas from the game, the next couple of days i am building the 5 floor hotel,each in 5 sections of corridors and rooms, Dying Light version.

Thanks for the feedback guys. :)

Please post WIP pictures! - I'm very excited about that project.

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 09:39:14 PM »
Well ground floor is underway at the moment all 28mm of course, looking good so far and I think 4 days of building the hotel and it will properly be done, looking at dying light and Mogadishu I need to build walls around it. Also in the middle of making desert boards for the Mogadishu setup and it's looking really good, got carried away and began building a oasis to fight over, will get these up as me and my mate finish the boards

Offline blacksoilbill

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 11:03:27 PM »
Great work: I especially love the colours on the concrete (?) wall.

Offline nevermore

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 04:17:55 PM »
Thank you blacksoilbill, i did it by wet painting