Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:38:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Schneerim in 15mm: 3D printed castle on page 3  (Read 10451 times)

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Re: Schneerim in 15mm
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 08:02:46 PM »
To Shaved Dwarf:
Thank, I will try

Currently painting a Giant, a Bear and a Dragon. But these are big miniatures and it take a lot of time to have an acceptable level of painting (this is mainly why I switched to 15mm).

Just varnished a big cat native from the Scheizzes Moutain. A sabretooth cat with discrete colors similars to a tiger. The paint scheme is inspired by the model in "Skyrim", but I made it from memory and not sure of the likeness.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 10:40:38 PM »
To Shaved Dwarf:
Thank, I will try

Currently painting a Giant, a Bear and a Dragon. But these are big miniatures and it take a lot of time to have an acceptable level of painting (this is mainly why I switched to 15mm).

Just varnished a big cat native from the Scheizzes Moutain. A sabretooth cat with discrete colors similars to a tiger. The paint scheme is inspired by the model in "Skyrim", but I made it from memory and not sure of the likeness.

Close enough  :)

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Schneerim in 15mm: The Soul Pit
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 04:45:54 PM »
A very poor english literature, certainly written by a goblin  :D

Garreth was lost in this dark dungeon since one week. The thief was thirsty, but he found only stagnant and stinking water. Loosing all hopes, Garreth eventually came to a narrow passage blocked by a door. The thief had no trouble to pick the lock. Will a fountain or a well be on the other side? Garreth opened the door, his heart beating…..

There was no fresh water but only disillusion…. As there was indeed a well, it was only filled with non appropriate specimens…

Cheers

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 09:49:34 PM »
Oh god! That well is seriously horrible!!
Well done (No joke intended)
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
High Stakes
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »
Made some flowers. It's spring soon and time for the garden  ;D

And the decorative stake with a Carpathian flavour

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 05:03:53 AM »
Whoa, gruesome, I like, especially the well. Let's remind the adventurers why they fight on the side they do! 

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 06:23:52 PM »
Currently working on Schneerim rules at a snail's speed. Original plan was to use this home rule
(writedd in ze french) that let you cut members and heads: https://teardropworlds.wordpress.com/category/med-fan/ , but it was missing the Stamina mechanic of
the video game. RPG rules are a bit too complex and heavy and brewerage of home rules is quite fun,
so I went for something different. I mostly play solo and card driven games "à la" Crom or The Rule
With No Name are enjoyable (I have a bunch of THW rules, but not clearly understood them - must
improve my english Stats before  :D ).

Each figure will have a card with basic stats, a gauge board, and equipment cards. Equipment cards
can be looted when the opponents is "dead".

The Character Board:
Cheap gear set from radio controlled cars accessories. A card slot will be added, made with cardboard or plastic card.
I used cheap plastic gears allowing 50 positions. The character card will be put on the board's left
and the gauges will move accordingly to the fights cards and potions drinking.

Equipment cards with an armour dice, weapon cards with attack dice and potions cards with Health or Stamina dice. Weapons and armours will have different quality (from Rusty to Legendary) reflected by a modifier.

The fights will be a mix of cards and dices.

Three attack Move cards: Horizontal move, Vertical Move and Stab move, against three corresponding defense Move cards. Vertical moves cancel vertical move and so on.
When an attack move pass, the result of the weapon dice must be over the result of the armour dice. The difference give the number of Health points lost.
Each weapon and Move will have a Stamina value that lower the gauge.

... and painted a Giant and a Forworms Tribe (Forsworns in Skyrim).

Cheers.

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 07:21:42 PM »
I like the barbarians. Demonworld?

Offline shandy

• Mad Scientist
    • The Raft. Wargaming Adventures
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 08:08:32 PM »
That's lovely! I'm a big fan of 15mm & was always thinking if  small scale skirmish game would work in that scale - your project proves that even tiny terrain details can be done!

Concerning mushrooms: For really small mushrooms, you could perhaps use the heads of pins...

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »
Yeah they're Demonworld. Lovely miniatures.

I have a bunch of THW rules, but not clearly understood them - must
improve my english Stats before  :D
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think no one has an English stat high enough to understand THW rules  ;)
Cracking work though. As another lover of 15mm fantasy, and Demonworld minis in particular, it's great to see your work, and especially your terrain.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 09:48:56 PM »
Wow! Your diligence in recreating a fantastic world is simply magnificent! I love it...please continue!

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 06:53:39 PM »

Hello, and thand thank you all for your kind comments.

Yes, it's Ral Partha. I happily mix historical and fantasy figures. Roman soldiers become the Empire, and vikings are Stormcloacks. I'll use Lizardmen as Argonian and some pretty females from Blight Heaven (Ral Partha) as the Dark Brotherhood. A hard work to do this year.

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Schneerim in 15mm: XD Columns
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2016, 04:48:02 PM »
Important laws are often displayed on stone columns that can be found everywhere in Schneerim.

This one is made of clay, but it broke due to the retraction when drying. The two resulting parts don’t have exactly the same size (retraction again), and firmly gluing the two part was not sufficient to hide the crack. I could also pretend it was intended, but accident give sometime surprising and nice results.

Some folks tell that a knight mysteriously vanished at this place, only his axe and shield where found.

An Elder Scroll, with a strong injunction written on it

Vegetation is slowly eating the old stones, causing a crack

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: Schneerim in 15mm: XD Column
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2016, 07:25:47 PM »
Looks good. The crack is well hidden, but the bit you do see looks great.

Offline Teardrop World

• Librarian
    • Teardrop Worlds, blog
Schneerim in 15mm: Dwarves Stairs and Alchimist
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2016, 08:21:38 PM »
Finished stairs previously in Workbench post, and a miniature of Alchimist.

The Dwarhmer are a long forgotten race in Schneerim: those dwarves were gone deep under the mountains to find gold, and nobody seen them after centuries. Only some monuments remains, but hunters sometime finds little footsteps in the snow...

The Alchimist takes me too much time to paint for a shamely result  :?

First Stairs, the first picture is ... hum .... errr, volontary slightly blurred so you can't see the poorly painted miniatures  :D, but the second picture hurt less the eyes

The second stair: A Guard of Honor