Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:06:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690879
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Sunz of the Desert 6mm scale old shool Ork Armour - enemies, 6/3  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Sunz of the Desert 6mm scale old shool Ork Armour - enemies, 6/3
« on: February 28, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »
Seeing I almost certainly won't manage to enter LPL, and that I greatly enjoy painting 6mm scale armour, I'm starting a new project in 6mm scale.
I won't be following any army list, just painting ork vehicles as they come along. Hope to have the first of what could potentially be many by this evening.
They'll be very Blood Axe-influenced, although they're (Evil) Sunz, as I like orks in proper military colours and am in the mood for sand colour schemes, rather than red planet stuff. They'll be campaining on the planet of Chicagork (easy to work out why).
Would be nice to decide on an army to oppose them - pity I don't have 6m scale space skaven.... ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:58:35 PM by Vanvlak »

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
First vehicles -The Desrt Squig's armoured transport (now if this model had been made in 28mm scalethe Genestealer Cult limo problem would have been so easily solved!) with an armoured car and a flak gun (the latter being less old school than the others.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
Cool. Nice work, there is lots of detail on the epic models which a good paint job brings out nicely.

I don't think any of the current 6mm manufacturers have anything very Skaven like.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Cool. Nice work, there is lots of detail on the epic models which a good paint job brings out nicely.

I don't think any of the current 6mm manufacturers have anything very Skaven like.
Thanks.
No, nothing rat like - but I think I'm going to set up a coalition of allies against the poor orks - a marine strike force with IG tanks, a Squat outpost, an Eldar squadron. I'd have like to add some Tau, but that calls for improvisation as I never bought any, and don't intend to start now. I might also add to the mix a couple of independent antagonists - Chaos and Tyranids.
But first, more orks, I have a couple of dozen more vehicles to add to the armoured division.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
I like the sound of a mix and match opposition - gives more painting options.

I've just purchased a bunch of Epic Squats and am going to do them in somewhat more military colours - especially as I have just completed a bright yellow Imperial Fist Space Marine epic army.

Are you going to play with Epic rules, or something else?

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
Epic - whichever version fits my eventual force best - I rarely at present, and Epic players ARE scarce around here.
But for now I'm having fun and nt bothering about force composition.

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
The Orks have enemies (and an additional vehicle too).