Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Will Code 4 Miniatures  (Read 838 times)

Offline throwsFireball

• Scientist
(COMMERCIAL) Will Code 4 Miniatures
« on: March 12, 2016, 04:38:06 AM »
Hey, guys. This is going to be a weird one. lol

I've found myself in the unique position of being able to work on a few projects over the next coming weeks. I always prefer the projects I do to be somewhat relevant rather than just doing it for the sake of doing it.

On top of that, I love miniatures, I love miniature makers and I really love the idea of people getting a good deal on programming stuff whilst I get a good deal on miniatures.

I'm looking for people who need websites or coding done for short, discrete projects that they have no problem being added to my personal portfolio.

As an example of a project, this may be a small scale website (sub 100 products) which would have an integrated store, cart and account system. I'd ensure it'd be easily manipulable so you wouldn't need me after set up was complete. Keep in mind I'm not a web designer or a great artist, but it'd be functional, very nice and clean, and relatively attractive (read: trustworthy) to customers.

Another example is the design and set up of a custom SQL database including queries. So, you'd be able to put in and read data and easily manage your stocks.

Yes, I am willing to work for miniatures*. For any of these projects, it'd likely be around £200 worth of miniatures which (I should really, really hope) is much less for the seller themselves. More for slightly bigger ones. For the majority of retailers, this would be one of everything from their catalogue.

In terms of languages, I know PHP, SQL, Java, C++, HTML / CSS and scraps of Python, with at least a small bit of experience in integrating these all together. For the layman, that means I can do pretty much anything you can think of doing on a computer. I can build databases for data storage, I can build programs for data manipulation (one of the ideas I was considering was putting together programs for warband building for more obscure games) or I can build websites for shopping.

If you're so inclined, I can build custom Excel spreadsheets and that sort of thing. It's a bit of a waste (since setting up an SQL database would take me less time and be a lot more robust) but if you don't want to play around with SQL it can be done easily enough.

Give me a shout about anything and I'll give you a ballpark estimate of how long it'd take to do and whether I can do it.

* This doesn't include domain name registration or hosting purchasing. I'll get you the cheapest deal that I feel fits you, but I will need you to pay the cash for this. I'm a poor starving student, I can't afford it.