Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:36:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT! So am I the only one excited about a new round of GoT?  (Read 68679 times)

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: SPOILER ALERT! So am I the only one excited about a new round of GoT?
« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2016, 11:04:46 AM »
Yep, didn't expect Margery to go. Glad the sparrow is gone although I kind of wished he had stayed around longer and cemented his views for longer and deeper into the people.
A friend of mine had already predicted Jon Snow's heritage but it was very cool to see that.
I'll be very interested in next season seeing reactions to Cersei, her claim on the throne seems way too loose (they also called her Lannister didn't they during the crowning?) And also seeing what little finger does as his best laid plans are again being upset by others. Look out Jon.

Offline jim rae

• Assistant
« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2016, 01:01:55 PM »
Good family fun once again.  :)

The pie, if memory serves me right is a nod to Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus although feel free to correct me...

The last scene with the dragons flying a Combat Air Patrol over Daenerys´ personal Overlord (well, at least Operation Neptune), was a nice touch... Don't they have a Dragon Carrier in the fleet tho´?

I enjoyed seeing those smug SoBs of the Sparrows consumed by righteous fire although it wasn't entirely unexpected.

Gets my 9.5/10....

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2016, 01:07:33 PM »
Wow wow wow! What an epic finale. Loved every moment of it, including the fantastic cello music in the first and ending scenes. Perfectly chosen. Season 6 was quite mediocre but thankfully they ended with two awesome episodes. Looking forward to season 7!
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2016, 03:31:46 PM »
Bella Ramsey (!), Lady Lyanna Mormont may be my favorite actress (at least supporting) of the whole series. What a lass!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:12:06 PM by Hammers »

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2016, 06:38:47 PM »
I'll contribute to the echo chamber: 'twas a good 'un.  :D  Really, no complaints. I was very happy the whole way through.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2016, 09:27:33 PM »
Bella Ramsey (!), Lady Lyanna Mormont may be my favorite actress (at least supporting) of the whole series. What a lass!

Absolutely. She's a great character. I enjoyed the episode too. The whole Sansa / Baelish thing is kind of sinister, especially those looks good exchanged at the end. Still no direct confirmation of Jon's dear old dad though I guess that is strongly inferred.

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2016, 10:15:26 PM »
A lot of characters did some impressive teleporting around Westeros this season, most notably Littlefinger.

But Varys beats them all with this episode!

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2016, 10:24:34 PM »
There has been a lot of unusual travel this season. The Varys thing was just ridiculous though.

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2016, 10:25:05 PM »
A lot of characters did some impressive teleporting around Westeros this season, most notably Littlefinger.

But Varys beats them all with this episode!

Worst of it is that it was totally unnecessary to have Varys at that scene. But I'm quite content with this season, a lot more than with season 5.

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2016, 07:32:11 AM »

-Sad to see Margery Tyrell go. Excellent character/actress.

Ah, but did she die? If I remember the episode, the only person you actually see burned is the High Sparrow!

Maybe she'll have some miraculous escape, Mission Impossible-esque, where we see Margery running just at the very edge of the explosion, then leaping into Blackwater Bay as the flames sweep over the surface of the water above her! ;)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2016, 07:41:34 AM »
I didn't quite get why Tommen just threw himself out of a window. It would have been much cooler if he would have at least tried to stand up to Cercei.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2016, 07:53:59 AM »
I actually thought that scene was really good. The fact that he didn't even try to confront Cersei probably made it worse for her.

I do hope they don't pad it out and drag the show down now. It probably needs to come to some sort of conclusion while people still care about the characters.

The Jamie - Cersei thing will be interesting. Has she just flipped? It seems to be getting set up for next season with an army of the North,  an army of the Queen at King's Landing (however fractious) and an alliance of Dorne,  Iron Islands renegades, Dothraki and the Unsullied probably coming from the south. There should be a conveniently sized army when the Night King finally passes the Wall.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »

I did not foresee Arya popping up to deal with Walder Frey like that. A rather nice, but a rather cursory weaving in of the Frey pie...

Frey Bentos!  lol

I'm so sorry, I've been sitting on that one all night and couldn't hold it in any longer.

Otherwise, great episode, nicely setting up a huge fight next season. Will Jon and the army of the North ally with Danaerys and Dorne, do you think? Team up and defeat the Lannisters and then sqaure off against each other...?

I can imagine Westeros settling into a very tense Cold War at the end of the final season... Nice open end to the show.  ;)

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2016, 09:21:27 AM »
I would place money on John Snow/Baratheon King of the North marrying Daenerys. Creating a royal super couple able to defeat both the Lanisters and the army of White walkers.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2016, 10:14:58 AM »
Of course this does mean that Sansa is definitely his cousin, not his sister. King and Queen of the North?