Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:57:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: SPOILER ALERT! So am I the only one excited about a new round of GoT?  (Read 68688 times)

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
Re: SPOILER ALERT! So am I the only one excited about a new round of GoT?
« Reply #270 on: June 29, 2016, 08:06:41 AM »
me too . Now another 12 month of waiting :?
In hoc signo vinces

Have a look at www.wargamesgazette.com

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #271 on: June 29, 2016, 10:16:31 AM »
I loved this episode.
Arya was a bit rushed, but worth it. It was an epic start for her long overdue revengestreak.

Curious what will happen to Jaime now that Cersei has done excactly what he was trying to prevent by killing the mad king.
Can't imagine this going well. I think we found the one who will kill her. It would be the last nail in her coffin if he turns against her.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #272 on: June 29, 2016, 02:29:19 PM »

Curious what will happen to Jaime now that Cersei has done excactly what he was trying to prevent by killing the mad king.
Can't imagine this going well. I think we found the one who will kill her. It would be the last nail in her coffin if he turns against her.

Isn't there something in the witch's prophecy that may describe just that?

Jamie comes across as a good guy that does bad things. Cersei has always done what she thought was best for her family.  Now they're not there what will her attitude be?

Offline Charlie_

• Mastermind
« Reply #273 on: June 29, 2016, 02:48:39 PM »
Isn't there something in the witch's prophecy that may describe just that?

In the books at least, the 'prophecy' tells her to beware the valonquar, which she finds out his High Valyrian for 'little brother'. So it's one of the things that drives her paranoia and hatred / fear of Tyrion, and ultimately helps her on the way of going mad. She thinks Tyrion is going to kill her.

However there are many theories about it. The four most interesting being:

1. It refers to Jaime. They are twins, but she came out first, which makes him a little brother too.
2. It could refer to ANY OTHER CHARACTER who is a younger brother of someone else. Possibilities could be Tommen, Loras Tyrell (who has two older brothers in the books), Stannis Baratheon  (who is still alive in the books), Bran Stark, Euron Greyjoy... The list goes on.
3. 'Little brother' is just one way of translating the word. It could mean 'little sibling', as apparently High Valyrian is gender neutral. (I think?)
4.  Prophecy is bullshit, and it means nothing except to make her paranoid!!!!!

I can't quite recall exactly what the witch woman said to her in the show.

Anyway, Jaime killing her would be a pretty fitting end. I was kind of disappointed that her wildfire explosion just blew up the Sept, I thought the idea was it would spread.... like wildfire? And consume all of King's Landing. And Jaime would have to kill her to stop it happening. Still could possibly happen later on though.

I sure hope their relationship becomes much more strained and difficult now. One of the most important things in Jaime's change of character in the books it that he has effectively broken up with Cersei, in a really bad way. When she sends him a letter asking for his help, telling him she loves him, when she first gets herself arrested by the Faith, he burns the letter without replying. The show has made him a much less interesting character as it stands right now. Book Jaime has become a really very likeable character, who has done some bad things in his past and is pretty fucked up, but has essentially come out a good guy. Show Jaime... I don't quite know. After losing his hand and his time with Brienne he became much more sympathetic and likeable... Yet since getting back to Cersei, he's apparently still devoted to her and kind of going back to where he started. They had a great character development on their hands, then kind of forgot about it and let it slip. Hopefully next season we will see a big division between them at last.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #274 on: June 29, 2016, 04:21:19 PM »
I must say, the explanation for the "jetpack Varys" or general "time travel" issues people have been having this season is very simple and straight foward: different storylines are taking place at different times.  Even the books do this, otherwise we would have even more of the dreaded "Mereenese knot" and a whole lot more dull travel scenes.  I get that it's a bit different than say, a nice 2 hour contained feature film where (assuming it's a competent bit of storytelling and not say, the Star Wars prequels  ::) ) it's generally considered a slip up if things aren't explicitly shown, but it does make sense considering the constraints of screen time.  They have to consider the overall pacing and arc of the season, while also making sure they don't have all their epic action in on episode and lots of travel and slow burn scenes in another.  And even with doing this, we still had some awfully slow episodes this season...  lol

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #275 on: June 29, 2016, 04:31:56 PM »
I must say, the explanation for the "jetpack Varys" or general "time travel" issues people have been having this season is very simple and straight foward: different storylines are taking place at different times.  Even the books do this, otherwise we would have even more of the dreaded "Mereenese knot" and a whole lot more dull travel scenes.  I get that it's a bit different than say, a nice 2 hour contained feature film where (assuming it's a competent bit of storytelling and not say, the Star Wars prequels  ::) ) it's generally considered a slip up if things aren't explicitly shown, but it does make sense considering the constraints of screen time.  They have to consider the overall pacing and arc of the season, while also making sure they don't have all their epic action in on episode and lots of travel and slow burn scenes in another.  And even with doing this, we still had some awfully slow episodes this season...  lol

So now Westros has the equivalent of a Guy Fawkes night to remember.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:35:19 PM by Hammers »

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #276 on: June 29, 2016, 04:38:59 PM »
So now Westros has the equivalent of a Guy Fawkes night to remember.

Wow, that's quite an apt comparison.  :o :)

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2016, 01:44:51 AM »
Would be a bit more like Guy Fawkes if it was the religious party that tried to blow up the Kings Landing parliament. Oh wait, Kings Landing still doesn't have a parliament. It's a purely aristocratic show.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #278 on: June 30, 2016, 02:27:05 AM »
Would be a bit more like Guy Fawkes if it was the religious party that tried to blow up the Kings Landing parliament. Oh wait, Kings Landing still doesn't have a parliament. It's a purely aristocratic show.

Quite like GRRM to have a conflict between two sides where neither are completely defensible.  :)

Offline jim rae

• Assistant
« Reply #279 on: June 30, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »

Offline tomrommel1

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • Wargamesgazette
« Reply #280 on: June 30, 2016, 03:28:03 PM »
 lol lol lol

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #281 on: June 30, 2016, 04:51:02 PM »
That is pure brilliance.  8) :D

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
« Reply #282 on: June 30, 2016, 05:10:09 PM »
That was an actual laugh out loud moment. Rather rare for me.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #283 on: June 30, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »
It's looking like season 7 will be 7 episodes based on what people are saying about the director line up. Apparently they have said it's entering the 'end game'.

Offline jim rae

• Assistant
« Reply #284 on: June 30, 2016, 06:58:48 PM »