Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Miniature Exchange 43 at Coolminiornot.com  (Read 1000 times)

Offline tosattearp

• Student
Miniature Exchange 43 at Coolminiornot.com
« on: May 13, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »
Hello everybody,

I would like to do a little advertising for the Miniature Exchange on CoolMiniOrNot. I am current organizer myself and had joined as participant in many past exchanges. Partecipants feels that it can be fun to spread the word through other miniature forums to get more partecipants and therefore more fun.

The point is that a packet of two (or more) miniatures is sent to the following name in the list of participants. You can send any miniature: any genre (fantasy, sci-fi, horror, modern, WWI/WWII, historical, etc.), any scale (but mostly 25/28/32mm), any material (metal, plastic, resin) as long as it is unpainted. They do not need to be in original blister/box, just unpainted. And you get back your own bag of miniatures from another subscriber.

It is NOT a chain letter, it is NOT a pyramid scheme. It is completely FREE for everyone to join and exchanges are not made for money but just for fun. No one gets money for organizing/managing the Exchange, it is just the fun of swapping miniatures between painters / gamers / collectors.

Also, the waiting time is much shorter. After the Exchange starts, it is over usually in about 1 month, when everyone got his miniatures.

A wonderful way to peddle minis. Mostly a colorful mix of scrap and quality minis is sent, usually significantly more than the minimum of two miniatures. One can even narrow down where you want to send (e.g. only to Europe, or USA, etc.), if you do not want to pay the postage to South Africa... If something goes wrong and you do not receive your packet (e.g. participants disappeared, parcels destroyed, whatever), there is a well stocked miniature reserve form which that person gets something, so it will not remain without his miniatures.

As I said, I think is a nice thing and everything runs very smoothly. Cute contacts you can still socialize.

All information is here:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?62820-Miniature-Exchange-43-(ME43)-is-here!

You can also search past ME threads to see which kind of miniatures were sent during past Exchanges.

Would be happy to see someone else joining, to make thing more fun and interesting for everyone.
Many thanks for your attention.