Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:50:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690923
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 670
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 560
Total: 562

Recent

Author Topic: (Commercial) 28mm Modern AU, IDF & US Pre-release  (Read 4951 times)

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
    • Mike Bravo Miniatures' Blog
(Commercial) 28mm Modern AU, IDF & US Pre-release
« on: May 21, 2016, 03:09:35 PM »
Now available for pre-order with a 1 July target release date (or earlier where possible):

African Union (6 figs):

IDF (~2006+) (12 figs)

Cold War US (~'86+) (16 figs)

Cold War Soviets are in the pipeline as our next BravoGoGo - very early WIP sneak peaks available in the Red Star Rising collection on our website.

(Better pics & comparisons with other manufacturers will follow once the initial figures are back from the casters.  Some refinements still to be made to the US guys, but the AU/IDF should be released ahead of 1 July)

www.mikebravominiatures.com

Offline Seb76

• Assistant
  • Vive Zangali !
    • Zangali
Re: (Commercial) 28mm Modern AU, IDF & US Pre-release
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 05:47:38 PM »
Very Nice! The african union looks very usable for zangali :-*
Visit my Blog:

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 12:37:45 AM »
Very cool
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 12:46:35 AM »
Very Nice! The african union looks very usable for zangali :-*
Make nice additions to the more politically reliable troops and Republican guard units. :D

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 02:52:48 PM »
The African troops are very welcome.

Offline Dangerdaz

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 07:38:58 PM »
Very nice!

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 09:22:02 AM »
Damn I totally forgot about these. :(

Once I've cleared my existing crap from my immediate "to do" list I'll eventually pick these up. ...Plus whenever I finish some Middle Eastern terrain too (I guess I could use my fantasy stuff, mixed in with my moderns ...or my mate could bother his arse to paint his).

Eugh, I already have the odd bit of IDF armour, I aught to add the infantry to actually use it for once.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 08:33:57 PM »
Mike,

The Soviets look interesting. If I may, a few, hopefully constructive, comments. Yes, I know they are merely 'concept sculpts'.

VDV post 1985. By no means universal but you might be better off going with at least some in laced combat boots if you are combining them with the afghanka jacket. The kepi style field cap that was part of that uniform would make a good head option, better than a beret ad it would be good to see as an option for the spetsnaz. Good to see helmets with covers.

I assume that the weapons are just place holders from the AU line. Folding stock AK-74s would be a more natural choice for the VDV.

As for the spetsnaz , I reckon that the panama hats need a bit of work, they are too high and look like bobbies helmets at this stage. I'm also a bit put off by the pose, with the chap looking like he's about to fall and the other cocking his leg. Any chance of a chap wearing the early gorka jacket or the full suit ? These seem to`have been popular items in Afghanistan.

All up pretty excited by these, they'll make a really handy addition to my existing collection and the Yanks are looking good. Can't wait for the launch.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 02:35:19 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I've agonised so much over the laced boots vs jack boots.  Don't make me change my mind again :)

Good spot on the AK.  You know the more I look at those 5 original VDV, the less I'm seeing VDV (especially as they have the vesh on them at the moment).  Might change tack expand the spetsnaz plans to be Spetsnaz/Afghan VDV and work those original 5 into something else - probably easier to fix them to late 80s Motor Rifles than fix to VDV..?  Maybe this is just my post-Brexit gloom as it's a while since I looked at these and my photo references!

I'm not sure if Anton's a mind reader, but one of the next 2 spetsnaz has a field cap (happy to take note of snagging items that havent already been called out):

Still waiting on the US/IDF/AU from the casters.  Will push general release back to August I think.  Existing pre-orders will be taken from the library mould as soon as they are ready (as waiting for a production mould will add too much delay). 

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 08:48:05 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I've agonised so much over the laced boots vs jack boots.  Don't make me change my mind again :)

Good spot on the AK.  You know the more I look at those 5 original VDV, the less I'm seeing VDV (especially as they have the vesh on them at the moment).  Might change tack expand the spetsnaz plans to be Spetsnaz/Afghan VDV and work those original 5 into something else - probably easier to fix them to late 80s Motor Rifles than fix to VDV..?  Maybe this is just my post-Brexit gloom as it's a while since I looked at these and my photo references!

I'm not sure if Anton's a mind reader, but one of the next 2 spetsnaz has a field cap (happy to take note of snagging items that havent already been called out):

Still waiting on the US/IDF/AU from the casters.  Will push general release back to August I think.  Existing pre-orders will be taken from the library mould as soon as they are ready (as waiting for a production mould will add too much delay). 

Post-Brexit Gloom? Well if it cheers you up, I took advantage of Boris' Balls-up and the declining value of the pound and pre-ordered one pack each of the Yanks. Looking forward to seeing Anton's work in the flesh.

I don't want to drive you nuts regarding boots, 'tis just that the full Afghanka uniform and body armour seems a better fit with laced boots for mid-late war afghantsy.

I don't think Anton has quite got the shape of the AK-74 yet.  Mag looks a little too narrow and the join between butt and receiver is NQR. If you want them as VDV they really do want folding stocks anyway but they'll pass muster as Motor Rifles.

It would be nice to see the odd night vision scope for the Speznaz or even a silenced AK.

By the by the afghanka kepi should have a flap that goes over the crown  like this:

http://verganza-de-sasuke.deviantart.com/art/Soviet-Uniforms-Afghanistan-242649842

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2016, 07:55:30 PM »
Order placed (Journalists & African Union) :D

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 08:50:13 AM »
Any update on the release dates or deliveries for pre-orders?

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 08:20:05 PM »
Bump. Any update on the pre-orders Mike?

Offline Mike Bravo Minis

• Librarian
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »
Hi Carlos

You should have an email from me re the US figures - if not let me know and I'll resend.

(Long story cut short: Mould irreparably broke for the US and the masters need repairs before we can go again.)

AU & IDF look to be ok so processing those this weekend.  The W79 stuff is coming along and I'll pop up more photos later.  Also getting there with the Soviets.

Dan