Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:59:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690981
  • Total Topics: 118361
  • Online Today: 706
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Conquest Normans, shield transfers?  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Gracchus Armisurplus

• Scientist
Conquest Normans, shield transfers?
« on: June 08, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »
Hi team, I'm looking at starting a Norman warband for SAGA and would like to use transfers for the shields, but Little Big Man doesn't make anything for the Conquest plastics that I intend to use.

Do any of the LBM ranges match the Conquest shields? Or should I just bite the bullet and freehand the shields  :o

Also, shield bosses for the knights? Yay or nay?

Offline Basin is BACK

• Assistant
    • Hrothgar's Shed
Re: Conquest Normans, shield transfers?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 01:19:54 PM »
Conquest Games sell their own shield transfers for both the knights and infantry on their website, but I can't comment on their quality as I've never used them. You can get shield bosses for the knights by using the shields from the infantry set (they fit together really well), but only the round ones come with bosses I'm the Knights box.
No battle plan ever survives first contact with the dice.
Check out my blog! http://hrothgarsshed.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline AndyG

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:23:34 PM »
You may want to wait and see if anyone else confirms this in case my memory is playing tricks. I found one of the LBMS Crusader Miniatures Norman sets fitted almost perfectly. I'm pretty sure it was the rimless Version. It's no use my checking my bits box because I later had to get the other type for some Crusader Normans I mixed in.

Offline Gracchus Armisurplus

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 10:50:54 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

A related question, how are people differentiating between their hearthguard and their warriors when using the Conquest plastic knights? Is it is simple as swords = hearthguard and spears = warriors?

I'm thinking about reserving the horses for my hearthguard to keep them as the true elite of the force, and just have warriors on foot but I think I might lose a bit of utility on my battleboard.

Offline Byrthnoth

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 11:51:16 PM »

A related question, how are people differentiating between their hearthguard and their warriors when using the Conquest plastic knights? Is it is simple as swords = hearthguard and spears = warriors?

I would maybe give the more elaborate shield transfers (with animals, etc) to the hearthguard and leave the simple geometric ones for the warriors. Hearthguard could also get brighter coloured clothing and/or designs on the trim their tunics. I believe the Conquest plastics have a mix of mail and leather armour and a couple of unarmoured figures - maybe go with mail for the elites, and a mix of mail/leather/unarmoured for the standard warriors.

Offline Holla_die_Waldfee

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »
I used transfers from Schildschmie.de for the Conquest Models. Good looking to me.