Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690854
  • Total Topics: 118356
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Inquisitor 54mm Radu plays with big man dollies :)  (Read 5801 times)

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: Inquisitor 54mm Radu plays with big man dollies :)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 10:00:46 PM »
I've only ever played Inquisitor in 28mm, and enjoyed it then. I was always put off by the size of the 54mm sculpts and the need for more terrain in a different scale. Hope you enjoy it though.

Offline Radu Lykan

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 09:32:42 PM »
i do enjoy it, the bigger models add a lot to the smaller skirmish size game
had a 54mm game the other day, this was the pile of dead, absolute carnage :)

finished my Genestealer! cant get a decent pic of it however. had problems taking pics of my bfg nid ships which are in the same scheme. any tips on photographing models that are mostly black and glossed?
the scheme is basically that of a xenomorph from aliens with added green/yellow details
here are pics with my usual crusade of fire back drop

wasnt happy with these as the metallic blue doesnt really show properly so out came the light box. that didnt seem to help as can be seen in the spoiler tags, any advice is welcome

[spoiler]
heres the worst pic, using my wifes old iphone 5c, the ipink phone kept reflecting back at me :(

an orange background sort of worked last time so i tried red

then white

[/spoiler]

also am a bit stuck on what to do for the base? i have some bases that look like xenomorph infestation, i can do spaceship decking or something else?

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2016, 12:49:43 AM »
What are those cultists?  Warzone CMG Prepaints?

Cool Stuff!

Offline Radu Lykan

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 02:23:14 PM »
The 54mm cultists were sculpted and painted by Lord Borak from the conclave forum, casts were made so there may be some available?

With the possibility of a very real need for a space marine character at some point early next year I have started on my long planned, never started 54mm marine.
While I begin the slow process of reposing the Artemis model I am after some feed back on his gun. I am going with a storm bolter, I know it's a powerful weapon but if I am bringing a marine then the power level of the game has already been dialled up to 11, something powerful enough to warrant the inclusion of a marine in a game probably isn't too fussed on the difference between a bolter and a storm bolter anyway.

This doesn't look too bad imo but I am going to have to remove the pintle mounting which might take some tidying up afterwards, to save time and (possibly?) add wow factor I am considering adding additional ammo drums.

This adds to the bulky brutality of the weapon which is something I like and am reminded of molotovs truescale marine with stormbolter combined with grenade launchers, Segesvar http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/7659464/9/

So what was originally just me playing with spare bits and trying to cover up some potentially uneven surface is beginning to grow on me, does the idea have merit or should I stick with the first version?

Offline Radu Lykan

• Bookworm
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »
After seeing kaptidavy's version of a stormbolter on the conclave and somebody's suggestion my own effort was more of a combi bolter I decided to keep the combi bolter for a potential chaos marine and shamelessly steal kaptidavy's idea.

With the combi bolter for comparison

Just need to work out some sort of targeter to add some detail to the top now

Offline Radu Lykan

• Bookworm
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 07:49:20 PM »
Second genestealer done, need to work on my photography skillz, the blue chitin has been washed out to look like black with blue stripes on it :( maybe next time I will get a decent pic

Went for the classic space hulk scheme on this one, bit of reposing was done to add variety
Next up, hopefully a marine

Offline Radu Lykan

• Bookworm
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 12:04:38 AM »
The marine got a re worked head

Wanted something other than a helmet or the bog standard Artemis head

Offline Radu Lykan

• Bookworm
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »

Originally I had him named Paulinus but at a conclave meet up at warhammer world this was read as poorlyness and even worse, poorlyanus :o
Any ideas on a new name?

Offline Radu Lykan

• Bookworm
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2017, 11:53:53 PM »
This is my first go at imgur after the fiasco that is photobucket, if this works then I will gradually go back through my plogs and get them sorted

I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut. :)
I wanted a sword for my newest inquisitor character yorgi mafile karstev,  I broke out the brass rod and a hammer and bashed it into shape, this is the first sword I have tried making in this way and it was very satisfying to do.

I sharpened it to a silly level but figured I don't want to cut myself every time I pick it up and so I have blunted it back down a bit.

Having attached the sword to the model and added a claw I am now after inspiration on 40k-ing him a bit, any ideas?

Do these laurels look ok?

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 09:08:30 AM »
Nice sword.

I have only ever used aluminium welding rod for swords (easier to flatten, but probably less satisfying).

Will you be resurrecting any of the photobucket pictures?