Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:48:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ideas for a 15mm Moorcockian chaos army for Mayhem?  (Read 4758 times)

Bunny

Re: Ideas for a 15mm Moorcockian chaos army for Mayhem?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 09:38:50 AM »
I use many different ranges for my 15mm fantasy chaos....
Demonworld, obviousl.  Look at their goblin range, they do a great mutant pack.   
Eureka (Fighting15s) do so me great 10mm beastmen that fit really well as 15mm figures, I use them as a demon horde. 
Blood Moon make a small range of demon type figures but I also use their goblins as a demon minions.
Pendraken 10mm can fit in well
GW, yes I do use them...chaos familiars (expensive now but very good), Nurglings very nice, especially the old metal ones.
Original Ral Patha Battelsystems 15mm goblins, again a different warband

There are few examples on my blog

http://warrenswargamerantings.blogspot.com

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 10:34:41 AM »
I use many different ranges for my 15mm fantasy chaos....
Demonworld, obviousl.  Look at their goblin range, they do a great mutant pack.   
Eureka (Fighting15s) do so me great 10mm beastmen that fit really well as 15mm figures, I use them as a demon horde. 
Blood Moon make a small range of demon type figures but I also use their goblins as a demon minions.
Pendraken 10mm can fit in well
GW, yes I do use them...chaos familiars (expensive now but very good), Nurglings very nice, especially the old metal ones.
Original Ral Patha Battelsystems 15mm goblins, again a different warband

There are few examples on my blog

http://warrenswargamerantings.blogspot.com

Many thanks for this - and especially the tips on the 10mm stuff. I think "cross-scale" ventures will play a major part in this project - I've already started painting up some of the 20mm ratmen, and I've got some 10mm trolls done to go with my 15mm orcs.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 07:40:46 AM »
I do like these ideas of chaotic chaos. It reminds me of probably the first Citadel Compedium that I owned that had little tables to roll on to determine the mutations of your chaos troops, with the expectation you would add tentacles and the like with blu tack or something!

I think it also had rules for Sci fi / fantasy cross over. All much more free form than today's army list heavy rules.

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2016, 08:36:27 AM »
And I was also thinking, what about mixing in some baroque sci-fi minis as well? I can vaguely recall the army in Champion of Garathorm having some troops equipped with flame lances (i.e. laser rifles) that Hawkmoon was familiar with from his own world. Plus a distinctly Imrryrrian contingent.

Where you'd find them is beyond me, though....  :)

OK, been thinking and maybe something in this line would be suitable for the above...? I'm thinking of the Imperial Martians.

http://www.blackhat.co.uk/product-category/18mm-miniatures/18mm-miniatures-martian-empires/

Some nice tentacled gribblies in the range too (cephalopods) as well as lizard men and four-armed giant barbarians! 

Offline Hobgoblin

• Galactic Brain
    • Hobgoblinry
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 09:06:03 AM »
OK, been thinking and maybe something in this line would be suitable for the above...? I'm thinking of the Imperial Martians.

http://www.blackhat.co.uk/product-category/18mm-miniatures/18mm-miniatures-martian-empires/

Some nice tentacled gribblies in the range too (cephalopods) as well as lizard men and four-armed giant barbarians! 

Thanks! I know the range, but hadn't thought of them in this context. Lots of potentially Moorcockian goodness there. I have some of the lizardmen - the first one's here.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 07:36:13 PM »
If you are feeling patient Microworld have teased some 15mm versions of their 6mm stuff. Starting with demons as it just so happens!

Check out these bad boys on Beasts of War:

http://www.beastsofwar.com/microworld-games/summon-demons-15mm/

Really looking forward to seeing more myself!