Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:48:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689607
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Callum and Grandad Hobbit games - Dead Goblin King  (Read 1762 times)

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
Callum and Grandad Hobbit games - Dead Goblin King
« on: July 10, 2016, 06:56:20 PM »
In our games the Goblin King has a very short reign!  A combination of low dice scores from Grandad and the usual Sixes from Callum means that in spite of his size and special rules the Goblin King (when Grandad has the baddies) .  So due the generosity of a Laffer (thanks Andrew) we had an extra Goblin King.  Originally we were going to convert him into another pose but decided that a dead Goblin King would be more useful as he seemed to spend a lot of the game just lying on his back!

So after hacking him about and adding some Milliput:

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Callum and Grandad Hobbit games - Dead Goblin King
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2016, 07:12:05 PM »
That's inspirational.  Now I want to do dead versions of all sorts of RPG monsters so I can have a before-and-after-meeting-the-heroes collection.

Hmmm.  I wonder if there'd be a market for monster corpse minis?  :)  Could do the next step and have reanimated zombie or ghost versions too. 

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 07:44:08 PM »
That's inspirational.  Now I want to do dead versions of all sorts of RPG monsters so I can have a before-and-after-meeting-the-heroes collection.

Hmmm.  I wonder if there'd be a market for monster corpse minis?  :)  Could do the next step and have reanimated zombie or ghost versions too.  

I will be looking on Bring & Buy stands for cheap GW Trolls to make some "dead" ones too.  There may be a market for some of the larger ones that might become obstacles as corpses.  Even mounds or bodies to pile in front of or around heroes!

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 08:18:11 PM »
I will be looking on Bring & Buy stands for cheap GW Trolls to make some "dead" ones too.  There may be a market for some of the larger ones that might become obstacles as corpses.  Even mounds or bodies to pile in front of or around heroes!

Or as bases for them to stand on.  My RPG groups have always been full of cocky badasses who'd probably get a kick out of being based standing atop the bodies of their fallen foes.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »
What a fantastic idea for a spare one!

I bought two Goblin Town sets to double up on the Goblins and Terrain, so I too have a spare GK...