Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:48:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689806
  • Total Topics: 118296
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: So, I ordered some Wrath of Kings starter and army boxes discounted on Amazon  (Read 3204 times)

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
I REALLY love the dancing vampire aristocrat ladies and the pig guards and the onis. The horned bandage wrapped armored cult-ish swords men are great as are a couple of their large boss demons. And you can skip the horned masks and just have empty hoods if you want.   I can probably find a use for the steam-punk back pack helmeted ninjas and the potato-heads in steam armor guys.(Not sure about the creepy big head things riding on an octopus and some other thing). I also bought some hard looking "Ravenscar" mercs who are probably secretly werewolves or something. The large confrontation style werewolves are less useful but a few of them look cool.

These guys will make GREAT warband fodder or D&D encounters.

BUT...

There are these busty hyper-zaftig muscle-women wearing nothing but demon masks, thigh high boots, long gloves and nipple tape. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Still, personal ick factor is high. What am I going to do with these things? Any ideas on de-ickifying them? I'm not a huge prude but I'm not Bob Guccione's disciple either.

From Screwed Dice:

Can these things be fixed or should I put them in a shoe box or trade them? So far all I've some up with is painting them as shadowy ghosts or lava-elementals to try to take the edge off the fetish imagery. I guess I could use green stuff to make them a primitive inept hot-dog fingered scuplter version of a lamellar mail tunic or a lorica segmentata-style "banded mail" cuirass?

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
They are well sculpted, perhaps loin cloths but then paint them a deep dark red with highlights as daemonettes

Offline Hobby Services

• Scatterbrained Genius
If you don't want to embrace the cheese(cake) I'd sell/trade them off rather than trying a resculpt.   Doesn't seem like it'd be worth the effort.  Alternately, crib the heads (which seem to be the most distinctive/least fetish-y part) for conversion swaps and see if anyone wants the rest for something.  I could see some appeal to really grinding home the point about how distastefully objectified they are by painting them up as decapitated fetish zombies.  Can't say "my eyes are up here, mister" when they aren't, much less without a mouth.

Not to mention the obvious, but why did you buy them if you didn't want them?  Bundle deal?  Blind purchase?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:44:15 PM by Hobby Services »

Offline Vanvlak

• Galactic Brain
There could be an easy fix - glue some type of flock or other basing material over the torso including and use them as some sort of satyr.

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
If you don't want to embrace the cheese(cake) I'd sell/trade them off rather than trying a resculpt.   Doesn't seem like it'd be worth the effort.  Alternately, crib the heads (which seem to be the most distinctive/least fetish-y part) for conversion swaps and see if anyone wants the rest for something.  I could see some appeal to really grinding home the point about how distastefully objectified they are by painting them up as decapitated fetish zombies.  Can't say "my eyes are up here, mister" when they aren't, much less without a mouth.

Not to mention the obvious, but why did you buy them if you didn't want them?  Bundle deal?  Blind purchase?

They come in the starter box with the spiky bandaged hooded horned-masked swordsmen and the demon guy and the other demon guy. And the starter box was what was on sale for $30.

The rest of the stuff I ordered...

« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 04:59:54 AM by palaeomerus »

Offline VoidValue

• Assistant
Damn, those boxes for $30 each? Crazy.

Offline BigB

• Librarian
    • The Ocala Garrison
Lucky scoundrel

Those figs are way better than I thought they would be. 

Offline FionaWhite

• Mad Scientist
  • The Fox Fantastic
Damn, those boxes for $30 each? Crazy.

A bit off-topic but there's quite a bit of price difference actually!
I'm generally on the lookout for Confrontation Wolfen-like minis so I checked the Goritsi Starter Box - $42.78 on Amazon US and £137.20 on Amazon UK.

I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
Yeah the current best price I'm seeing is $38-ish from stores that use the Amazon market place. I got lucky.

--------------------------

If you live in the US and monitor Amazon you can see stuff like the Shael Hann starter drop to $27 or even $25 sometimes with free shipping.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 10:46:03 PM by palaeomerus »