Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:17:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689729
  • Total Topics: 118291
  • Online Today: 810
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for 28mm professor Phillip Mortimer (from Blake & Mortimer comics)  (Read 4340 times)

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
I am bitten by the bug and am looking for a 28mm miniature of prof Phillip Mortimer from the Blake & Mortimer comics.

Tips for Blake and Olrik are welcome as well, but I expect they will be easier to find.

I have found this thread http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=25260.0 but most of the pictures are gone.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:30:14 PM by Pijlie »
I wish I were a glowworm
'cause glowworms 're never glum
How can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out yer bum?

http://pijlieblog.blogspot.nl/

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
first thought - pulp figures from bob murch: rugged archeologists (php14)

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
I cannot think of anything to add to that previous thread.  I have not been successful in tracking down the sculpts I posted.  I do have quite a few of the French cars and some of the figures are not too bad against heroic 28's but all the good ones are seated.  I had considered doing head swaps but never got around to finding suitable donor bodies, maybe one day?
"A jewelled sceptre plucked by order to serve their cause"

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
first thought - pulp figures from bob murch: rugged archeologists (php14)

The one bottom right is actually not bad at all! If a little introspective. Thanks!

Offline pistolpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Rent money is for rent - telly savalas
i just did a quick seach for "male coat" on the reaper website and got quite a few that might work, with some possible head swaps or minor sculpting.  granted, i'm not that familiar with the series but it does look like fun.  sort of a precursor for jonny quest? mortimer is spot on for dr. quest (or vice versa).

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Or you could of just asked me,I'd  need a forth character in order to have a retail pack.(they're a pretty generic bunch so they'd fit in with rest of characters I'm doing anyway).
Mark.

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
He's at it again! Someone stop that man!

(or don't, actually lol  ;) )

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
Or you could of just asked me,I'd  need a forth character in order to have a retail pack.(they're a pretty generic bunch so they'd fit in with rest of characters I'm doing anyway).
Mark.

YES! The fourth character would of course be either Nasir:

although preferably in another pose than throwing a knife or a female companion like Lisa Pantry or Jessie Wingo. Or mayby a crazy scientist? 

Offline Svennn

• Galactic Brain
  • Balding bloke with a 'V'
    • Svenns Little Men
The fourth HAS to be Yellow M in that arms wide open stance. 

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
Hang on you eager beavers, I think Tin Shed meant he has 3 figures already and needs a 4th.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
The only ones I know of are these, they're not really all that good and you probably have to chase most of them on ebay:

http://www.pixifolies.com/Collections/1807/e-p-jacobs-mini

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Matt's right I've already made them,as it seemed a logical progression from the TinTin set I've just done. I'm waiting on a couple of issues of the comic (as its that long since I've read them,I've no idea who's who)Olrik is dress as already pictured simply because I've made a set of interwar German police so the trousers and boots an easy continuation of the set.)
As for a forth figure I've not got a clue as these were the only ones i could remember,so ideas are welcome,just remember I've no idea who's who(until my books arrive )so add a picture.
Mark.

Offline Pijlie

• Mastermind
    • Pijlie's blog
Matt's right I've already made them,as it seemed a logical progression from the TinTin set I've just done. I'm waiting on a couple of issues of the comic (as its that long since I've read them,I've no idea who's who)Olrik is dress as already pictured simply because I've made a set of interwar German police so the trousers and boots an easy continuation of the set.)
As for a forth figure I've not got a clue as these were the only ones i could remember,so ideas are welcome,just remember I've no idea who's who(until my books arrive )so add a picture.
Mark.

I say Nasir is the one (since I don't want to spoiler anything regarding the Yellow Sign)  :D

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
The one bottom right is actually not bad at all! If a little introspective. Thanks!

That was the one I thought. Maybe either use it for a head swap so as to raise the angle of the head, or put a pipe in his hand (Mortimer is always fiddling with his pipe) plus maybe a dab of green stuff to change the hairline a bit.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
I say Nasir is the one (since I don't want to spoiler anything regarding the Yellow Sign)  :D

Probably Nasir, although Nastassia would work as a generic female character.

Excited to hear about Tintin! A great basis for Pulp Alley with my Tintin loving children.