Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:21:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Any UK/Europe suppliers of MDF industrial scenery like this?  (Read 2561 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Any UK/Europe suppliers of MDF industrial scenery like this?
« on: September 08, 2016, 07:47:42 PM »
I am looking for some dirty looking industrial scenery for 28mm  ITEN/Post Apoc gaming. This Impudent Mortal stuff is the sort of look I am after but want to buy from manufacturers/traders in Europe. (Shipping from IM is ridiculous, more $$ per building than the price of the building).

Anyone know a supplier of scenery like this(or more distressed), or something that can be worked to look like this?

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
Re: Any UK/Europe suppliers of MDF industrial scenery like this?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:02:48 PM »
I bought a load of stuff very similar to that kind of thing from a company called Wargames Tournaments last year for using as a basis for something similar.
It is not very detailed but that does not matter to me as I only use MDF as a base to build on.

It is worth checking them out to if they could suit your needs:

http://www.wargamestournaments.com/shop/page/2/

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 08:46:02 PM »
Wargame Model Mods make some nice industrial stuff

Offline audrey

• Scientist
    • My Oubliette
Mistress of slayage

My Oubliette:
http://audreysoubliette.wordpress.com

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 10:21:22 PM »
Pendraken had some on their stand at the last show I went to.
Cannot remember the brand name though.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 10:30:49 PM »
 Dave's Wargames do some very nice MDF terrain.Seen him trading at quite a few show's here in the Northeast of England.

https://www.facebook.com/Daveswargames/

https://www.facebook.com/Daveswargames/photos

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 11:54:21 PM »
Thanks guys, plenty of decent options amongst those. I am particularly impressed with the seller that says "provide your own Pringles tubes" for his sets. lol

Interesting looking through the "industrial" categories to see how much of the available scenery actually serves no real purpose, just steps leading up to platforms along catwalks and down again.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 11:31:14 AM »
So, imagine the scene:

An eager buyer with money in hand (or at least sitting on his paypal account) approaches a trader and says, "gee mister I really like that product you make, can I buy some please". The trader looks down at him and replies, "Hmm, I only sell my products to people with Facebook accounts. Go away and come back when you have created an account"

The buyer puts his money back in his pocket and walks away, knowing that just around the corner is another trader who has some similar pieces to sell and even has a website. Perfect he thinks, I will buy some of those instead. Only problem is the trader bundles his pieces into sets and our buyer only wants 1 of each. No worries, a quick email asking about buying the pieces individually gets sent.
He sits back and awaits the reply eager to get the order made.
No response, silence.
OK, must be a web problem, undaunted he tries again, this time email and the special "contact us" form on the website. Twice the chance of getting in touch. Once again our buyer sits back and waits, still keen to spend his money.
No response, nothing, silence.

Now exasperated our buyer looks at another trader, also with a website with lots of lovely looking models.  Knowing that things must get better eventually he sends off an email asking once again about buying pieces individually.
"No problem" comes back the almost immediate response, "Just let us know what you want and we will sort it for you"
Wow, thinks our buyer, that was good.
"I would like a set of these, and one each of this, that and those please"
"Certainly, we can do that" he is told by quick reply. "But if you do this, and buy that instead you get an extra model and pay a little less"
"Great, I will do that then, thanks.....and I would also like one of these" our excited buyer says, happily handing over a good sum of money.

So, the moral of this tale is ....If you are looking for Industrial style MDF scenery in Europe go straight to Multiverse Gaming.
http://www.multiversegamingterrain.com/industrial-c-6_16.html

Very highly recommended by our buyer whose big heavy box of MDF and card arrived this morning courtesy of Multiverse and the Polish mail service.
Just be warned, opening a large box of freshly laser cut MDF in your kitchen is likely to cause some degree of domestic distress.....

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 11:40:45 AM »
Thanks for the info, Rob.
Most useful to know.
 :D

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 12:42:07 PM »

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 03:09:13 PM »
 Seems like you had a hard time getting what you were after.

You might like these too.

http://www.zenterrain.com/en_US/c/BUILDINGS/63/1

I have had an order from them and they are very nice kits.They come in little bags already out of the frame to save on postage.

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2016, 07:49:13 PM »
An eager buyer with money in hand (or at least sitting on his paypal account) approaches a trader and says, "gee mister I really like that product you make, can I buy some please". The trader looks down at him and replies, "Hmm, I only sell my products to people with Facebook accounts. Go away and come back when you have created an account"

Dave's Wargames, daveswargames, has a gmail account; between that and the images on FB, I might try wrangling some product, and I'm as non-FB as you.

Doug