Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:50:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686666
  • Total Topics: 118120
  • Online Today: 817
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Congo - My first video Battle Report  (Read 1726 times)

Offline sean_68333

• Scientist
    • Sean's Gaming and Shooting Blog
Congo - My first video Battle Report
« on: September 09, 2016, 09:30:34 PM »
Randy and I played the 2nd scenario in Congo - Adventures in the Heart of Africa.  I made short videos through the game and updated on how things were going.

I pulled all the short videos into one for my very first video battle report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2MDRvjeK_Q

I hope you enjoy this and that it gives a feeling for how the game works.
The winning player isn't always the better player.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Congo - My first video Battle Report
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:15:47 PM »
Thanks for taking the trouble to put that together. Think I would like to see another couple of games before I make a decision on Congo.  Looked like 4 x 4 was ample space. Is it single figure basing just for casualty removal? Looks like it would work just as well with figures based in units. I see your scouts were based together.
I know it's difficult to judge from one game, but something seemed to be missing to lift it out of the ordinary. It's like you both advanced, as soon as you were within range you started shooting and that was more or less it.
How are you feeling about the rules so far?
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 06:15:22 AM »
Thanks for the video report.
, ,

Offline Thor

• Lurker
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 07:29:25 AM »
Great video report to get a first impression of the game.

Offline sean_68333

• Scientist
    • Sean's Gaming and Shooting Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 07:39:40 PM »
I'm glad you all liked it.  I'm going to try to put together a video that walks through the mechanics of the game.

I'm pretty new to video so it is a fun learning experience.

Thanks for taking the trouble to put that together. Think I would like to see another couple of games before I make a decision on Congo.  Looked like 4 x 4 was ample space. Is it single figure basing just for casualty removal? Looks like it would work just as well with figures based in units. I see your scouts were based together.
I know it's difficult to judge from one game, but something seemed to be missing to lift it out of the ordinary. It's like you both advanced, as soon as you were within range you started shooting and that was more or less it.
How are you feeling about the rules so far?

The rules are written for models being based individually, but I don't see why you couldn't base them in groups and just mark casualties.  As you saw, the scouts were on a single base, and they worked fine.

This was only our second game, so I'm not sure that we have solid tactics or strategies mapped out yet.  We are still learning the rules.

In this game, he was trying to capture Kong and I was trying to keep him free or kill him so his spirit would stay in the jungle.  My plan was to rush my opponent in hopes of distracting him from taking down Kong.  I felt that it worked pretty well.

I enjoy the game so far and think there is some depth to them.  There are 8 scenarios in the book and each has suggested forces, but can be played with the forces you have.  That gives a pretty good variety of games.  I think it will be pretty easy to create additional scenarios as well.

I'm not convinced this game is better than ordinary yet, but it has been enjoyable so far and I look forward to playing it again.  And that is better than a lot of game systems I've played.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 09:53:11 PM »
Hi Sean thanks for answering the points I raised. I will keep an eye out for any more of your videos and am interested in seeing more of your Congo games.