Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Devil's Run Kickstarter  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Lau

• Librarian
The Devil's Run Kickstarter
« on: September 13, 2016, 02:31:16 PM »
A new kickstarter for The Devil's Run, this time its under title is Hell's Highway. It looks really cool, and the 20mm car models are awesome!

It is burning through the stretchgoals fast, tjeck it out!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wordforgegames/the-devils-run-hells-highway

Offline supervike

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • supervike's stuff
Re: The Devil's Run Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 03:55:33 PM »
Agree, those vehicles look great!

I wish these kickstarters offered 'miniature only' pledges.  I'd be backing far more of them than I do, if that were the case.

Offline rob_alderman

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Dribbling wreck...
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 09:48:34 PM »
Send them a message, there's a good chance they would do that.

Offline Zombie Ste

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 02:23:02 AM »
If only this was 28mm... I'd be all over this like a cheap suit

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 10:32:52 AM »
Ooooooooooooooh! Hit the 'Remind me' button. Might back it, looks awesome.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline WordForge

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 03:46:08 PM »
We have a promo on at the moment:

Sign up for £40 get the model too (as well as the Board game and all unlocked freebies)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wordforgegames/the-devils-run-hells-highway/posts/1683071

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 07:18:22 AM »

I was in on the first one they did and I've become a big fan of the models and the game. You can see some of the stuff I've done in my sci-fi/post-apo blog here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16147&page=4

This kickstarter is to get a new base game box, based on the knowledge and feedback from the first.

WFG has run one of the best campaigns I've been on board, with weekly updates, honesty and a huge amount of backer inclussion in the entire project.

Devils Run has a living (free) rulebook and a living (free) mission book. Both downloadable from: Word Forge Games homepage.

The campaign has just passed 35k£ pledged - this is a major deal for me. This unlocks the production of a large advanced rules hardback book. Containing rules, scenarios, solo play rules and fluff.

I've read the rules and missions, playtest and help read for corrections. It's gonna be a great rulebook for crazy vehicle combat! Also the base game has a lot of freebies added already, with even more to come.

For the price of 40£ this is a great value boardgame, with lots of replayability. With all the extra cards, there's even cards for whatever crazy vehicles you might convert yourself.

Lots of cool add-on factions unlocked as well. A double decker warrig bus amongst other crazy stuff.

If you pledge 40+ before 24th september, you even get another biker miniature.

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 07:21:49 AM »
I wish these kickstarters offered 'miniature only' pledges.  I'd be backing far more of them than I do, if that were the case.
You could pledge for only a bunch of add-on vehicles and faction starters. Devils Run has a facebook group, I don't think you'll have any trouble unloading all the cards, extra d3 (haven't seen those elsewhere) and board game tiles.

Cards are wanted by people (like myself) wanting to convert a lot of vehicles myself. And everybody can use more boards.

If only this was 28mm... I'd be all over this like a cheap suit

The 32mm Vyker ATV would fit most 28mm games fine. ... But 28mm would make this game so expensive and the boards would have to be crazy big.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 07:56:19 AM »
I agree with Bloodbeard on all his points.

I'm also a backer of the first campaign, and the models alone are good enough to justify my pledge.

The drivers are a little smaller than most 20mm miniatures and fit size and proportionwise very well to some of the larger 18mm miniatures. Therefore they are 100% compatible with my wargaming collection as well as most matchbox cars and will be extensively used in 15/18mm Fallout/Mad Max.

However, not only the models are an absolute dream with very sharp details and good proportions, also how Worldforgegames handled their first kickstarter was amazing and the game you get is nice and gives a good Roadwarrioresque feeling.

I have also pledged this one and am pretty excited about the new factions and the new "big" model they want to produce.

I highly recommend this one to all postapoc and 18mm fans out there!

Offline Grumbledook

• Scientist
    • It's a Hobby, not an Addiction!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »
This looks pretty lovely. I've had a trawl on the internets and was wondering if anyone has any pictures of how they scale with 15mm figures? I'm guessing pretty well with the chunkier ion age figures but any more opinions would be great.

The extra kickstarter unlocks are making it look more and more attractive.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 10:13:29 PM »
This looks pretty lovely. I've had a trawl on the internets and was wondering if anyone has any pictures of how they scale with 15mm figures? I'm guessing pretty well with the chunkier ion age figures but any more opinions would be great.

I can do that on Monday evening. The Ion Age minis are perfect size-wise as well as the same company's sister site's (15mm.co.uk) recent indulgings in PostApoc 15mm.

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 05:16:45 AM »

Can't really help you with size. But the game is 20mm. But the cars are the same size a hot wheels and matchbox cars. I have some old 1/72 airfix miniature soldiers, they fit well with the vehicles.

I've also bought some Caesar Miniatures and they fit perfectly as well.

Would also like to see some 15mm comparison shots.

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 04:36:28 PM »
Word Forge Games has a price draw on facebook. Like a post, share it and have a chance to win the base game (or if you've pledged score an additional 40£add-ons).

https://www.facebook.com/WFGDevilsRun/?fref=ts

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 10:42:40 PM »

Done it, but I opened a new thread, since its a lot of pictures.

Offline Bloodbeard

• Librarian
  • Dad, Teacher, Hobbyist
    • Bloodbeard's Garage
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 11:47:50 AM »
Thanks for your comparison shots.

Link to new thread: http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=94105.0