Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:54:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690911
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [KICKSTARTER] Flexible roads/rivers terrain......free worldwide shipping  (Read 1950 times)

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
Campaign by a US manufacturer looking to develop his business. The product has been around for several years and gets good reviews.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1149057730/wizard-kraft-modular-wargame-terrain-expansion/description

Various widths and styles available. The pieces look to be lower profile than a lot of the similar ranges and show good flexibility, they are also guaranteed not to crack or split in use (if they do they will be replaced free).

The pledge prices shown include shipping worldwide.  At this stage it looks unlikely that the full funding will be reached as there has been very little press about this one which is a shame. I just found it from a review on Peter Anderson's excellent blog:
http://blundersonthedanube.blogspot.com.es/

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
Re: [KICKSTARTER] Flexible roads/rivers terrain......free worldwide shipping
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 07:11:25 PM »
You had me at hello free international shipping

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 03:11:20 AM »
This gentleman sells at Enfilade every year - good quality, flexible, and versatile.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 07:29:55 PM »
These pieces are now being made available unpainted so they can be finished to match your own game tables or mats......also means you get an extra few lengths in the pledge bundles.

If the project does not fund people who backed the campaign will still be able to get the pledge price offers via the website after the campaign ends. 
The team at Wizard Kraft are extremely helpful and open to discussing ideas or changes/custom pieces.

Offline Gonsalvo

• Assistant
    • Blunders on the Danube
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 03:50:22 AM »
They are now over 60% funded, and coming down top the last 6 days. Other than being a backer and a long time (15 years!) satisfied customer, I have no connection to the owner. He is very willing to customize he product you get for your pledge. The standard is deep blue rivers with green flocked banks, but  muddy rivers, arid banks, dry river beds, and even unfinished or partially finished items can be done - ask William if you are unsure. There are STILL some incentives available at the lower pledge levels ($25 and $75), and they are cumulative (so if you pledged $125, you'd get the $25 AND the $75 "early bird" incentives. I just upped my pwn pledge to $250 despite all of the rivers I already own from Wizard Kraft; it is just that good!

Once again, EVERYTHING purchased under the Kickstarter is postage free, worldwide!

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 07:22:03 AM »
And pledged.

Offline Luc

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 08:42:32 AM »
The KS is only for river?

Offline Gonsalvo

• Assistant
    • Blunders on the Danube
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 01:27:16 PM »
The rewards are only for the rivers as it stands (although the certificates can be used to purchase whatever you like). William has already done dirt roads and cobblestone roads. he's been VERY flexible (like the terrain, LOL), so I suspect if you ask, he'll try to accommodate you. Is there anything in particular that you are interested in?

Offline Luc

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 03:37:05 PM »
Ok! You know where I can write him?

Offline Gonsalvo

• Assistant
    • Blunders on the Danube
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 10:47:36 PM »
On the KS site:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1149057730/wizard-kraft-modular-wargame-terrain-expansion/description

and/or I'f be happy to ask it for you as well, as others may be interested in the answer.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 10:54:35 PM »
Hey Peter, your getting the hang of this KS thing pretty quickly!  lol

Offline Gonsalvo

• Assistant
    • Blunders on the Danube
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 03:06:03 AM »
Hi Rob,

I probably won't be involved in another Kickstarter in the foreseeable future. It's clear that William doesn't really have a good idea about how to market the KS. Now, I'm no marketing whiz myself by any means, but in this case I really believe in the product. I think everyone who participates will be very pleased with the quality and value of the items. I upped my own pledge from $125 to $250, and would go higher if I could afford it. There are STILL "early bird" incentives available, such that a $75 pledge, which gets you the basic box, woukld have an added 12" river section with a Ford, PLUS a 6 - 8 foot diameter Swamp piece, PLUS the free shipping. The $150 pledge gets you all that plus $80 more to spend on product (like getting the first deal for $70), and the $250 pledge gets you all that plus $190 more to spend on product, like getting the basic box, etc for $60. Any product bought woith the certificates is shipped free worldwide, too!

This is a seriously good deal!  I don't know anyone who has Wizard craft terrain that hasn't been very pleased with it.

In addition to my own blog post, see also:

http://dartfrog06mm.blogspot.com/2016/09/wizard-kraft-terrain-kickstarter.html

http://2hourblog.blogspot.com/2016/09/terrain-kickstarter-check-it-out.html

and some of the comments in reply to my TMP post:

http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=433047

In about 6 days, I will revert to my normal self - just painting, blogging, playing, and reading!  o_o

Peter