Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:14:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial]New Statuesque Female Heads - Bionic on sale in three sizes  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures

Statuesque Miniatures is pleased to announce the release of a new set of female heads sprues in three different sizes: the Statuesque Female Heads – Bionic in Fine, Pulp and Heroic scales.

The Heroic Scale Female Heads – Bionic set is designed to allow you to convert your heroic scale figures and is the largest of the three sizes. The Heroic Scale Female Heads – Bionic set is on sale at a New Release Special Offer price of only £4.25, saving over 10%.

The mid-sized Pulp Scale Female Heads - Bionic set is designed to match the size of the Statuesque Asylum and Pulp Alley ranges. The Pulp Scale Female Heads – Bionic set is on sale at a New Release Special Offer price of only £4, saving over 10%.

The Fine Scale Female Heads - Bionic set is designed to match the size of the Statuesque Sci-fi range and is the smallest of the three sizes. The Fine Scale Female Heads – Bionic set is also on sale at a New Release Special Offer price of  only £4, saving over 10%.

All three Statuesque Accessories ranges – Fine Scale, Pulp Scale and Heroic Scale – can be used to convert all manner of miniatures. Check out the comparison photos on my blog to see just some of the possibilities.

These offers will run until Sunday the 6th of November, or while stocks last.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: [Commercial]New Statuesque Female Heads - Bionic on sale in three sizes
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 01:39:48 PM »
These might come in handy.

I'm thinking they might look very good on the fist full of kung fo yakuza...
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »
Superb! And super useful.  :D 8)

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 05:15:12 PM »
I am not really familiar with the size of the referenced figures. Are we talking roughly 32mm, 28mm and 25mm?

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 05:34:21 PM »
I am not really familiar with the size of the referenced figures. Are we talking roughly 32mm, 28mm and 25mm?

No, height references are meaningless as nobody sculpts scale figures and every sculptor works to different proportions . For example, my Sci-fi range are taller than my Pulp figures, but have smaller heads. Similarly, many new fangled 35mm figures have much smaller heads than old 25mm figures.

I've put together various comparison photos and test conversions, to give customers some idea of what might work with what.

Offline stone-cold-lead

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 08:14:14 PM »
Could be very handy. Any plans for male heads too?

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 08:16:10 PM »
Could be very handy. Any plans for male heads too?

Maybe, though there's less of a gap in the market. Would likely do Pulp Scale male heads over other sizes, especially as GW have started shrinking their heads on recent kits.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 06:29:40 AM »
I' d buy some male heads, you can never have too greater variety for head swaps.

What I'm really waiting for you to do are male versions of the female resistance fighters.

Cmon, you know you want to

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 09:37:36 AM »
Male bionics would be good too.  ;)

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »
What I'm really waiting for you to do are male versions of the female resistance fighters.

Cmon, you know you want to

To be honest, it's unlikely. I know I should; it would make sense and broaden the appeal. However, since I made the Resistance Fighters, non-Grimdark sci-fi figures seem to all have massively increased in size, going 35mm plus. Infinity figures are all much bigger and every new cyberpunk Kickstarter range is ever taller and smaller headed! So if I wanted to add male figures to the Resistance Fighters, what size would I make them? Being all female, the current range works alongside quite a few manufacturers' ranges, either as taller or shorter women. Male figures would "scale" them much more restrictively.

I also now much prefer sculpting smaller, chunkier little figures like the Pulp Alley and Statuesque Asylum range.

Offline hubbabubba

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »
You know your business Andrew and I understand what you mean about the sizes of newer sci fi minis, but you should buck the trend. Some resitance style blokes in the style of your pulp alley figs would be exactly what the doctor ordered.
Personally I wanna match them up against Hasslefree, PF's aliens, reaper chronscope, copplestone sovs and the old grenadier stuff and all kinds of other stuff. The newer 35 stuff doesn't do it for me as it's so vastly different to anything else I've got.
You keep doing what you enjoy and what sells, I'll keep hoping.
P.s. incase it isn't clear, I love your figs. Keep em coming

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 04:44:34 PM »
Wot he said. :D

Offline Rhelyk

• Librarian
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2016, 08:53:22 AM »
I'd love to see just male heads to match the resistance fighters and other female heads, your small ones fit great on Infinity figures, but nobody elses does unfortunately. Complete male resistance fighters? Yeah sure, cool maybe someday probly not tho. Male heads in a non-mongoloid size I can actually use? I'll take a bucket of em!

Offline Andrew Rae

• Mad Scientist
    • Statuesque Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll have a think about male heads. They wouldn't be the hardest things to make. And I wouldn't be surprised if I revisit the resistance fighter idea at some point, probably in the pulp figure style, as it's a theme I like a lot. If I did, I would make sure to make them equal opportunities. :)