Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:08:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout; Vault 26  (Read 22873 times)

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
Re: Fallout; Vault 26
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2017, 10:18:51 PM »
Pipes - so plenty of opportunity to do one with coloured water effects!
Cool.

Plus you can put critters in them...

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2017, 10:24:37 PM »
They would have to be small... the pipes are brobably less thsn 1cm in internal diamater. That would work with the computer screen though, with the addition of a bit of clear plastic and a shelf...

Interesting idea though!

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2017, 08:45:55 AM »
I was thinking: brains; brains with tentacles or legs (half life?); Crooked Dice's little crab things etc.

Is there prize for the first e-ink or mobile 'phone screen added to one of them?

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2017, 09:45:45 PM »
I was thinking: brains; brains with tentacles or legs (half life?); Crooked Dice's little crab things etc.

Is there prize for the first e-ink or mobile 'phone screen added to one of them?

Not sure I get what you mean by the latter comment!

Brains would fit - but the conchkin wouldn't. The tubes are too narrow.

Offline uti long smile

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2017, 10:25:58 PM »
 Very nicely done! Glad you like them.
Something Crooked this way comes...
http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/
Wargaming in the world of Cult TV

Offline Gun bunny

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2017, 09:56:02 AM »
 :o :o :o that is outstanding stuff

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2017, 04:26:59 PM »
For the sake on interest, I thought I would offer a comparison shot.

Here are Crooked Dice's (Figurebitz) Computer console and Deltadog's computer console, side by side.

I think that they are a good comparison. Obviously, the £1 lasercut mdf console lacks the detail of the resin model. However, at a pound they are not to be dismissed lightly! I think it will be very interesting to compare again, once the paint has dried - I think they will come together nicely with a cohesive colour scheme.

In other news, the building of terrain got me into that again, so here is something that has been on my to do list for ages. Deltadog provided me with a couple of his vault generators. Although he did send the tower for the top, it is a solid resin piece, and I wanted something more detailed and, well, hollow! The electrodes are from a floor transition bar - I had loads left over after a DIY project and this seemed a good way to get rid of a few!

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
I have had little to no hobby time of late, so there's not a lot to update.

I've added some layers of matt varnish to model's I've already shown, so little interest in that. However, I have managed to do an hour or so of building today.

First, the wandering double tape machine!

As with the other products from Crooked Dice and Figurebitz, it proved easy to build, even without instructions. I've not yet had any time to add any card panels to give it a bit more detail, but hopefully I'll be able to do something about that this week, or next weekend.

Next, I've got some updates on the stuff I got from Deltadog.

The bed on the right has had the turned over corner of the blanket removed and re-sculpted to appear all flat. Added on top is a skeleton. The fallout universe seems full of beds occupied by skeletons, so I felt I needed one too. As with the skeletons in game, I tried to add a bit of a story behind the skeleton - something appropriately macabre. The pistol still gripped in its skeletal fingers and the  hole in the temple implies that the trauma of nuclear war proved too much for this unfortunate person.

I did think for a while as to whether I wanted something as dark as implied suicide in the game. Ultimately, I took my lead from the games themselves. There are moments in the game where you come across holotapes or stories told in the objects surrounding long decayed remains that are dark, moving, and at some points quite upsetting. For all the fun I want to have in this game, I felt I needed a visual reminder that this is still a tragic setting, where many, many people have come to terrible ends. I have two other beds, so if I ever feel that this is not appropriate, I have enough alternative furniture to leave it off the board.

The central console shows what I have done to the back of both. The model has a plain back, which is in contrast to the very detailed front. To balance it out, I wanted some rear panelling. So, a vent an access panel has been added to the back of each console, meaning it will just look a bit nicer on the tabletop.

The final picture is a simple head swap.

This is the Crooked Dice Ms Lovely Day, with a Brother Vinni post apocalyptic head. Just something to add a little variation and to make her a little more my own.

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2017, 11:05:26 PM »

A wip. A hasslefree model with a headswap and the addition of watch bits!

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2017, 04:47:09 AM »
very effective !
 8)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2017, 08:29:18 AM »
Very nice.

Offline nedius

• Librarian
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2017, 11:02:15 PM »
Finally settled on a colour scheme for the vault furniture. These are all still WIP, and need additional weathering and detailing. I'll be sticking papers and other debris on tables and desks, posters and signs on the upright furniture and generators. So, lots left to do, and a big batch to work through. But still, shows some progress!

Offline Alder Von Well

• Schoolboy
« Reply #132 on: April 14, 2017, 12:29:17 AM »
Very cool looking furniture.  :)

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2017, 09:20:17 AM »
That looks sooooooo good!

So bad I´m not able to build on my vault atm. To look on this here bring up the wish to do so!

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2017, 09:40:02 AM »
They look really good, well done.