Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:39:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691073
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 823
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Empress Rocket Unit.  (Read 4365 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Empress Rocket Unit.
« on: February 22, 2009, 09:42:45 AM »
Another new release......and still more to be announced in the next few weeks.

We hope you like it.  ;)

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
Re: Empress Rocket Unit.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 10:50:45 AM »
looks great ..hurry up payday just had an expensive 2 weeks in florida and come home to all these new figures from empress,like the rule updates as well.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 02:16:17 PM »
Oooohhh... rockets...  ;D
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline JollyBob

• Galactic Brain
  • I've only had a few ales...
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 06:20:24 PM »
Nice!  :-*

Offline Tellus

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 08:25:15 PM »
Actually I didn't wanted to buy any figures for a while,last year was a rush,I don't compensate with chocolate but with miniatures.And I had a lot to compensate ;D

And I'm no way in the AZW,but when I saw them yesterday it was too tempting,and it's so easy to buy stuff on the internet >:(
So I bought these and some of their fellows,they look great -It's Colonial Day

« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 08:31:12 AM by Tellus »

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:25:28 AM »
Wonderful stuff. ;D when can we expect to see some cavalry ???
"These creatures do not die like the bee after the first sting, but go on age after age, feeding on the blood of the living"  - Abraham Van Helsing

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 08:47:26 AM »
Thankyou EM, lovely minatures as always. Paul has once again designed some lovely miniatures for you.

This supporting arm is my favourite for the period. I don't know why prehaps its the small heroic gesture at Isandlwana before being over run that has drawn me to this.

I hope we are going to see Major F.B. Russell as a miniature who commanded the rocket battery at Islandlwana!

Since I view my prints on the wall each an every day it's always lovely to see "The Last Stand at Islandlwana" by Simon Anthony Smith and my other small prints of the VC recipients during the Defence of Rorkes Drift by Mark Churms. Has anyone got any of these prints?

When I've put away some of my other projects I'll venture into this period. I'll base it around the Sword in the Flames Rule set when I do.

Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 08:54:09 AM »
Morning,

We have a couple of other infantry packs to consider such ammunition supply and an Ensigns pack.

Cavalry are near the top of the 'to sculpt list'  ;)

However we are not prepared to say when at this stage as it only creates problems. The first releases will be Police, Carabiniers, local volunteers, and our favourite native horse. 

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 08:56:40 AM »
Has anyone got any of these prints?

I don't have those ones, but I have these two matching Alphonse de Neuville ones framed on the wall of the old gaming room (though we haven't gamed up there for ages and the place is filled with cardboard boxes of tranklements and chattels):

A former wargaming and role-playing chum who's no longer part of our gang gave them to me years ago as a birthday gift. I really like them, but am with Sir Garnet Wolseley on the controversial subject of their VCs. Saving the colours or not, an officer shouldn't receive the Victoria Cross for running away while his men stand and die.
With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
Has anyone got any of these prints?

I don't have those ones, but I have these two matching Alphonse de Neuville ones framed on the wall of the old gaming room (though we haven't gamed up there for ages and the place is filled with cardboard boxes of tranklements and chattels):

I have both of those two framed and hanging in our dining room. As well as an original Double page spread from the ILN of the return to Isandlwana. I also have quite a few ILN pages, not yet framed. I went through a phase buying loads of these. Fortunately it has passed now, but I have a nice collection. :)

Many years ago I was fortunate to tour the battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift with the late David Rattray taking in the graves of Melville and Coghill. A very moving exeperience.

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 09:08:09 AM »
Thanks Dylan and Malamute,

During the whole campaign there were certainly times where the British officer was not at his finest, not all of course!

I'd long ago Alphonse de Neuville book on his works of art an I do remember some of the art work for this period. I've played numerous Rorkes Drift games with my friends, but never Isandlwana.

Do you guys have an extensive library for this period? I've about a dozen or so books.

Thanks EM, Dylan and Malamute

Helen
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:13:51 AM by Helen Bachaus »

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 09:15:46 AM »
I'm not criticising the two men, saving the colours was such a fundamental part of the military culture I think most would have considered it a worthwhile endeavour at the time. Just disagree with the clamour that got them posthumous VCs. I don't doubt their bravery for a second. I merely think the VC is special, and you shouldn't get one for fleeing a battlefield.

As to my library, I suppose it depends what you'd consider 'extensive.' I really can't remember how many I have, though there was a time when I would buy anything with the word "Zulu" on it.  :)

Edit: I think about 15, including Ospreys. Not so many as to make me an obsessive, but enough to make me a nerd. Also have Zulu, Zulu Dawn and the Shaka Zulu TV series on DVD.  :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 09:22:10 AM by Plynkes »

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 09:30:10 AM »
I'm not criticising the two men, saving the colours was such a fundamental part of the military culture I think most would have considered it a worthwhile endeavour at the time. Just disagree with the clamour that got them posthumous VCs. I don't doubt their bravery for a second. I merely think the VC is special, and you shouldn't get one for fleeing a battlefield.

As to my library, I suppose it depends what you'd consider 'extensive.' I really can't remember how many I have, though there was a time when I would buy anything with the word "Zulu" on it.  :)

Edit: I think about 15, including Ospreys. Not so many as to make me an obsessive, but enough to make me a nerd. Also have Zulu, Zulu Dawn and the Shaka Zulu TV series on DVD.  :)

Thanks Dylan,

I was thinking more into the campaign where there were certain judemental errors made by certain officers in command of troops when the Zulus were confronting them and the senior NCO took charge of the situation.

Yes I do have Zulu and Zulu Dawn of which my favourite of the two is Zulu Dawn.

Chow,

Helen

Offline Malamute

• Prince of Darkness
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
    • Boot Hill Miniatures
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 09:31:06 AM »
I probably have a similar number to Plynkes. I was a great Zulu wars enthusiast at one time and like Poly brought everything in sight, particularly books.
I have a sizeable Redoubt miniatures collection of figures, but for some reason never managed to get many games played.
I still enjoy the subject, and am falling for it again especially with these Empress figures.
One thing I do have in my collection which is often played in the car is an audio tape recording of David Rattray describing the battle of Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift. A special souvenir of our stay at his lodge and a great reminder of hearing him speak. He is sadly missed. :(

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 09:36:51 AM »

I have both of those two framed and hanging in our dining room.

Mrs Malamute is a very understanding and forbearing person...  ;)