Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:24:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Robots, Drones, Cybers, Ratmen Kickstarter  (Read 1968 times)

Offline MegaMinis

• Assistant
    • Mega Miniatures
Robots, Drones, Cybers, Ratmen Kickstarter
« on: February 27, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »
     The basic pledge of $45 nets you a pound in weight of metal figures; a total of 25 containing 83 separately cast parts.  My 5th Kickstarter contains new and old pieces, many of which have not been available since 2013.  Unlike my previous Kickstarters there are no stretch goals.  Just one big cheap pile of robotic madness!   

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/967512676/robots-drones-cybers-28mm-miniatures-sci-fi-alien

Plus, I have included many add-on options from cyber-grunts, to units of security drones.  I’ve spent the last two years making well over 100 molds for this project which can be purchased till March 30th 2017.  I will begin shipping pledges as early as April with the bulk shipping in May of 2017.

Offline n815e

• Mad Scientist
Re: Robots, Drones, Cybers, Ratmen Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 02:25:12 PM »
Will they be available to order post-kickstarter?

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 04:29:00 PM »
This Kickstarter has come at a perfect time for me. I'm in!

Offline rwwin

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 08:49:02 PM »
Good to see you can't keep good minis down!  Glad to see Star Mogul coming back.  It'd be nice if the KS page could give a shout out to the original Alpha Forge.  I know most of the backers probably know the figures origin, but I think Rod still deserves the sculpting credit.

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 10:08:56 PM »
Having never backed a kickstarter before I'm curious as to how it works? I'm really interested in the ratmen minis and a couple robots to kick around wouldn't hurt either. So if someone wants to explain how it all works I'd be interested.

Weez

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 12:31:42 AM »
Having never backed a kickstarter before I'm curious as to how it works? I'm really interested in the ratmen minis and a couple robots to kick around wouldn't hurt either. So if someone wants to explain how it all works I'd be interested.

Weez

Start here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter+basics?ref=footer

Short form on this project, $45 gets you one of each of the models in the photo at the top of the project. Some rats, lots of robots. If you want even MORE rats, add another $20 to your pledge for every 9 rats you want. If you want any of the other things he has posted on the page, add those funds to your pledge. Your card will be charged when the project closes, which will be Thu, March 30 2017 7:00 PM EDT. If you cancel before then, you won't be charged. If you pledge and cancel, the worst that will happen is you'll lose your place in the queue and if you pledge again you'll be at the end of the queue.

Once the project closes, he'll collect money, ask you what you want via a feedback form, and get to casting. Based on my experiences with Johnny, if he says you'll have your stuff by May, you'll have it by then. Order now to get in the queue earlier and get your stuff sooner.

Offline palaeomerus

• Scientist
  • " We've Got Movement!"
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 01:48:56 AM »
    The basic pledge of $45 nets you a pound in weight of metal figures; a total of 25 containing 83 separately cast parts.  My 5th Kickstarter contains new and old pieces, many of which have not been available since 2013.  Unlike my previous Kickstarters there are no stretch goals.  Just one big cheap pile of robotic madness!  

I loves seeing those Star Moghul /Salvage Crew pieces again.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:50:34 AM by palaeomerus »

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »
@mrgrigson, that is very much helpful thank you sir! I think I will be backing this one up just have to wait until payday and then it's as good as gold.... Or more lead, take it as you will....

Signing off
Weez

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 12:55:11 PM »
Is this EU friendly?
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline The_Beast

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • As my grandchildren see me...
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 01:23:10 PM »
@mrgrigson, that is very much helpful thank you sir! I think I will be backing this one up just have to wait until payday and then it's as good as gold.... Or more lead, take it as you will....

Just pointing out the payment is due the end of the particular Kickstarter, in this case, in 29 days.

Not meaning  you should pledge if you don't have the money now, but if one is depending on payday, one has to put a little away 'til the end.  ;)

Doug

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 09:21:39 PM »
Well payday has arrived and I've taken the plunge! Along with the initial pledge I've also added on for the salvage crew and the additional ratmen. So for being a kickstarter virgin I'm excited to experience this for the first time  lol

Weez

Offline Muzfish4

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 12:22:35 AM »
Thank for the notice.

I'll be watching this one closely and will see how my finances are travelling closer to the end date.

Offline Weezbeez37

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 05:20:05 PM »
Well I just received my order in the mail today and as far as I can tell I'm only missing one mini from the salvage crew (the security guard with the raised rifle) other than that I'm stoked by the amount of character in each of these minis and can't wait to get them on my painting table and then onto the battlefield.

I've got big plans for these guys (and gals) for my groups TNT campaign so as soon as I get home I'm going to get started and hopefully have something to bring to the game this weekend.

I'm envisioning a human who's cast aside humanity for the company of some robots, the "Mechanist" anyone???? Also who doesn't like the idea of some mutated rats with guns ;)

Weez