Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:55:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
  • Total Members: 10485
  • Latest: Zombiu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1694534
  • Total Topics: 118614
  • Online Today: 644
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 59707 times)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #555 on: October 01, 2017, 02:07:17 PM »
As a resident of the UK I'm always pleased when UK based companies have American and other foreign countries' products for sale. It saves a fortune on post and packing and the dreaded customs charges. Even more so with the UK leaving the European Market forcing the value of the pound to plummet. I used to order a lot of figures from abroad but now I'm much more cautious about what I spend and where.  :-[

Agreed 100%!  ;)

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #556 on: October 02, 2017, 08:33:01 AM »
Thanks there, fellas! Thank you for your reply, LeadAsbestos. That's exactly what I thought and that is why I dislike the Harbinger of the Crossroad Cult (not the Vessel from the congregation - but I also dislike the zombis also, although the minis look cool; they are rules-impractical).

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #557 on: October 03, 2017, 07:05:42 AM »
Yes, some of the figures could do with at least a holstered pistol on their belt or something!
I've been converting my own figures with suitable plastic weapons from the Warlord Games Project Z Survivors...

By the way, I finally got around to updating the new Blog with a report of a DA demo game from last week!

https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/2017/10/draculas-demo-2692017.html
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!
https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #558 on: October 03, 2017, 08:36:49 AM »
I have been converting my Congregation posse. Fitting them with firearms.

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #559 on: October 03, 2017, 09:57:54 AM »
So where did you get the firearms guys? Did you use Perry? Or does someone make some?

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #560 on: October 03, 2017, 03:39:01 PM »
As I had a lot of guys painted up from Congo games, so my Congregation force has potential to be HUGE!

Offline Gardensnake

• Bookworm
« Reply #561 on: October 05, 2017, 02:59:03 AM »
He can still shoot, yes, according to the rules. The Congregation minis, while being totally.cool, are entirely inappropriate for actual game play. No arcanist to start, so they give you 3! No zombies til someone dies, so you get 2. ::)
I still love em! But my starting posse will look very different from what they provided.

I get what you are saying but I think you may be looking at it wrong. The way I view the official figures, they aren't meant to form complete forces. They are to let you turn your existing western model collections into war bands for the game. It's not that you need 3 archaists, you've got 3 choices for your arcanist models. The zombi are for when you need them or one-off games. Compared to the Twilight order, the Crossroads Cult, and the Skinwalkers, The Congregation is spoiled with official models. I think the only group who has more official models and can fill out a posse with just official models is Dark Confederacy. I think the official models represent more of a end result than a start. It's kind of like a D&D character. At 1st level, they're never what they will be. Also, there's nothing stopping someone from playing a one-off game and using 2 arcanist and 2 zombis in a game. It's completely legal if you use the arcanist hired gun and start with enough money to buy a grimoire to get your main arcanist. We've also been teased of a houngan hired gun, so that would make 3 arcanist at the right amount of money or experience.

William
Until such time as Congress stops being a ridiculous farce, comedy is utterly acceptable at their hearings.
Sean Patrick Fannon

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #562 on: October 05, 2017, 01:53:27 PM »
What I'm saying, William, is that the models aren't appropriate for actual game play. Are you going to run zombies w/ no weapons, or just a machete? Because that is what they have. Or arcanists without any weapons at all? Also what is available.

I'm planning on using the official minis and letting my opponent know what they are carrying in game, because they are great looking minis, well-sculpted and that evoke the mood very well, but in actual play terms, they aren't right. I'm still painting the bunch and using them! :)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #563 on: October 06, 2017, 02:11:30 AM »
We've been playing for a couple weeks now, and really enjoying the rules a lot!  Sarai, my Twilight Order's Summoned Seraph, has been pretty much officially christened "Murder Angel".

Our house rules:
1.  We started our campaign with $100 forces but limited to the one vet and five novices per the campaign rules.  It seems to be working out well.
2.   We changed the card initiative to work along the same lines as Savage Worlds - Aces high, Jokers trump and allow two solo activations at once, priority by card value and then spades/hearts/diamonds/clubs priority on a tie.  This also is working out really well.

I've been posting battle reports on the Facebook players page as we play games.
You, sir, are not allowed to attempt a takeover of the solar system until your octopus sobers up.

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #564 on: October 06, 2017, 08:32:16 AM »
I think for zombies, I would pick up pistols and other weapons, I think there was a post on the face book group a while ago , an example is shown here http://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_71&products_id=255&language=it

that can modify them,. Another thing I have done is like Lad asbestos use a token to state what the weapon they have  e.g. pistol, rifle etc as helps to avoid ambiguity.

If wanting to use zeds with the weapons use normal cowboys and zombify them (papa midnight and red zed have some great examples on the forum here)

things like flesh colour, using a pin vice to put bullet holes in them works a treat or bending arms and legs or chopping heads and repositioning at an odd angle work well too

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #565 on: October 08, 2017, 03:26:35 PM »
How do you get XP? The only way I can find is by being the underdog in a game?

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #566 on: October 08, 2017, 08:33:04 PM »
@LeadAsbestos: Page 65, under Advance Rolls-
"A model that does not Advance earns one point of EXP instead".

There are also a few Encounters where your models can earn EXP...

Hope that helps!

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #567 on: October 09, 2017, 12:30:54 AM »
Thank you!

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #568 on: October 09, 2017, 07:04:18 AM »
No problem! :)

Offline Froggy the Great

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • ...let slip the frogs of war.
    • My deviantArt gallery of painted figures
« Reply #569 on: October 09, 2017, 10:29:19 PM »
Can one buy skills for new recruits in a campaign?  I don't see anywhere saying either way.