Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:37:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Dracula's America.  (Read 58792 times)

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
Re: Dracula's America.
« Reply #540 on: September 26, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »
You'll be happy to hear then that in book 3, one of the out-of-game Encounters has you exploring a wrecked paddle-steamer!  ;)

Oh aye, and I've also started a tentative Blog- link below, if I can get it to work!

https://lead-mountaineer.blogspot.co.uk/

There will of course be plenty of DA related stuff, but you may occasionally have to put up with some of my ramblings and such. Feel free to comment and ask questions on there if you like, and I'll try to keep abreast of developments both here and there (wish me luck on that!)...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:44:46 PM by Fenrir »
I now have a Blog, like an actual modern-day human!

Offline dartfrog

• Scientist
« Reply #541 on: September 26, 2017, 05:07:31 PM »
Good to see the blog up and running. Well beyond my tech abilities already.

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #542 on: September 26, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
I won't lie; I had help!
I'm hoping that I'll be able to figure the rest of it out as I go along...

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Everything is Better with Vampire Supermodels
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #543 on: September 26, 2017, 09:41:48 PM »
You'll be happy to hear then that in book 3, one of the out-of-game Encounters has you exploring a wrecked paddle-steamer!  ;)

I KNEW IT!  lol

Oh aye, and I've also started a tentative Blog- link below, if I can get it to work!

There will of course be plenty of DA related stuff, but you may occasionally have to put up with some of my ramblings and such. Feel free to comment and ask questions on there if you like, and I'll try to keep abreast of developments both here and there (wish me luck on that!)...

Looking good so far! CONGRATULATIONS!  ;)

And... GOOD LUCK!  :D

"Because life is made of inspiration, dreaming and insanity in about equal measure."
- Erzsébet Báthory - 1560-1614 (?)

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
    • Vampifan's World of the Undead
« Reply #544 on: September 26, 2017, 10:47:18 PM »
Fenrir, I'm delighted to see you have started blogging. I've left a short message on your blog (your first comment  :D) and I will definitely be following you from now on.  ;) Best of luck!

Offline Fenrir

• Scientist
    • The Lead Mountaineer
« Reply #545 on: September 29, 2017, 04:51:23 PM »
Thanks very much, folks!  :)

@Vampifan: And thank you, sir, for the very kind and encouraging first comment! As soon as I figure out how, I will definitely return the favour and follow your own Blog...

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #546 on: September 29, 2017, 10:19:33 PM »

Great news!

It is really bad the beautiful Black Scorpion miniatures look like giants next to standard 28 mm.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #547 on: September 30, 2017, 12:34:15 AM »
Great news!

It is really bad the beautiful Black Scorpion miniatures look like giants next to standard 28 mm.

Indeed, but IMHO you can pick up some of them to add to the mix of your figures, because real people are not build under the same "scale" anyway...  ;)

In the meanwhile, check out the gorgeous Knuckeduster Gunfighter's Ball line of figures - they fit very well with Artizan/Dracula's America miniatures:

http://knuckleduster.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=1_70

There's some good comparison pictures of Old West miniatures here:

http://blazingdice.blogspot.com.br/2013/11/old-west-figure-manufacture-comparison.html

« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 12:47:10 AM by dinohunterpoa »

Offline Paboook

• Scientist
« Reply #548 on: September 30, 2017, 02:18:18 PM »
Dinohinterpoe: Lovely figures. I wonder if they have EU distribution.

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #549 on: September 30, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »
Dinohinterpoe: Lovely figures. I wonder if they have EU distribution.

As far as I know, Knuckeduster's website shopping cart is programmed to charge shipping to Europe based upon weight instead of a flat fee, waaaaay cheaper than using the standard USPS as most companies do. You can run a simulation of shipping charges on the "shop" portion of their website, or just get in touch with them!  ;) 

Offline Remington

• Mastermind
  • Who? Where? Say what now?
    • The Doc's Diary
« Reply #550 on: September 30, 2017, 08:37:31 PM »
Hey everyone, we're having a bit of a disagreement during our game, because we're confused by the northstar model: The harbinger of the crossroad cult retains his weapons... that means he/she can shoot normally, right? Even if the NS model carries no weapons.

Re: Knuckleduster:sadly their shipping for Europe was like 25$ for 5 models and they haven't yet responded to me since I sent them a message a week ago.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 08:48:49 PM by Remington »

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #551 on: September 30, 2017, 10:10:39 PM »
He can still shoot, yes, according to the rules. The Congregation minis, while being totally.cool, are entirely inappropriate for actual game play. No arcanist to start, so they give you 3! No zombies til someone dies, so you get 2. ::)
I still love em! But my starting posse will look very different from what they provided.

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
« Reply #552 on: October 01, 2017, 11:49:47 AM »
Regarding Knuckleduster Miniatures, Caliver Books in the UK stock most of their range. Here's a link to them - https://www.caliverbooks.com/figures/catviewer.php?q0dh30l2spchbngvoedv9a1r43&producer=126&range=Gunfighers%20Ball&menu=2
I've ordered from them in the past and found them most reliable. I hope that helps.  :)

Offline dinohunterpoa

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Isla de Santa Biscaya
« Reply #553 on: October 01, 2017, 12:49:46 PM »
Regarding Knuckleduster Miniatures, Caliver Books in the UK stock most of their range. Here's a link to them - https://www.caliverbooks.com/figures/catviewer.php?q0dh30l2spchbngvoedv9a1r43&producer=126&range=Gunfighers%20Ball&menu=2
I've ordered from them in the past and found them most reliable. I hope that helps.  :)

Vampifan to the rescue!  ;)

Thank you very much for the link; I've ordered directly from Knuckeduster and paid a very reasonable shipping charge, but as Remington said they changed their shipping policy, in the future I will order from Caliver Books for sure!  :)

Offline Vampifan

• Scientist
« Reply #554 on: October 01, 2017, 01:46:01 PM »
As a resident of the UK I'm always pleased when UK based companies have American and other foreign countries' products for sale. It saves a fortune on post and packing and the dreaded customs charges. Even more so with the UK leaving the European Market forcing the value of the pound to plummet. I used to order a lot of figures from abroad but now I'm much more cautious about what I spend and where.  :-[